Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Francisco Street station is valet parking only. (Would have been nice if the Tesla supercharger site mentioned that. ;^) Hint: If you're not staying at the hotel, you will need a really creative story to get in.

Yeah, I didn't know that beforehand either, so I just paid them when I was there and then took a nap in their lobby for about a half hour. Granted it was 3AM....so probably a good idea at the time. I've since learned when venturing into dense urban areas to do a little investigating before setting out. That's was certainly helpful in the NYC area where there are 6 valet spots that I managed to get all on the same day.

Reactions: Big Earl
updated. Tigard also a first - 10 days after opening, but a first for our group.
How unexpected. Tigard was a huge convenience for me — the year before my parents moved into assisted living north of Beaverton, so no more charging at their house on a 10-30 drier outlet. I was having to go all the way south to Woodburn OR to charge on family visits. Anyway, here's a picture of my S-60 at Tigard OR on 17 May 2018 with my father, then age 91, standing next to it (he really likes my car!):
Dad with Model S at Tigard Supercharger2029sf 5-17-18.jpg

@PLUS EV
Sorry to hear you ran out just a few miles from the supercharger. I assume you were navigating to the supercharger? I have a few data points that navigating to a supercharger even if you aren’t (going home or to another charger) actually gives you more range during warm weather. My hypothesis is that the car turns off battery cooling which both saves energy and also increases range since warm batteries have more range.

Kudos to you PLUS EV... I thought I was cutting it close when I delay charging until 5% left. Anybody who has problem with range anxiety should see you as a therapist. One question, when you know you'll be short in range, have you considered driving to one of the houses/plaza along the road and use their 110V outlet for a few hours while taking a nap in the car? you were short by a few miles anway....

• Funny
Reactions: IT Geek
This Wiki is for a little contest for the most Superchargers used. How about the simple rules for each claim of total with a list of those Superchargers visited and used for charging, followed by interesting factoids that you may wish to share? I'll try to keep a summary of the results on this first page.

General discussion at Most Superchargers Visited

Hey, cool. I wanna play too.

Is there a way to find all the chargers I’ve visited so far?

"I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy! [/QUOTE]

Maybe the moral of the story is not to let your battery run down so low. We live in Bend. Superchargers are few and far between in any direction. The one at The Dalles just went into operation in July. We try not to let our range get below 60 miles, (1) because it shortens the battery life to let it run low, or always charge it to the max, (2) because road and weather conditions can affect your mileage drastically.

We had two close calls last winter, one between Grants Pass and Bend, and one between Baker City and Bend. The distance in each case is about 200 miles max. We were fully charged. It was cold, and at night. So, not only did the cold draw down the battery capacity, but we had the lights and the heater on, which didn't help. We wouldn't have made it except for a destination charger at Sunriver, and one at John Day.

It's one thing to run out of gas in an ICE car and thumb a ride with your 5-gallon can. It's a whole other situation in a Tesla. So, stop doing what you're doing.

• Disagree
Reactions: NKYTA and Darren S
An EV should not stop showing rated miles left > 0. That’s just silly.

I took a course in fluid dynamics when I was a sophomore in college. Unfortunately it was so long ago that airplane drag was not yet an issue.

I have made it to 33 superchargers and feel that I am out of my depth here. Driving a Model 3 RWD LR gave me the impression that the car never runs out of energy, according to my bladder anyway.

Honestly though, if not for the crosswind, I probably would have just driven a little faster and had the same thing happen anyway. I never would have dreamed that the car would come to a stop with miles still left on the battery. In fact, I was under the impression that there were a few miles left in reserve. I have heard stories of negative rated miles showing on the dashboard display. One time at a CA supercharger, a clueless group of young kids told me they arrived in their Model S with something like -12 rated miles. I've never gone into negative territory and I suspect that the new software doesn't show negative miles any more, but I have driven down to 0 at least once or twice and then continued a short distance (less than a mile) to the supercharger without issue.
OMG, that would freak me seriously, out. I got to my cul-de-sac with 2%, my terrifying fear that the car would stop and I'd have to call a tow right in front of God and everybody. Big setback for EV's if that had happened. I made it home.

@PLUS EV
Sorry to hear you ran out just a few miles from the supercharger. I assume you were navigating to the supercharger? I have a few data points that navigating to a supercharger even if you aren’t (going home or to another charger) actually gives you more range during warm weather. My hypothesis is that the car turns off battery cooling which both saves energy and also increases range since warm batteries have more range.
Yes I was navigating to the supercharger. Ambient temp was in the low 70s and it was a couple hours after sunset.

Wrt the loss of regen, the hill was super steep and I had to brake a lot to slow down so that was super frustrating. I even did a scroll reset as I descended, hoping that would somehow get the regen working again (longshot I know), but it didn't. Also tried a scroll reset and a full power off after I completely ran out of juice, but that didn't help anything either. The 12V did keep the dash and the Nav screen operating all the way until I got to the supercharger with the tow truck, so that was good because I couldn't shift to Neutral and I needed to put it in tow mode. Not sure what we would have done if that had gone out prior to putting it in tow mode.

Lastly, it seemed strange that I couldn't manually open the chargeport when I got to the supercharger. For some reason, in my excited state, I forgot to try pushing the button on the charger and I was really having a hard time figuring out how to open the chargeport for a minute. Nav screen was dark and app wasn't communicating with the car at that point. But then the chargeport just seemed to magically open so I quickly plugged in and was relieved.

We need an emoji (like 'Informative', 'Like', 'Funny', etc.) for SCARY!

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB
Well I sadly joined the ranks of Tesla owners who have run out of charge and need to be flat-bedded to the supercharger. I guess it took over 170k miles for this to happen so I had a good run!

As with most such blunders, there were multiple factors that led to the situation. I left Sunriver, OR with about 150 rated miles remaining. I was headed out to dinner with my family who were vacationing in the area and then headed home afterwards so we were driving separately. I had thought the restaurant was in Sunriver, but it was in fact in Bend, in fact it was quite a ways north of the Bend supercharger. Had I known that I would have left earlier and stopped for a top-off. But at dinner, I figured I could make it to The Dalles supercharger fairly easily so I decided not to back track to the Bend supercharger.

When I routed to The Dalles, the Nav said I would make it with 7% remaining, but that number quickly dropped to 4 and then 3%. Still nothing alarming compared to some of the drives I have done. The sun had just gone down and the temps were perfect for driving with no heat or a/c and of course I had the suspension low and all the other typical hypermiling techniques. There was some wind, which appeared to be more of a crosswind, but it must have had some effect because I was not driving very fast and the percentage kept ticking down to 2, then 1, then 0. Still I have been in this situation many times and wasn't too concerned. I just started driving much more slowly with about 25 miles left in the trip. I had been going 5 over and then right at the speed limit, but now I was going 45 and then 35 in 55 and 65 zones (basically no traffic on this lonely country highway so that was not a big deal).

Now, this leg had a big elevation drop which was one of the reasons I was confident I'd make it, but it is of course disconcerting when you have 25 miles left and only 17 rated miles remaining. Still I knew I had at least a 1k ft elevation drop so I thought I'd be fine. And in fact, by the math, I should have been fine. Right before the car started to shut down it even said I would make it with 1% remaining. At this point I had 5 rated miles remaining and about 7 miles left to go, but I was about to come over the crest of a hill and have an immediate 800 ft elevation drop so I (and the Nav) felt like I would make it without much issue. Unfortunately right before the crest of the hill, I got the warning that the battery was low and I should pull over soon. I kept going over the top off the hill and coasted down it, but at this point I guess the battery was so low that the regen didn't work and this really cost me.

Still, I get to the bottom of the hill and I have 4 miles left to go and 5 rated miles left on my screen, so I attempt to keep going. Again, there's no traffic and I obviously avoid getting on the freeway and stick to the right lane of a country road that is going into the town of The Dalles. The car is still giving me all the warnings to pull over but with 5 rated miles showing, I figure it's worth a shot. I make it about a mile down that country road and 2 rated miles tick off when the accelerator completely loses power, so at that point I coast to a stop on a (forunately) wide shoulder. At this point I was 3 miles from the supercharger and the battery shows 3 rated miles remaining so needless to say I was not pleased!

I was able to get a tow truck in less than an hour and we towed to the fortunately vacant supercharger in the hotel parking lot and I mostly charged without issue from that point on. Still it was not a fun experience.

I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy!

Also on this trip, my car was getting very slow charge rates at superchargers. It was different but similar to what I remember with my nerfed S90D. So this was very frustrating and part of me is wondering if this is somehow related to running out of battery early. This was only a brief 4-supercharger trip so I will have to withhold judgment until I make a longer trip, but the behavior was the same at all 4 superchargers so it isn't looking good.
Thank you for your detailed narrative on how you lost power. Sometimes I take chances but in my case, I know the locations. Because of your experience, I will make sure I have plenty % miles left to the supercharger when I do not know the territory. Thanks again.

Maybe the moral of the story is not to let your battery run down so low. We live in Bend. Superchargers are few and far between in any direction. The one at The Dalles just went into operation in July. We try not to let our range get below 60 miles, (1) because it shortens the battery life to let it run low, or always charge it to the max, (2) because road and weather conditions can affect your mileage drastically.

We had two close calls last winter, one between Grants Pass and Bend, and one between Baker City and Bend. The distance in each case is about 200 miles max. We were fully charged. It was cold, and at night. So, not only did the cold draw down the battery capacity, but we had the lights and the heater on, which didn't help. We wouldn't have made it except for a destination charger at Sunriver, and one at John Day.

It's one thing to run out of gas in an ICE car and thumb a ride with your 5-gallon can. It's a whole other situation in a Tesla. So, stop doing what you're doing.

Thanks for the Monday Morning Quarterbacking. It is greatly appreciated.

The Dalles supercharger opened in August of 2014.

Last edited:
Kudos to you PLUS EV... I thought I was cutting it close when I delay charging until 5% left. Anybody who has problem with range anxiety should see you as a therapist. One question, when you know you'll be short in range, have you considered driving to one of the houses/plaza along the road and use their 110V outlet for a few hours while taking a nap in the car? you were short by a few miles anway....
Of course, I consider all options when cutting it close like this. If you re-read my post, you will see that I wasn't going to come up short according to the Nav. When it went into "panic mode," it said I would arrive with 1% of battery remaining. What screwed me was lack of regen on the downhill slope of a large hill. Apparently you don't get regen when the battery gets super low.

Reactions: Darren S
OMG, that would freak me seriously, out. I got to my cul-de-sac with 2%, my terrifying fear that the car would stop and I'd have to call a tow right in front of God and everybody. Big setback for EV's if that had happened. I made it home.
Fortunately for me, God doesn't exist and there were very few people on the roads in the Dalles at 11pm on a weeknight.

We need an emoji (like 'Informative', 'Like', 'Funny', etc.) for SCARY!
It wasn't a fun experience, but contrary to popular belief, it wasn't really any scarier than running out of gas. And only marginally more inconvenient. I was by myself, in no real hurry to get home, and temps were in the 70s. I was also 99.99% certain that if I did run out of juice, I'd at least be on the outskirts of the Dalles. Of course I was also 99+% certain that I would just make it to the supercharger as I have cut it close like this many times in my travel. I will be less confident in the future of course. It would have been a little worse had I run out like 20+ miles away from the supercharger, but that would have required either gross negligence on my part or a serious malfunction of the car. The reason that would have been worse is because there wasn't cell reception in those areas. But still, temps were comfortable and while there wasn't much traffic there were a few cars going by each hour, so it would have been relatively easy to hitch a ride into town.

An EV should not stop showing rated miles left > 0. That’s just silly.

I took a course in fluid dynamics when I was a sophomore in college. Unfortunately it was so long ago that airplane drag was not yet an issue.

I have made it to 33 superchargers and feel that I am out of my depth here. Driving a Model 3 RWD LR gave me the impression that the car never runs out of energy, according to my bladder anyway.
33 superchargers is a good start. Go ahead and post your list in this thread!

Reactions: NKYTA
Well I sadly joined the ranks of Tesla owners who have run out of charge and need to be flat-bedded to the supercharger. I guess it took over 170k miles for this to happen so I had a good run!

As with most such blunders, there were multiple factors that led to the situation. I left Sunriver, OR with about 150 rated miles remaining. I was headed out to dinner with my family who were vacationing in the area and then headed home afterwards so we were driving separately. I had thought the restaurant was in Sunriver, but it was in fact in Bend, in fact it was quite a ways north of the Bend supercharger. Had I known that I would have left earlier and stopped for a top-off. But at dinner, I figured I could make it to The Dalles supercharger fairly easily so I decided not to back track to the Bend supercharger.

When I routed to The Dalles, the Nav said I would make it with 7% remaining, but that number quickly dropped to 4 and then 3%. Still nothing alarming compared to some of the drives I have done. The sun had just gone down and the temps were perfect for driving with no heat or a/c and of course I had the suspension low and all the other typical hypermiling techniques. There was some wind, which appeared to be more of a crosswind, but it must have had some effect because I was not driving very fast and the percentage kept ticking down to 2, then 1, then 0. Still I have been in this situation many times and wasn't too concerned. I just started driving much more slowly with about 25 miles left in the trip. I had been going 5 over and then right at the speed limit, but now I was going 45 and then 35 in 55 and 65 zones (basically no traffic on this lonely country highway so that was not a big deal).

Now, this leg had a big elevation drop which was one of the reasons I was confident I'd make it, but it is of course disconcerting when you have 25 miles left and only 17 rated miles remaining. Still I knew I had at least a 1k ft elevation drop so I thought I'd be fine. And in fact, by the math, I should have been fine. Right before the car started to shut down it even said I would make it with 1% remaining. At this point I had 5 rated miles remaining and about 7 miles left to go, but I was about to come over the crest of a hill and have an immediate 800 ft elevation drop so I (and the Nav) felt like I would make it without much issue. Unfortunately right before the crest of the hill, I got the warning that the battery was low and I should pull over soon. I kept going over the top off the hill and coasted down it, but at this point I guess the battery was so low that the regen didn't work and this really cost me.

Still, I get to the bottom of the hill and I have 4 miles left to go and 5 rated miles left on my screen, so I attempt to keep going. Again, there's no traffic and I obviously avoid getting on the freeway and stick to the right lane of a country road that is going into the town of The Dalles. The car is still giving me all the warnings to pull over but with 5 rated miles showing, I figure it's worth a shot. I make it about a mile down that country road and 2 rated miles tick off when the accelerator completely loses power, so at that point I coast to a stop on a (forunately) wide shoulder. At this point I was 3 miles from the supercharger and the battery shows 3 rated miles remaining so needless to say I was not pleased!

I was able to get a tow truck in less than an hour and we towed to the fortunately vacant supercharger in the hotel parking lot and I mostly charged without issue from that point on. Still it was not a fun experience.

I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy!

Also on this trip, my car was getting very slow charge rates at superchargers. It was different but similar to what I remember with my nerfed S90D. So this was very frustrating and part of me is wondering if this is somehow related to running out of battery early. This was only a brief 4-supercharger trip so I will have to withhold judgment until I make a longer trip, but the behavior was the same at all 4 superchargers so it isn't looking good.

I'll share a tip/trick that helped me gain about 10-miles of range in the Colorado mountains, just in case you're ever in this position again. Drive close behind a semi and you may get the extra range to get you to the next Supercharger. Wait for a semi if you have to.

I drove across the U.S. After visiting a service center, I instantly lost 30-miles of range. By the time I got back to my state, I'd lost 50-miles of range. The range just disappeared. Driving through Colorado was stressful based on the surprise of reduced range and the new 80% charging limit. This experience was enough for me and my family to reevaluate both our hope to buy a Tesla semi-truck and our hope to buy a Tesla pickup truck. We canceled a Model 3 order. During the trip, I paid for a new charging port, a new 12-volt battery, 3 window regulators, 5 door regulators for 3 doors while on the trip and new steering rack. I'm up to $6,500 in unexpected repairs during and immediately following the trip. My tires are wearing unevenly and the service center cannot tell me why I keep having to replace $380 tires ($1,900 out the door) rated to 55,000 miles when they are at 15,000 to 30,000 miles.

I've gone from being a 5-star early adopter Tesla evangelist and cheerleader to a 1-star happiness level.

I'll share a tip/trick that helped me gain about 10-miles of range in the Colorado mountains, just in case you're ever in this position again. Drive close behind a semi and you may get the extra range to get you to the next Supercharger. Wait for a semi if you have to.

I drove across the U.S. After visiting a service center, I instantly lost 30-miles of range. By the time I got back to my state, I'd lost 50-miles of range. The range just disappeared. Driving through Colorado was stressful based on the surprise of reduced range and the new 80% charging limit. This experience was enough for me and my family to reevaluate both our hope to buy a Tesla semi-truck and our hope to buy a Tesla pickup truck. We canceled a Model 3 order. During the trip, I paid for a new charging port, a new 12-volt battery, 3 window regulators, 5 door regulators for 3 doors while on the trip and new steering rack. I'm up to $6,500 in unexpected repairs during and immediately following the trip. My tires are wearing unevenly and the service center cannot tell me why I keep having to replace $380 tires ($1,900 out the door) rated to 55,000 miles when they are at 15,000 to 30,000 miles.

I've gone from being a 5-star early adopter Tesla evangelist and cheerleader to a 1-star happiness level.
I know about drafting. There were no semis on this route at the hour I was driving. It's also not a very straight route, so drafting wouldn't help as much.

As for the rest of your post, you should consult the lemon law in the appropriate jurisdiction.