Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I sadly joined the ranks of Tesla owners who have run out of charge and need to be flat-bedded to the supercharger. I guess it took over 170k miles for this to happen so I had a good run!

As with most such blunders, there were multiple factors that led to the situation. I left Sunriver, OR with about 150 rated miles remaining. I was headed out to dinner with my family who were vacationing in the area and then headed home afterwards so we were driving separately. I had thought the restaurant was in Sunriver, but it was in fact in Bend, in fact it was quite a ways north of the Bend supercharger. Had I known that I would have left earlier and stopped for a top-off. But at dinner, I figured I could make it to The Dalles supercharger fairly easily so I decided not to back track to the Bend supercharger.

When I routed to The Dalles, the Nav said I would make it with 7% remaining, but that number quickly dropped to 4 and then 3%. Still nothing alarming compared to some of the drives I have done. The sun had just gone down and the temps were perfect for driving with no heat or a/c and of course I had the suspension low and all the other typical hypermiling techniques. There was some wind, which appeared to be more of a crosswind, but it must have had some effect because I was not driving very fast and the percentage kept ticking down to 2, then 1, then 0. Still I have been in this situation many times and wasn't too concerned. I just started driving much more slowly with about 25 miles left in the trip. I had been going 5 over and then right at the speed limit, but now I was going 45 and then 35 in 55 and 65 zones (basically no traffic on this lonely country highway so that was not a big deal).

Now, this leg had a big elevation drop which was one of the reasons I was confident I'd make it, but it is of course disconcerting when you have 25 miles left and only 17 rated miles remaining. Still I knew I had at least a 1k ft elevation drop so I thought I'd be fine. And in fact, by the math, I should have been fine. Right before the car started to shut down it even said I would make it with 1% remaining. At this point I had 5 rated miles remaining and about 7 miles left to go, but I was about to come over the crest of a hill and have an immediate 800 ft elevation drop so I (and the Nav) felt like I would make it without much issue. Unfortunately right before the crest of the hill, I got the warning that the battery was low and I should pull over soon. I kept going over the top off the hill and coasted down it, but at this point I guess the battery was so low that the regen didn't work and this really cost me.

Still, I get to the bottom of the hill and I have 4 miles left to go and 5 rated miles left on my screen, so I attempt to keep going. Again, there's no traffic and I obviously avoid getting on the freeway and stick to the right lane of a country road that is going into the town of The Dalles. The car is still giving me all the warnings to pull over but with 5 rated miles showing, I figure it's worth a shot. I make it about a mile down that country road and 2 rated miles tick off when the accelerator completely loses power, so at that point I coast to a stop on a (forunately) wide shoulder. At this point I was 3 miles from the supercharger and the battery shows 3 rated miles remaining so needless to say I was not pleased!

I was able to get a tow truck in less than an hour and we towed to the fortunately vacant supercharger in the hotel parking lot and I mostly charged without issue from that point on. Still it was not a fun experience.

I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy!

Also on this trip, my car was getting very slow charge rates at superchargers. It was different but similar to what I remember with my nerfed S90D. So this was very frustrating and part of me is wondering if this is somehow related to running out of battery early. This was only a brief 4-supercharger trip so I will have to withhold judgment until I make a longer trip, but the behavior was the same at all 4 superchargers so it isn't looking good.
It looks like this is a lesson for all of us.keep it fully charged

Does that actually work on any Tesla any more? I heard the early Teslas kept track of supercharging sessions in the Nav history, but I've been driving Teslas for 3 years and have never seen it in any of the Teslas I've driven (including many loaners).

Nowadays (and I think this has been true for as long as I've owned a Tesla) your charging history is accessible from the list of chargers you get by touching the "lightning bolt" option on the Nav screen. There is no way to edit or erase entries from this list except for a reset to factory defaults...I've complained about it for years to no avail. So on a loaner Tesla, if you charge at home, the next user will know where you live, and you can't do anything about it. (People reading this, please don't try to dissuade me from my paranoia.)

Bruce.

• Informative
Reactions: erik_k
I heard the early Teslas kept track of supercharging sessions in the Nav history, but I've been driving Teslas for 3 years and have never seen it in any of the Teslas I've driven (including many loaners).
All the places I navigate to show up on my nav history - including superchargers.
I have made it to 33 superchargers and feel that I am out of my depth here.
Everyone starts in the same place.
8/19/2019. San Ramon Diablo CA
Oh - is this the supercharger visited thread?? :)
updated

Well I sadly joined the ranks of Tesla owners who have run out of charge and need to be flat-bedded to the supercharger. I guess it took over 170k miles for this to happen so I had a good run!

As with most such blunders, there were multiple factors that led to the situation. I left Sunriver, OR with about 150 rated miles remaining. I was headed out to dinner with my family who were vacationing in the area and then headed home afterwards so we were driving separately. I had thought the restaurant was in Sunriver, but it was in fact in Bend, in fact it was quite a ways north of the Bend supercharger. Had I known that I would have left earlier and stopped for a top-off. But at dinner, I figured I could make it to The Dalles supercharger fairly easily so I decided not to back track to the Bend supercharger.

When I routed to The Dalles, the Nav said I would make it with 7% remaining, but that number quickly dropped to 4 and then 3%. Still nothing alarming compared to some of the drives I have done. The sun had just gone down and the temps were perfect for driving with no heat or a/c and of course I had the suspension low and all the other typical hypermiling techniques. There was some wind, which appeared to be more of a crosswind, but it must have had some effect because I was not driving very fast and the percentage kept ticking down to 2, then 1, then 0. Still I have been in this situation many times and wasn't too concerned. I just started driving much more slowly with about 25 miles left in the trip. I had been going 5 over and then right at the speed limit, but now I was going 45 and then 35 in 55 and 65 zones (basically no traffic on this lonely country highway so that was not a big deal).

Now, this leg had a big elevation drop which was one of the reasons I was confident I'd make it, but it is of course disconcerting when you have 25 miles left and only 17 rated miles remaining. Still I knew I had at least a 1k ft elevation drop so I thought I'd be fine. And in fact, by the math, I should have been fine. Right before the car started to shut down it even said I would make it with 1% remaining. At this point I had 5 rated miles remaining and about 7 miles left to go, but I was about to come over the crest of a hill and have an immediate 800 ft elevation drop so I (and the Nav) felt like I would make it without much issue. Unfortunately right before the crest of the hill, I got the warning that the battery was low and I should pull over soon. I kept going over the top off the hill and coasted down it, but at this point I guess the battery was so low that the regen didn't work and this really cost me.

Still, I get to the bottom of the hill and I have 4 miles left to go and 5 rated miles left on my screen, so I attempt to keep going. Again, there's no traffic and I obviously avoid getting on the freeway and stick to the right lane of a country road that is going into the town of The Dalles. The car is still giving me all the warnings to pull over but with 5 rated miles showing, I figure it's worth a shot. I make it about a mile down that country road and 2 rated miles tick off when the accelerator completely loses power, so at that point I coast to a stop on a (forunately) wide shoulder. At this point I was 3 miles from the supercharger and the battery shows 3 rated miles remaining so needless to say I was not pleased!

I was able to get a tow truck in less than an hour and we towed to the fortunately vacant supercharger in the hotel parking lot and I mostly charged without issue from that point on. Still it was not a fun experience.

I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy!

Also on this trip, my car was getting very slow charge rates at superchargers. It was different but similar to what I remember with my nerfed S90D. So this was very frustrating and part of me is wondering if this is somehow related to running out of battery early. This was only a brief 4-supercharger trip so I will have to withhold judgment until I make a longer trip, but the behavior was the same at all 4 superchargers so it isn't looking good.

====================
As PlusEV said: "I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close...". Oh yes indeed. My story is not as hair-raising as his, and in fact with a happy ending- yet the moral of the story is identical! (my car is Model 3, mid range).

On a windy day we drove back from AZ to CA. We stopped at the Needles AZ supercharger (not a good one), on the Colorado river- the border between the two states. The idea was to get to Barstow CA with a safety margin of ~25 electrical miles. Driving westward on I-40 my wife stepped on it, driving at 85 m/h.
At a certain point we've noticed a strange message popping up on the screen, saying something like: "if you want to get to the supercharger- reduce driving speed to 75". And later on, it said reduce to 65 and then to 55. I thought that something is wrong with our model-3. Suddenly it dawned on me that the miles-remaining count is depleting. I realized that the extremely strong desert headwind had been a big factor in the excessive power consumption, and was unaccounted for.
So at this point, we decided to chance it, and take a local empty desert road which connects I-40 to I-15 (coming from Vegas), crossing rail tracks towards a hole in the wall called Yermo (never hear of it)- see map here.

What a pleasant surprise:
1. We made it with enough safety margin of charge/miles
2. The supercharger setup at Yermo is big, clean, convenient and fast
3. The location is near the ramp onto I-15
4. And, the Eddie-World food court, store and the toilets, as well as the air-conditioned environment were very soothing to our tense nerves.

The pictures below are:
Top- The 25 miles left
Bottom- How to recognize Yermo from I-15 freeway

2019_5_Yermo CA (13) 25 miles left.JPG
2019_5_Yermo CA (2).JPG

8/14
Buellton CA SC
Oxnard CA SC

8/15
Thousand Oaks West Hillcrest CA SC
Thousand Oaks East CA SC
Santa Monica Place CA SC
Culver City CA SC
Manhattan Beach CA SC
Redondo Beach CA SC
Santa Ana CA SC
Westminster CA SC
Fountain Valley CA SC
San Juan Capistrano CA SC (no cigars, lawn chairs or valet-and no waiting)
San Clemente CA SC
Carlsbad CA SC
San Diego Pacific Heights CA SC
San Diego Friars Rd CA SC
San Diego A St CA SC
Florida

I stopped to go to the bathroom at a McDonald's in Madras so the 84.8 miles is from that point. I made like a quarter mile detour to make that stop and believe me I was regretting it later, because I think that may have been the difference. I kept thinking back to so many things that went wrong while I was waiting for the tow truck lol. Slow charge rate at the Bend supercharger when I arrived a few days prior had me unplugging with a lower SOC than I had planned. Then the outdoor 110V outlet at the house we were staying at didn't work. Then I made a wrong turn that cost me like 10 miles on a drive to the Lava Lands. And of course I mentioned not being aware that we were going to a restaurant north of Bend in my previous post. And lastly, I had to slam on the brakes for a massive elk on the shoulder just north of Madras. Even something that small was likely the difference between making it to the crest of that hill and getting regen before the car started to shut down.

Also, the S100D is heavier than your car so maybe that explains the high wh/mi? 272 is insanely good for me, at least when I am not trying to hypermile.

This is a notice to all.
To slow down the short sellers. If you put a sell order, say $900.00 or so on your Tesla stock. The shorts can not use your shares.
Every one that has Tesla’s shares should do this
Pass this on

I’d like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Superchargers Visited thread, where we post about our charging sessions in the context of this competition and the adventures they lead us on.

Discussions of the adventures should be brief, as the primary focus is keeping track of where we have charged.

Back on topic? :)

Reactions: DavidB

Sorry, I am obviously new at replying in this forum. Still not sure I’m doing it right. What I can’t figure out is why you didn’t charge a little in Madras. The Dairy Queen would have been a great place to hook up to a Level 2 charger while taking your break and it’s right on the main drag.

Sorry, I am obviously new at replying in this forum. Still not sure I’m doing it right. What I can’t figure out is why you didn’t charge a little in Madras. The Dairy Queen would have been a great place to hook up to a Level 2 charger while taking your break and it’s right on the main drag.
Again, thanks for playing Monday Morning Quarterback!!

Obviously, in hindsight I could have done any number of things differently that would have helped me not run out of juice. Stopping at an L2 charger in Madras would have been very low on my list of options. Simply driving more slowly early in the trip would have been easier and more efficient.

But the rather obvious answer to your question, is that I didn’t stop to charge in Madras or anywhere else because I thought I was going to make it to the Dalles supercharger without issue.

@PLUS EV, sorry to hear about your ride in a tow truck. I had one recently but that was due to a blown tire in Idaho.

One observation/question I have concerns Tesla’s new program to heat the battery as you approach a supercharger. Did you have The Dalles supercharger programmed in your nav? Here’s what happened to me. On my drive from Jackson to Evanston I programmed in the Evanston SC and my nav predicted 16% SoC at my arrival. Great. No worries. As I entered Evanston we decided to pull over at Jody’s Diner for a late breakfast — a mere 3 miles from the SC. My SoC was right at 16% and I was impressed the nav was dead-on after a drive of 191 miles. An hour later we came out of the restaurant and I was shocked to see my SoC at 6%. A loss of 10% sitting in the parking lot! Nothing running: no a/c, no heat, nothing!

Stopping by the next Tesla Service Center the advisor said “Of course! The car was trying to keep the battery hot so it’d be ready for the SC.” If you had The Dalles programmed in you may have lost some range due to this new protocol.

I’m going to be honest, anytime I know I’m low and I’m about to head to a supercharger to refuel, I don’t take any chances. As soon as dinner was up, I would literally turn on the car and cut off the AC or heat until I made it halfway there and saw a significant increase in the estimated percentage. Like 3-4%. Then as a treat I’d blast it a little just to feel good and turn it back off. Don’t be embarrassed about it. It’s better to be prepared at the beginning of the trip and deal with a little discomfort than to run out and have to wait 40 minutes for a tow. It’s not a terrible thing that you ran out. And it could’ve been worse. Imagine running out when there’s daylight and having to wait for the tow.

This isn’t going to be a problem in about 2 years when the battery tech improves. We’re all guinea pigs right now and these stories are a part of history haha.

I stopped to go to the bathroom at a McDonald's in Madras so the 84.8 miles is from that point. I made like a quarter mile detour to make that stop and believe me I was regretting it later, because I think that may have been the difference. I kept thinking back to so many things that went wrong while I was waiting for the tow truck lol. Slow charge rate at the Bend supercharger when I arrived a few days prior had me unplugging with a lower SOC than I had planned. Then the outdoor 110V outlet at the house we were staying at didn't work. Then I made a wrong turn that cost me like 10 miles on a drive to the Lava Lands. And of course I mentioned not being aware that we were going to a restaurant north of Bend in my previous post. And lastly, I had to slam on the brakes for a massive elk on the shoulder just north of Madras. Even something that small was likely the difference between making it to the crest of that hill and getting regen before the car started to shut down.

Also, the S100D is heavier than your car so maybe that explains the high wh/mi? 272 is insanely good for me, at least when I am not trying to hypermile.
Have you heard of PlugShare? In an emergency you could look for someone nearby and get a small charge that could help get to the next supercharger. I just found out about it on here and wish we had known about it sooner, I was pretty stressed being in Provincetown w/ no supercharger nearby. I can't imagine how stressful that was for you. Once when I had my Prius I had forgotten to look at the gas and had to roll down hill 5 miles w/ no gas and got lucky enough to coast into a town gas station w/ the battery totally drained.

Oh - is this the supercharger visited thread??

Why is it that we can't get one of our good stories to go viral on these forums? Mine from Topeka (that's what I'm calling it) and now the one that @PLUS EV posted seem to have brought in another all new crowd.

I guess we need @Bighorn to write up a really great and lengthy review of the new Albert Lea location and then we can all up vote the heck out of it so we can get back to our "regularly scheduled programming".