Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I've added you to the spreadsheet - you debut at #82. Welcome to the game!

If I can be presumptuous and offer you some advice to improve your performance in the future:

There's no need to just stop at Superchargers which you need for your journey. Even though you pay for Supercharging, it won't cost any more to stop at ten Superchargers for five minutes each, rather than two for 25 minutes each (although it might slow down your trip a bit - sacrifices have to be made for the game!) People have even been known to plan whole trips just to visit new Superchargers! :D
Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about doing a 1-day blitz and see how many superchargers I can visit. NJ,NY,CT area would be easy pickings! I don't know if anyone has a 24 hour record for that.

Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about doing a 1-day blitz and see how many superchargers I can visit. NJ,NY,CT area would be easy pickings! I don't know if anyone has a 24 hour record for that.
There's some serious competition for the 24 hour record - I believe @IT Geek has 35 in a day, @Darren S has 25 or 26.

That is something I have experienced both on my previous Leaf 2013, on the 2017 Ioniq and on my Model 3. So being unable to regen on a battery that is very close to completely empty seems like the standard way of doing it - don't know why though..

On my car when I pull up to a SC on low states of charge, maybe <15% or so, the initial surge of the SC is quite suppressed.. I don't see peak SC charge rate until SOC is about 20%. There must be a reason for not fire-hosing nearly empty batteries (health, heat, explosions).

Keep in mind that regen can produce 60kW (on my RWD car) which is like a "half supercharger" while in motion. Far greater than any L2 charger the car can drink (max 19kW L2).

So if the SC is limiting on low SOC, so should the car. The car just does it more drastically ... probably because variable limiting the regen would be unsafe. You're not used to the car suddenly becoming more slippery over time on the same drive, but that's what it would have to do. Safer just to shut it off completely at some low point of SOC.

My guess is that low point is 10%. And it probably has to do with pack temps so maybe +/- from that.

Last edited:
Wow! Is that record for 35 new, never visited superchargers in 24 hours? That would take some serious planning and timing it right! You probably only have 1 shot on the East coast (or 2 if you try it in California).
This is what he visited on 8/4/2019 (not necessarily in that order):

Darien, CT (north)
Darien, CT (south)
Greenwich, CT (north)
Greenwich, CT (south)
Hartford, CT
Manchester, CT
Milford, CT
Milford, CT (north)
Milford, CT (south)
Waterbury, CT
West Hartford, CT
Auburn, MA
Boston - Allstate Road, MA
Boston - Boylston Street, MA
Boston - Richard B. Ross Way, MA
Braintree, MA
Cambridge, MA
Dedham, MA
Framingham, MA
Hadley, MA
Hudson, MA
Leominster, MA
Lynnfield, MA
Mansfield, MA
Mashpee, MA
Sagamore Beach, MA
West Springfield, MA
Paramus, NJ
Bronx - Bay Plaza, NY
New Rochelle, NY
Ossining, NY
Tarrytown, NY
West Nyack, NY
Yonkers, NY
East Greenwich, RI

Wow! Is that record for 35 new, never visited superchargers in 24 hours? That would take some serious planning and timing it right! You probably only have 1 shot on the East coast (or 2 if you try it in California).
Now that your data is in the spreadsheet, you can make a copy of your column along with the Supercharger names and plan your trip.

You have 109 open Superchargers which you haven't visited in these 7 states :

PA 12
CT 14
NJ 17
NY 37
MD 11
MA 17
RI 1

During the 38 months and 44,817 miles we owned our S90D, we supercharged 143 times, 37% of total charging. Our travel and supercharging was far above average for Tesla owners but small time by the standards of this thread. And during all that time we only left California twice, both of those just over the Nevada border. So a modest 31 different superchargers (x at each if more than once)

4/7/16 Buellton (2)
4/7/16 Burbank Service Center (19)
4/10/16 Inyokern (11)
4/10/16 Lone Pine (20)
4/10/16 Mammoth (36)
4/27/16 Mojave (9)
6/2/16 Fresno
6/2/16 Tejon Ranch
6/13/16 Rancho Cucamonga (3)
7/12/16 Sorrento Valley Qualcomm (2)
10/13/16 Harris Ranch (4)
10/13/16 Dublin
10/13/16 Napa
10/15/16 San Mateo
3/24/17 Cabazon
3/25/17 Temecula
3/27/17 Reno
3/29/17 Truckee Brockway
3/30/17 Rocklin
3/30/17 Santa Nella
6/25/17 Atascadero
7/30/17 Groveland (2)
12/1/17 San Clemente
1/8/18 Burbank Mall (9)
8/30/18 Fountain Valley
11/7/18 Twentynine Palms
4/17/19 Mission Valley Friars Rd
5/29/19 Beatty
5/29/19 Las Vegas - Alta Dr
5/31/19 Las Vegas Blvd South
5/31/19 Barstow

Last edited:
Reactions: Bredo and DavidB
Now that your data is in the spreadsheet, you can make a copy of your column along with the Supercharger names and plan your trip.

You have 109 open Superchargers which you haven't visited in these 7 states :

PA 12
CT 14
NJ 17
NY 37
MD 11
MA 17
RI 1
Excellent! Thanks for the info! Are there any bonus points for visiting the coolest charger (not supercharger) at The Inside Scope in Coopersburg, PA? Although I assume that everyone in the top 50 has been there too.

Attachments

• lT6EtjRVT267wd6r6YMAlw.jpg
    lT6EtjRVT267wd6r6YMAlw.jpg
    572.2 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
During the 38 months and 44,817 miles we owned our S90D, we supercharged 143 times, 37% of total charging. Our travel and supercharging was far above average for Tesla owners but small time by the standards of this thread. And during all that time we only left California twice, both of those just over the Nevada border. So a modest 31 different superchargers (x at each if more than once)

4/7/16 Buellton (2)
4/7/16 Burbank Service Center (19)
4/10/16 Inyokern (11)
4/10/16 Lone Pine (20)
4/10/16 Mammoth (36)
4/27/16 Mojave (9)
6/2/16 Fresno
6/2/16 Tejon Ranch
6/13/16 Rancho Cucamonga (3)
7/12/16 Sorrento Valley Qualcomm (2)
10/13/16 Harris Ranch (4)
10/13/16 Dublin
10/13/16 Napa
10/15/16 San Mateo
3/24/17 Cabazon
3/25/17 Temecula
3/27/17 Reno
3/29/17 Truckee Brockway
3/30/17 Rocklin
3/30/17 Santa Nella
6/25/17 Atascadero
7/30/17 Groveland (2)
12/1/17 San Clemente
1/8/18 Burbank Mall (9)
8/30/18 Fountain Valley
11/7/18 Twentynine Palms
4/17/19 Mission Valley Friars Rd
5/29/19 Beatty
5/29/19 Las Vegas - Alta Dr
5/31/19 Las Vegas Blvd South
5/31/19 Barstow
I've added you to the spreadsheet.

This is what he visited on 8/4/2019 (not necessarily in that order):

Darien, CT (north)
Darien, CT (south)
Greenwich, CT (north)
Greenwich, CT (south)
Hartford, CT
Manchester, CT
Milford, CT
Milford, CT (north)
Milford, CT (south)
Waterbury, CT
West Hartford, CT
Auburn, MA
Boston - Allstate Road, MA
Boston - Boylston Street, MA
Boston - Richard B. Ross Way, MA
Braintree, MA
Cambridge, MA
Dedham, MA
Framingham, MA
Hadley, MA
Hudson, MA
Leominster, MA
Lynnfield, MA
Mansfield, MA
Mashpee, MA
Sagamore Beach, MA
West Springfield, MA
Paramus, NJ
Bronx - Bay Plaza, NY
New Rochelle, NY
Ossining, NY
Tarrytown, NY
West Nyack, NY
Yonkers, NY
East Greenwich, RI
And we have two new sites in Stamford CT open in this region (four more up the I-95 in Fairfield, CT and Madison CT) increasing the odds that some dedicated soul could surpass this record in the future.

Paramus, NJ
Bronx - Bay Plaza, NY
West Nyack, NY

Depending on whether we want to count a "day" as a 24 hour period or from midnight to midnight will make a difference in whether the record is 32 or 35. Personally I was thinking it was midnight to midnight, which is why I only reported 32 in one day when I posted these (see page #284 in this thread), and did not count the three listed above until the next day. But if a "day" is any 24 hour period then it might be more. I'll have to check the timestamps on the pictures I took. :)

Wrt the loss of regen, the hill was super steep and I had to brake a lot to slow down so that was super frustrating.
Interesting. I have gone done really steep hills in my 3 (8%) and, surprisingly, not had to brake at all. That was at about maybe 10 mph on a one-lane back road. just pure regen controlled the speed and kept it at about 10 mph. so I am really puzzled? Maybe the difference in car weight is a factor too?I can't fathom why regen would stopworking at low charge.

Depending on whether we want to count a "day" as a 24 hour period or from midnight to midnight will make a difference in whether the record is 32 or 35. Personally I was thinking it was midnight to midnight, which is why I only reported 32 in one day when I posted these (see page #284 in this thread), and did not count the three listed above until the next day. But if a "day" is any 24 hour period then it might be more. I'll have to check the timestamps on the pictures I took. :)

I’m going with most in a 24 hour period.

Interesting. I have gone done really steep hills in my 3 (8%) and, surprisingly, not had to brake at all. That was at about maybe 10 mph on a one-lane back road. just pure regen controlled the speed and kept it at about 10 mph. so I am really puzzled? Maybe the difference in car weight is a factor too?I can't fathom why regen would stopworking at low charge.
@MaryAnning3 8% grade or 8% SOC? Those are quite different things, going down a hill is easy, going downhill with a very low SOC is different. Or so I take that is what you mean.

I’m pretty sure @PLUS EV has encountered such a grade on his many cross country trips and 700+ unique SuperChargers. But he isn’t driving a 3 (well, just yet ;)).

Reactions: Shesmyne2"