Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
The hubs has fantasies of this trip including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore but the math isn't working in my mind. 6,462 miles but I think that's if we hit only the minimum chargers required to get to our destinations. No way I'm going that far and not catching every one within a reasonable distance of the ideal route.

Reactions: theflyer
Still trying to figure out a long-ish trip. Want to maximize chargers within the following constraints:

Leaving PA 9/21 (or overnight 9/20) and returning by 10pm on 10/7
No more than 12 hours of travel per "driving day" (driving and charge time)
1 non-driving day every 3 days
The hubs has fantasies of this trip including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore but the math isn't working in my mind. 6,462 miles but I think that's if we hit only the minimum chargers required to get to our destinations. No way I'm going that far and not catching every one within a reasonable distance of the ideal route.
Over two weeks, Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore are definitely doable. You can spend a week there and still not see everything so I don't know that I'd try and tack the Grand Canyon and Yosemite on to it.
We did a 10 day trip with our niece and nephew up through New England to the Maine beaches and Acadia, just as beautiful a park as Yellowstone, then up through New Hampshire and Vermont, the Kancamagus Highway is incredibly scenic, and across Lake Champlain on the ferry and down New York back home. In late September and early October you'll probably start to get some leaves changing and if you throw the Mount Washington auto road in then you'll certainly see snow.
Plenty of quaint inns to stop at along the way, hint hint, and you've got shopping and Ben and Jerry's to boot along that route. I can send you that itinerary that I saved somewhere if needed.

The hubs has fantasies of this trip including the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Yellowstone and Mt. Rushmore but the math isn't working in my mind. 6,462 miles
Ambitious!! Our first trip to CA was before I knew about the game, and I must admit it was pleasant planning chargers based on destinations, not the other way around. When traveling with my wife (rather than alone), we still take a (mostly :) ) straight path.

You have plenty of time to plan. Consider front-loading the longer driving days, and having some "escape routes" if you decide it is becoming too much. It is a couple of years before PhillyBaby is going to remember anything.

Then head over to Michigan lower peninsula, and spend some time somewhere there (Traverse City, or something quieter along the shore of Lake Michigan).

Ludington actually has one of the nicest beaches in the state and the SC in town makes that destination super convenient. Nice quaint hotels and such too which aren't insanely expensive. Traverse City is also very nice. Driving through Chicago though...not so much...but there are a ton of chargers there. The ferry across the lake is quite expensive, if you ask me as you have to pay for the car and then each person. But it might be a nice "once in a lifetime" type things.

Michigan is a great road trip state though... Very few places in the state where you'll run into actual traffic...and no where will the traffic be anything like it is on the east coast. Though this is orange barrel season...so be aware of that.

Reactions: Big Earl
Michigan is a great road trip state though... Very few places in the state where you'll run into actual traffic...and no where will the traffic be anything like it is on the east coast. Though this is orange barrel season...so be aware of that.
I'll second that. I drove through it for the first time last fall, from Sault Ste. Marie, South to Ohio. The roads were great and largely empty. Beautiful rolling hills.

Still trying to figure out a long-ish trip. Want to maximize chargers within the following constraints:

Leaving PA 9/21 (or overnight 9/20) and returning by 10pm on 10/7
No more than 12 hours of travel per "driving day" (driving and charge time)
1 non-driving day every 3 days
We're going to max you out at about 7200 miles given those constraints!

Just staying in the Northeast and Midwest (and maybe south to Florida) would probably be best in terms of getting the most chargers. If you go to the west coast, it would just be an out and back given the mileage constraint and that wouldn't give you much leeway to zig zag to catch more chargers.

I'll second that. I drove through it for the first time last fall, from Sault Ste. Marie, South to Ohio. The roads were great and largely empty. Beautiful rolling hills.
It's basically the only state east of the Mississippi that I enjoy driving in. I can't help but think that the auto-industry has something to do with the great highways and high speed limits. And then the relatively flat population growth over the past 50 years has left the place relatively empty. Even driving in the Detroit area is not bad at all.

Reactions: IT Geek
The Grand Canyon is overrated. The national parks in southern Utah are more interesting and less crowded (exception here might be Zion). But of course if you go to southern Utah, you are close to the Grand Canyon so don't let me stop you from visiting both! Also, if you do the southern Utah thing, you could visit the Grand Canyon's North Rim which is much less touristed.

Yosemite is nice, but too many Californians.

Yellowstone is an A+, but bear in mind that it is an extremely cold place. Even in late September you will need to dress warm.

I'm trying to let this one slide, but finding it difficult! I guess beauty is subjective.
You don't go to Vegas for the ribs and you don't go to the Big Easy for ice cream.
I can easily spend a week at each park and still want to see more. You have to appreciate each for what they offer, not for how they compare.

You don't go to Vegas for the ribs and you don't go to the Big Easy for ice cream.
I can easily spend a week at each park and still want to see more. You have to appreciate each for what they offer, not for how they compare.
How about Indiana Dunes National Park? Nearly as beautiful as Yellowstone! One more reason not to take the Lake Michigan ferry :)

• Funny
Reactions: NKYTA
My wife and I are on road trip from Colorado to Glacier National Park and then to Seattle, Roseville CA, and back home again. I have added the following to the spreadsheet, Pocatello ID, Idaho Falls ID, Lima MT, Butte MT, Missoula MT, Fort MacLeod Alberta, Calgary Rocky View, Canmore, Golden, Revelstoke, Kelowna, Merritt BC, Hope BC, Burlington WA, Arlington WA, Lynnwood WA. And another week to go. Currently in Seattle. We spent 4 days in Glacier National Park. 2 days at Lake McDonald. We used Supercharger in Missoula MT, then used a charger at the Red Lion Inn in Kalispell MT (220V 70A). We had lunch there. At Lake McDonald there is a 220V 40A destination charger. We charged to 95% before we headed over to Many Glacier Lodge. There is no cell phone, internet, or places to plug in at Many Glacier. We spent 2 days at Many Glacier Lodge; hiked to Grinnel Glacier. On way back, Linda tripped and fell and broke her wrist. We ended up going to Cardston AB to get her wrist x-rayed and a cast. A 5 hour layover. She is doing fine. And then on to Fort MacLeod. I will do a better write up in the Trip section.
I have added the following to the spreadsheet: Centralia WA, Vancouver WA, Springfield OR, Bandon OR, Crescent City CA, Eureka CA, Laytonville CA, Ukiah CA, Yuba City CA. And we have done the I-80 route from Reno to Laramie WY for the 4th time. About 15 miles from Wendover we got a flat right-rear tire. Actually tire wore on the inside edge; still had good top tread. I could not see that the inside was wearing. Tesla towed to Wendover where we had planned to spend the night. It was Sunday and nothing was open. And no passenger tires in Wendover. We had AAA tow us to Salt Lake City Tesla service center on Monday morning. 122 miles and AAA paid for the first 100 miles. The Service center replaced the 2 rear tires and did an alignment. Only a 3 hour delay. First time we have been towed. Home now. Looking forward to a November road trip to Southern California when I will be retired.

Reactions: IT Geek and DavidB
I feel that. It can get so much bigger then the original plan. You have to plan, but keep your expectations super low. It sometimes just doesn’t turn out as planned.
Especially if it’s the SC Pokémon go game.
Enjoy the ride.

• Funny
Reactions: DavidB and NKYTA
I have added the following to the spreadsheet: Centralia WA, Vancouver WA, Springfield OR, Bandon OR, Crescent City CA, Eureka CA, Laytonville CA, Ukiah CA, Yuba City CA. And we have done the I-80 route from Reno to Laramie WY for the 4th time. About 15 miles from Wendover we got a flat right-rear tire. Actually tire wore on the inside edge; still had good top tread. I could not see that the inside was wearing. Tesla towed to Wendover where we had planned to spend the night. It was Sunday and nothing was open. And no passenger tires in Wendover. We had AAA tow us to Salt Lake City Tesla service center on Monday morning. 122 miles and AAA paid for the first 100 miles. The Service center replaced the 2 rear tires and did an alignment. Only a 3 hour delay. First time we have been towed. Home now. Looking forward to a November road trip to Southern California when I will be retired.
That inner shoulder is tough to lay eyes on. Early cars had that wear pattern with excessive negative camber, exacerbated with air suspension lowering—inner cording with good lateral tread. Toe could also be a culprit.

Reactions: NKYTA
WRT Yellowstone, what makes it interesting is the plethora of geological features plus some wildlife, such as grizzly bears, bison and wolves (if one really wants to look for them). Yellowstone Canyon and Lower Yellowstone falls are pretty but most of the park is rather ordinary, by my standards. @Bighorn's Glacier NP, on the other hand, is quite spectacular! Just south of Yellowstone, Grand Teton NP is gorgeous, although I had to give it a pass because of clouds on my May trip.

Each of the national parks has its own attractions. I saw Yosemite when I was young, before the crowds, and it was sublime.

My home turf includes Arches, Canyonlands, Mesa Verde, and Black Canyon of the Gunnison National Parks, plus lots of monuments. Hiking? Try "The Needles District" of Canyonlands — gorgeous! Wonderful red rocks scenery from a car or bicycle? Try Arches (to avoid crowds get an early start or try off the beaten path trails, such as the gravel road to Tower Arch or the walking trail to Broken Arch and Tapestry Arch). Want to camp near the "Island in the Sky District" of Canyonlands with a 14-50 pedestal? Try Dead Horse Point State Park, with terrific views of the river far below. Never even heard of Black Canyon of the Gunnison NP, a small park near Montrose CO? It is easily reached via the Supercharger network and one of the campground loops has 14-50 pedestals; the 8000 foot elevation makes it cool in summer (main road is closed in winter due to snow, although open for skiing or snowshoes).

Well beyond my home turf, the other southern Utah National Parks are also quite pretty: Zion, Bryce, Capitol Reef. And don't forget Cedar Breaks National Monument — at 10,000 feet it is cool in summer and not crowded.

This is how far $611 worth of supercharging in a Model 3 can get you.

Screen Shot 2019-08-21 at 9.28.12 PM.png