TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Superchargers Visited

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by Wiki, Mar 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.
  1. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Finished the day with:
    Lewis, DE
    Salisbury, MD
    Norfolk, VA
    KIll Devil Hills, NC

All entered

• Like x 4
  2. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

3 or the top 5 and 6 of the top 10 are East. Interesting.

3. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

I've traveled the Nipton road more times than I care to admit, but I don't think I ever actually stopped in Nipton. That is some fine MGTOW territory with plenty of guys in burnt out trailers living off the grid :)

4. EVie'sDad

EVie'sDad Member

FIRST!
    Please add number 79, Newark California, thank you.

• Like x 5
  5. Bighorn

Bighorn Top Supercharger

4B757270-5C60-43DE-8A84-A89E0D07E06F.jpeg
    Got these two together in CA last week.

• Love x 5
    • Like x 4
  6. Shesmyne2"

Shesmyne2" Member

• Like x 2
  7. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

updated

• Like x 1
  8. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper

That's a great picture!
    I'm betting you've found the tot curled up in the dog bed.

• Funny x 1
  9. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

#6549 Darren S, Sep 20, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2019
    @cpa, I did not take the opportunity to stop at the Nipton Trading Post but maybe the town was so big that I didn't see it. The only photo I have from town is this rather apocolyptic-looking vehicle and I'm sure @PLUS EV has seen something like this on his many travels through here.

Using Google Street View it looks as though this is right next to the Trading Post (just before going over the RR Tracks heading toward I-15, Google Maps. I've thoroughly enjoyed taking side roads and seeing towns and such like this rather than always seeing things from the Interstates.

upload_2019-9-20_7-19-34.png

upload_2019-9-20_7-24-59.png

10. Darren S

Darren S Supporting Member

... and 7 of the Top 10 are from east of the Mississippi. If @Tdreamer can add 29 more chargers on the excursion to and fro the Blue Ridge Parkway event then it would be 8 of the Top 11.

11. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Probably not happening this trip...

12. IT Geek

IT Geek Member

Personally I think those of us in Michigan should get extra credit for being able to compete in this game. First we're starting off on a peninsula and second, anytime we leave the state we have to learn how to make left turns again. :)

• Funny x 4
  13. Half Dollar Bill

Half Dollar Bill Traveller, teacher, poet, accountant, innkeeper

I think there's truth in that argument; just look at Florida.
    It's a peninsula, there's no one at the top of the leaderboard, and they need to learn how to drive. :oops:;)

• Funny x 6
  14. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

• Like x 2
  15. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

Middle of the country is best location. East or West need a full coast-to-coast-to-coast to hit the supercharger-rich coasts. Middle can do it in two trips.

• Like x 1
  16. cpa

cpa Active Member

Darren,

Your second picture shows the restaurant (Whistle Stop). A white ICE is parked directly in front.

I wholeheartedly agree that the side roads are fun to drive, and a challenge to figure out charging, since the navigation onboard the car does not like these sorts of diversions. I have done this a bunch of times over five years. A partial list:

Eureka SC to Mt. Shasta SC via SR299 east and SR3 north from Weaverville to Callahan-Gazelle Rd to Interstate 5, north of MSC.

Mt. Shasta SC to K-Falls (before the SC was built), east on OR140 to Lakeview, then north on US395 through Burns and John Day to reach the Pendleton SC. (I had charged overnight at a campground and during the day at a 70A charger in Burns.)

Lake City CA south on County Road 1 through Cedarville CA, Eagleville CA, Gerlach NV, Fernley NV to US50 west to Carson City, then south to the Topaz Lake/Gardnerville SC. This was about a 260-mile jaunt, arriving with 7%. Fifty miles per hour for the first three hours conserved ample range to permit flooring it the last 22 miles to the SC.

US160 from Durango CO east through Alamosa to Wilsenburg CO then north on a Colorado highway to the Limon CO Supercharger.

If you are ever back out here in the wild west, I'd be happy to suggest some of the longer and less frequently traveled roads.

• Like x 1
  17. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

The top 2 are representing the West quite nicely :)

• Like x 4
  18. JSergeant

JSergeant Supporting Member

We're heading to a conference in DC, so I decided to go via North Carolina. Added Kill Devil Hills this evening. Spreadsheet updated and total is back to 652.

• Like x 2
  19. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

Made it to Asheville!

Today’s Superchargers (in order):
    • South Hill, VA
    • Henderson, NC
    • Charlotte, NC
    • Greenville, SC
    • Asheville, NC
    Met up with @Tdreamer in Henderson but went separate directions after that. Asheville has been completely full all afternoon, as expected. I’m actually going to charge in a few minutes once it quiets down. North Carolina drivers have absolutely zero lane discipline... argh!

• Like x 3
  20. tes-s

tes-s Supporting Member

updated

Thread Status:
The first post in this thread is a WikiPost, and can be edited by anyone with the appropriate permissions.