Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think that Tesla would want to create a game that encouraged owners to go to Superchargers unnecessarily, but only when the charge is really needed. With this thought in mind, I would think that if Tesla was keeping track of all Supercharger usage, then that stop should only be counted if the car gained a minimum of say 20% or 30% charge.

If some kind of minimum charge was required in order to count the visit, then it would be more of a measure of how useful the Supercharger network was and how much it is enjoyed by the traveling public in a Tesla EV. I see this game as more of a Marketing tool for Tesla.

Just a thought....

• Disagree
Reactions: evp
@Darren S You don’t perchance have siblings:) ? Sometimes I’ll plug in just long enough to see amps flow, but I usually need some kWs or have some screen checking to tend to. If you’re doing both sides of a N/S pair, out of compulsion since only one counts, there’s one obvious scenario where you’d have an abbreviated stop.
Actually, I have one of each (I'm the youngest of 3 and I always wondered if my parents were expecting something other than a boy or a girl). Those same game skills were probably how I survived having an older brother and always trying to out-smart him when he already knew what I was going to do. Good times.

I looked at my stats and only 3 or 4 of them were in the 3-5 minute range when I was charging up to the next 5% or 10% increment (arriving at 47% and charging to 50% or 62% and charging to 65%) in places such as Baltimore, MD area, a handful in the 7-10 minute range, and a bunch in the 12-15 minute range.

Since my charging is throttled, I get no more than 95 kW max and the fastest rates are to 50% or 55% SOC so charging to anything beyond 60% is only done when I need that range to reach the next destination but a good majority of the trip from PA to Seattle was done at 50% charge (~135 miles of range).

Here were the stops heading to Seattle. I see that I had a number of sections the first day where I arrives with between 2% and 7% remaining after charging to 50%. The 2nd day through Nebraska was a bit easier as they were a bit closer together. I had fun in the Rockies getting the most out of each charge and arriving with 4% and 5% and at Grand Junction I arrived with 20 miles left so I did a lap of the town to use up those 20 miles (an epic trip from Black Hawk, CO to Grand Junction up and over Independence Pass and SKIPPING 2 superchargers ... an amazing drive of 315 miles on just 270 miles of range!).

upload_2018-1-29_0-17-54.png

I had fun in the Rockies getting the most out of each charge and arriving with 4% and 5% and at Grand Junction I arrived with 20 miles left so I did a lap of the town to use up those 20 miles (an epic trip from Black Hawk, CO to Grand Junction up and over Independence Pass and SKIPPING 2 superchargers ... an amazing drive of 315 miles on just 270 miles of range!).

The drawback of skipping those chargers was that I stopped at them but didn't plug in so I can't count them and get to make a trip through there again. Oops. That's because I didn't know about these rules. That's why I was wondering about the "have to physically plug in to count it as a visit" portion of the rules. If I leave a hotel a mile away from a supercharger then why would I plug in if I still have 100% range (or 99+% range)? The car will yell at me for repeatedly charging at 100% but that's what the rule says that I HAVE to plug in the car to count it as a visit.

So that's another place in the rules that I wonder if it should be clarified. I stopped at Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs superchargers but was trying to make a single drive for as many miles as possible up and over Independence Pass which I did but that means I don't get to count those as visits. It hurts because the Rockies are 1,400 miles away from me and not really on the way to very many road trips for me.

The same thing happened heading back through Amarillo and and Oklahoma City where I charged up in Las Vegas (NM), stopped at Santa Rosa for a photo but didn't charge, charged in Tucumcari, stopped in Amarillo for lunch, skipped Shamrock, visited Weatherford, skipped OKC, etc. I visited each area, got out, took a photo, backed up TO the charger, but never plugged in but I didn't need to plug in to reach the next destination.

My charging is throttled and I arrived at some of these with 60% SOC which was already beyond where the charging starts to taper and might have only seen 25-40 kW. I don't see the point in charging at such slow rates for 3-5 minutes when I can drive to the charger, take a pic of where I am, and move on saving those 5-10 precious minutes on a long day. Skipping 5 chargers like that saves me an hour on the day.

So I haven't yet counted those stops where I didn't physically plug in since the rules say you have to plug in but should I be able to count these? It's not like I zipped by them on the Interstate and waved and counted that as a visit -- I was AT the chargers but just didn't plug in. I don't know how many others do that but just thought I'd mention it. It just means I get to repeat a good number of miles out there to catch the ones I skipped the first time because I was trying to make it as far as possible on each charge.

I do not think that Tesla would want to create a game that encouraged owners to go to Superchargers unnecessarily, but only when the charge is really needed. With this thought in mind, I would think that if Tesla was keeping track of all Supercharger usage, then that stop should only be counted if the car gained a minimum of say 20% or 30% charge.

If some kind of minimum charge was required in order to count the visit, then it would be more of a measure of how useful the Supercharger network was and how much it is enjoyed by the traveling public in a Tesla EV. I see this game as more of a Marketing tool for Tesla.

Just a thought....

Graffi, would my Monroe, WA charge from 1% to 100% count for your "20-30% minimum"? ;)

Good points though. Don't assume that everyone tracks their charging and visits with pinpoint accuracy. I have some friends who probably have no idea how long it takes to charge from, say, 25% to 90% or how many miles they can get in an hour of supercharging. Some can't remember where they've been in the surrounding states. Ack. I can't fathom that.

The car can keep track but I would think that would encourage folks to charge longer than they need sometimes which is sort of abusing the original idea or people are charging up for a few minutes just to put a notch in their belt. It seems the group has a great idea and everyone is pretty much abiding by the rules or ask someone in the group for some clarification.

Half Dollar Bill scrutinized a few of my claims when I was just joining the list and asked how I could go from Chicago to La Crosse without hitting Madison until I realized that I sorted that day alphabetically and 'M' comes after 'L' so it made sense once I put it in chronological order ... but I was pleased that he was doing a quick mental check of things to see if they made sense. That instantly put my mind at ease that all counts on the record list were legit and accurate and valid and that made me proud to become a part of it.

I haven't yet set out to hit new locations just for no reason so all of mine have been on the way during a road trip or somewhat on the way as I'm sure most people don't go from Seattle to Philly by way of Amarillo although that reminds me of the song "Uneasy Rider" by The Charlie Daniels Band. Ha!

Actually, I have one of each (I'm the youngest of 3 and I always wondered if my parents were expecting something other than a boy or a girl). Those same game skills were probably how I survived having an older brother and always trying to out-smart him when he already knew what I was going to do. Good times.

I looked at my stats and only 3 or 4 of them were in the 3-5 minute range when I was charging up to the next 5% or 10% increment (arriving at 47% and charging to 50% or 62% and charging to 65%) in places such as Baltimore, MD area, a handful in the 7-10 minute range, and a bunch in the 12-15 minute range.

Since my charging is throttled, I get no more than 95 kW max and the fastest rates are to 50% or 55% SOC so charging to anything beyond 60% is only done when I need that range to reach the next destination but a good majority of the trip from PA to Seattle was done at 50% charge (~135 miles of range).

Here were the stops heading to Seattle. I see that I had a number of sections the first day where I arrives with between 2% and 7% remaining after charging to 50%. The 2nd day through Nebraska was a bit easier as they were a bit closer together. I had fun in the Rockies getting the most out of each charge and arriving with 4% and 5% and at Grand Junction I arrived with 20 miles left so I did a lap of the town to use up those 20 miles (an epic trip from Black Hawk, CO to Grand Junction up and over Independence Pass and SKIPPING 2 superchargers ... an amazing drive of 315 miles on just 270 miles of range!).

LOL do you really always charge to a percentage that is a multiple of 5?

I'm not much of a stickler on the rules. This is a fun competition. But I do kind of think the car needs to be plugged in at the supercharger, otherwise it opens itself up to drive-bys which just seems wrong.

I couldn't care less who plugs the car in though. Like I said, I've road tripped with my mom a couple times and she might have plugged in once or twice. I don't really remember. I have driven all of the miles on my Model S though. I guess I'm a bit possessive and/or protective :)

• Informative
Reactions: Darren S
When I arrived at the Calgary SC, there were a bunch of metal fences blocking off the chargers. I figured they were out of commission, but I dragged one aside and plugged in. I didn’t see the port ring pulse green, so I mistakenly assumed they were off line and I’d have to return another season to add them to my list. I headed north to Edmonton after calling Tesla and the local service center neither of whom knew anything about the fences. After departing, I read online that the mall put up the fences to prevent ICEing over Black Friday. I had the chance to return when I headed south from Edmonton and they indeed did work. The handshake just took longer than I thought it should and I was keyed to seeing it not work. Long story short is that my metric is plugged in and charge flowing for it to count.

• Informative
I'm not much of a stickler on the rules. This is a fun competition. But I do kind of think the car needs to be plugged in at the supercharger, otherwise it opens itself up to drive-bys which just seems wrong. I couldn't care less who plugs the car in though. <snip>
<snip> Long story short is that my metric is plugged in and charge flowing for it to count.

This is great validation and why we have some rules in the first place. I have only counted a visit when I've plugged in and charged but am curious if others have either counted a visit or feel a stop at a charger (backing in, getting out, looking around, taking pics, going into a store or business that is there, etc.) without actually charging would be considered as a visit.

A drive-by from 500+ ft away is a drive-by and I'd never count that. Parking in a charging spot but not charging should still be considered a visit though, yes? Again, if there are no hotels next to a supercharger and your route happens to take you to a hotel with a destination charger each night, then you could potentially leave each morning with 100% charge and the car would undoubtedly display the warning about "repeated charges at 100%." I don't know if that has any merit but I'd not want to push my luck with harming the battery every day for a 10-day trip by doing that even though I could have stopped AT each of those chargers in the morning to say I had "visited" it.

Likewise, when half a dozen Sheetz gas station superchargers were being installed within a few hundred miles from me, I visited Breezewood, Morgantown, Hermitage, Weston, Beckley and plugged in every single time during the phase between 'construction complete' and 'power turned on.' None of them had power yet I was physically plugging in. Per the rules, those 'could' have counted several weeks or months before the site was providing power yet that is not listed in the rules that you HAVE to receive any charge -- just that you have to plug in.

See why I'm wondering about either having that clarified or counting a visit if you plug in and no power is flowing or if you visit and park in a spot but don't plug in? Per the rules, "... to see who has visited the most Superchargers ... and been the person controlling the connection of the Supercharger to a Tesla." This should count even if there is no power flowing. I haven't counted them that way but if I can then I'd need to go adjust some of the timeframes of my visits and might even be able to add some where I parked but didn't charge.

Yes, I meant plugged in and charging. I'm not too particular about who actually plugged it in, but it would be a little disingenuous to count it on your list if you didn't even drive to the supercharger. I'd also be open to a husband/wife team submitting a list as long as they were both in the car for all supercharger visits. I would not be okay with a husband/wife team where the husband goes on some solo trips and the wife goes on some solo trips and they go on some trips together. That would be unfair to count all that they visited in one list.

Darren, to give you some examples, I've had superchargers go out of service while I was en route to them on 3 occasions. Once was SLC which I had already charged at so I just diverted to Tremonton (had to drive slow but I made it). Another was West Yellowstone (was able to push on to Idaho Falls, again driving slow to get there). I drove well out of my way to get back to West Yellowstone on another trip so I could count it (I'm sick, I know :). Lastly, I have plugged in at Laramie 3x and never received power. The first two times I was not expecting it, but the 3rd time was a shock as it had just gone down that day. I still don't have Laramie on my list but I'm sure I will hit it eventually (driving well out of my way again).

Also on my first couple road trips (before I was aware of this contest), I skipped quite a few superchargers which I later regretted! I had to go out of my way on subsequent road trips to go back and hit places like Mobile, Angola, etc. I was really kicking myself, but you know what they say... Them's the breaks, kid.

• Informative
LOL do you really always charge to a percentage that is a multiple of 5?

Not always but almost always or I prefer to hit a 5% or 10% level. Partially because Teslafi tracks that but partially because it is SO much easier to do the math in my head or in calculations. Here is a partial count from Teslafi per level although some of those are 120v, 240v, or HPWC charging when it would take 1+ hrs to reach the next 5% or 10% plateau so I naturally unplugged when I was ready to go but the majority of time (90% in the example below) I prefer it to finish at a 5% or 10% level. I should go get a count of just superchargers but give me a bit as I'm interested to see if my thoughts are correct but this answers your question.
upload_2018-1-29_8-29-14.png

Back when the car was new, 50% charge was 147 miles of charge then after a while it was 140 miles and currently it is 134 miles. If I had been arbitrarily unplugging it at 52% or 48% or anything else then I'd not begin to see that my range was slowly dropping but I spotted that right away the firs time it was finished charging yet only had 144 miles of range. A sad day.

Another reason is since I'm throttled to 95 kW then 50% or 55% SOC is around the time that it starts to taper. 50% is the minimum that can be set so I use that level quite a bit until I need some additional range. It just helps to make it a more apples-to-apples comparison without the additional math step. Let's say I arrive with 19% and charge to 60% and it takes 25 minutes. A few days or weeks later I might arrive at 18% or 21% but still close enough to consider it 20% and then charge to 60% and at THAT location it might take 45 minutes. I know something is wrong when it takes more than 25 minutes like before. I look at some stats and see that it is only providing 150 Amps instead of 240 Amps. Maybe that would be a reason to contact Tesla and let them know this stall isn't working properly.

If I would just unplug it at 56% or 63% then it's quite a bit harder (for me) to take 56/60 and multiply 25 minutes or 63/60 and multiply by 25 minutes or remember to add 40% to my starting level of 17% and try to unplug it at 57% so it is always adding an even amount. Way to much work so I just let it end at typically a 10% increment but 5% sometimes when I want to leave and it will take another 5-10+ minutes to hit that so I let it end at a 5% increment.

These visits were on a return trip from Seattle and my friend was with me and drove the car half the time but was the one plugging in and unplugging the car (don't worry, I had already visited these on a solo trip a few days prior so I got to count them since I was the one driving to each charger). Can you tell that he was just randomly unplugging it before the car was finished charging at the preset level of an even 5% or 10% increment? I must have unplugged it in Ritzville.

upload_2018-1-29_8-3-59.png

Yes, I meant plugged in and charging. I'm not too particular about who actually plugged it in, but it would be a little disingenuous to count it on your list if you didn't even drive to the supercharger.

So far I have only counted them when I've plugged in and charged. That is now two of us who feel the rules should be modified to all anyone to plug in the vehicle and it should count. My addendum would be that it would count for the person who drove the most time or distance (user to decide that on their own). This covers the couple who are keeping their own separate list or a car full of folks heading to the beach and each one of them wants to drive it at some point and whoever drives 51+% of the distance or time to the charger should be the one who gets to count that as their visit no matter who plugs it in.

I'd also be open to a husband/wife team submitting a list as long as they were both in the car for all supercharger visits. I would not be okay with a husband/wife team where the husband goes on some solo trips and the wife goes on some solo trips and they go on some trips together. That would be unfair to count all that they visited in one list.

Also agreed that they should either have their own or separate lists but not let the other person's solo trips count toward the joint list they both visit no matter who the couple is (spouses, partners, parent/kid, siblings, owner/neighbor/friend, etc.).

Darren, to give you some examples, I've had superchargers go out of service while I was en route to them on 3 occasions. <snip> I still don't have Laramie on my list but I'm sure I will hit it eventually (driving well out of my way again).

That's unfortunate and I've never had that but this is exactly some of the scenarios I'm talking about. Also, maybe I shouldn't be arriving at chargers with <10% for cases like this when it isn't working and I need to make it another 30-50 miles to an L2 charger. Hmmm.

Anyway, I feel you should have been able to count Laramie since it was working before you got there, you physically plugged in, and it wasn't your fault that you didn't receive any power but that goes back to my idea that this is more of a friendly competition and it's the idea of physically visiting new locations that should be the main focus NOT simply plugging in for at least 5 seconds. Again, why would I even bother to plug in for 5 seconds? I wouldn't so I would like to submit that the rules include any time you have stopped AT a supercharger even if you didn't plug in to charge but I don't know if I'm one of the only people thinking that is more inline with the idea of the quest.

Granted, on some of my local ones, I visited them and plugged in knowing full well they weren't on the vehicle's Nav screen yet so those visits would have been questionable to include 1 or 2 months before they opened but I eventually visited them later once they were powered on so it is a bit of a moot point. The stop in Alexandria, LA though was 1 week before it went live and I plugged in but alas no power so I didn't (yet) count it. It's in the middle of the state and I doubt I'll ever have a trip heading through there when all major roads go around the state on all sides. Alexandria and Silverthorne and Glenwood Springs are my version of your "Laramie."

Also on my first couple road trips (before I was aware of this contest), I skipped quite a few superchargers which I later regretted! I had to go out of my way on subsequent road trips to go back and hit places like Mobile, Angola, etc. I was really kicking myself, but you know what they say... Them's the breaks, kid.

Yep, and I did that across northern TX and OK and have planned that route on a trip later this year. I'm hoping they have added a few more so it won't be a 4,000 mile trip just to hit 2 new superchargers in that direction so I might add in some interesting diversions.

When I arrived at the Calgary SC <snip> I didn’t see the port ring pulse green, so I mistakenly assumed they were off line and I’d have to return another season to add them to my list. <snip> I had the chance to return when I headed south from Edmonton and they indeed did work. The handshake just took longer than I thought it should and I was keyed to seeing it not work. Long story short is that my metric is plugged in and charge flowing for it to count.

Maybe it was trying to do the handshake in Metric and your car was talking in English? ha Glad that visit worked out for you and good to know you are on the "must plug in and receive power for it to count" side of things.

@Darren S - definitely need to suck at least a handful of electrons to count, IMO.

Since I stay at hotels and don't continuously drive like @Bighorn, I try to pick my overnight Destination Charging in larger gaps between SCs.

I couldn't count Mojave until a return to the Bay Area from Vegas, as it was offline (power out to a 50 mile radius).

Agree that anyone can plug you in as long as you are road tripping. I had the honor of Bighorn plugging me in (for what turned out to be the lead in this contest) back when 274 was a good enough number. ;)

• Informative
@Darren S - definitely need to suck at least a handful of electrons to count, IMO.

Ok and this is what I've been doing so far and didn't count the ones where I visited but didn't charge. I appreciate the response from you fine folks in the top few spots on the list. I'll get to 400 eventually hopefully.

If this is the case -- would it be possible to add or modify a line in the rules that this is a list / count of "Unique Superchargers used" instead of merely "Superchargers visited"? I'm almost 4 yrs late to the party but feel it is a bit of a misnomer to call it a list of "Superchargers visited" when you have to only count unique visited AND have to plug in and get at least a minute or two minimum of charge.

I couldn't count Mojave until a return to the Bay Area from Vegas, as it was offline (power out to a 50 mile radius).

I'd go so far as saying you should be allowed to count that (and BigHorn's initial visit to the Canadian one that didn't handshake fast enough) if you tried to plug in but the system was offline and wasn't indicated on the Nav or something but will stick to the "must have power flowing to count" rule for now. Again, I haven't had any of those so the point is moot for me but am sure it could relate to others at some point.

Agree that anyone can plug you in as long as you are road tripping. I had the honor of Bighorn plugging me in (for what turned out to be the lead in this contest) back when 274 was a good enough number. ;)

Wow, now THAT is something to be proud of but agree that if you were the person who drover to the charger then it shouldn't matter who plugs it in.

Sorry to show up late and suggest all these clarifications to the rules and but I'm trying to view it as the general idea of getting to new locations and not be as specific on a few of the details. I'm itchin' to get out on the road to add a bunch more to my list but most likely will have to wait another month or two which is making it seem like an even longer wait until mid-March.

I didn’t physically plug it in with my own hands, but then again, I’ve let passengers plug in at other Superchargers so that they could experience what it’s like. <snip> If the rule is that the driver must plug it in, my total will go down by about 5 and I suspect many other people will have to remove locations from their counts, as well.

I'm not the supercharger police and to the extent I've ever made any adjustments to reported data it's been because of a user error and not a rules dispute. <snip> Each owner is responsible for their own data - what to count and not count. The rules were established in the first post. What you do next is up to you.

Fair enough. My official count is at 25 unique Superchargers, then.

Half Dollar Bill, in light of some recent responses from the list leaders, should the count for Big Earl be increased by 5 again since it might not be required to have the Driver plug in the vehicle at the supercharger? Or perhaps keep it as is unless / until that rule is modified at which time Big Earl could add those back to his list? Just a thought.

Half Dollar Bill, in light of some recent responses from the list leaders, should the count for Big Earl be increased by 5 again since it might not be required to have the Driver plug in the vehicle at the supercharger? Or perhaps keep it as is unless / until that rule is modified at which time Big Earl could add those back to his list? Just a thought.
We only altered the count to exclude the Cleveland Service Center..........

• Informative
We only altered the count to exclude the Cleveland Service Center..........

Correct. Everything has been included except for the Cleveland Service Center, which we agreed would not count, as it isn't a publicly accessible charger. I still have it listed on my map of Superchargers that I've visited just so that I can keep track of where I've charged. I'd be okay with it being listed in the wikipost with an asterisk indicating that it doesn't count toward my total.

Correct. Everything has been included except for the Cleveland Service Center, which we agreed would not count, as it isn't a publicly accessible charger.

Thanks for clarifying, Half Dollar Bill and Big Earl, as I thought your list was being reduced by 5 or the number of times someone else plugged it in. As you were.

I still have it listed on my map of Superchargers that I've visited just so that I can keep track of where I've charged. I'd be okay with it being listed in the wikipost with an asterisk indicating that it doesn't count toward my total.

I should put an asterisk on my Aurora, IL as it was a sort of "mobile supercharger" setup where the cabinets were on a pallet and a few months later it was no longer listed on the Nav screen or Supercharge.info. Nice map and good job keeping up with it. I need to update mine again.