Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Graffi, would my Monroe, WA charge from 1% to 100% count for your "20-30% minimum"? ;)

Good points though. Don't assume that everyone tracks their charging and visits with pinpoint accuracy. I have some friends who probably have no idea how long it takes to charge from, say, 25% to 90% or how many miles they can get in an hour of supercharging. Some can't remember where they've been in the surrounding states. Ack. I can't fathom that.

The car can keep track but I would think that would encourage folks to charge longer than they need sometimes which is sort of abusing the original idea or people are charging up for a few minutes just to put a notch in their belt. It seems the group has a great idea and everyone is pretty much abiding by the rules or ask someone in the group for some clarification.

Half Dollar Bill scrutinized a few of my claims when I was just joining the list and asked how I could go from Chicago to La Crosse without hitting Madison until I realized that I sorted that day alphabetically and 'M' comes after 'L' so it made sense once I put it in chronological order ... but I was pleased that he was doing a quick mental check of things to see if they made sense. That instantly put my mind at ease that all counts on the record list were legit and accurate and valid and that made me proud to become a part of it.

I haven't yet set out to hit new locations just for no reason so all of mine have been on the way during a road trip or somewhat on the way as I'm sure most people don't go from Seattle to Philly by way of Amarillo although that reminds me of the song "Uneasy Rider" by The Charlie Daniels Band. Ha!

In my earlier post I was referring to the Tesla Supercharger Game, not the one on this forum. If Tesla is starting the game then they have access to all the Supercharger stats, as well as the car info.

On this Forum thread the rules are stated on page one. From there on it is on the honor system. If someone wanted to they could just pretend they are like Bighorn and just pretend to drive and drive and drive until they cover all the Superchargers in the US and Canada.

On offense intended Bighorn, we all believe you really did make all those trips, and are full of envy. :):):) Besides, you even showed photos and we all know that you can not make a dog lie about where they have been.;)

• Funny
Reactions: Bighorn
I'll add my 2 cents:

I think to count, you should have to plug in and charge at a live supercharger. I personally have a requirement to charge for at least 10 minutes. I don't think it really matters who plugs in, although I have actually plugged in at all the superchargers I have visited. I personally don't care about things like who drives as long as the person counting it was in the car for the trip.

I think Superchargers which have only valet parking should count - the only one I am aware of is Brooklyn, which I haven't visited yet. I plan to ask if I can plug it in myself, or at least accompany the valet and take a photo (I have photos of all the Superchargers I've visited), but if they won't allow that, I think it should count as a visited Supercharger as long as you charge there.

Places like Aurora, IL, Warsaw, NC and Bethesda, MD which were open for a while and then closed should count. Those lucky enough to have visited them when they were open should be able to count them. That may mean that there are some people who will have an insurmountable lead, but so be it.

Reactions: Ugliest1 and Graffi
I had a very successful road trip this weekend to visit a bunch of the NY locations as well as some in the neighboring states. This turned out to be just a few days shy of the 2-yr anniversary of picking up my 90D (Feb 15, 2016) so what better way than to take a road trip with it.

I ended up driving 2,100 miles in just 55 hrs and was able to add 23 new chargers (locations #2 thru #24 on the map here) and the trip didn't even start until 6:30 PM on Friday (so it ended at 2:30 AM on Monday). I believe that makes 169 unique superchargers for me at the moment.

I left a few for future trips such as NJ, NYC to Boston, Rhode Island, and Maine but this is what I could accomplish during the weekend so I had to leave some spots unvisited. I had already visited places such as Buffalo, Syracuse, Newburgh, and I-80 so some of those were skipped or were visited but were not new locations (locations 1, 25, 26, and 27).

I've updated my own map of supercharger visits: Tesla superchargers visited by Darren S

01_NY_2018-02-09_11.jpg

Plattsburgh, NY after driving from Watertown, NY (160 miles took 4 hrs). I cleaned off the plate so I could remember this was my car in the photo.
02_Plattsburgh_NY_2018-02-10.jpg

South Burlington, VT just 30 miles later and more snow designs on the back of the car.
03_South Burlington_VT_2018-02-10.jpg

Lincoln, NH and finally out of the driving snow although they had a decent amount on the ground and around the chargers. Most of the time there was enough of a path cleared by other cars or Maintenance that the cord would reach and if that wasn't the case then a few times of backing up over the snow or just parking sideways to the charger was sufficient for the <30-minute stop since I was staying at the car each time.
04_Lincoln_NH_2018-02-11.jpg

ALL 20 chargers to myself on a Sunday afternoon. I took advantage of this and charged at stall #10B since I don't usually see numbers higher than 4B or at most 5B.
05_Guilderland_NY_2018-02-11.jpg

2,100 miles, 55 hrs, 356 Wh/mi, 30° F avg temp, snow tires, lots of elevation change (at least for the Northeast) of about 102,500 ft or 19.4 vertical miles, and lots of weather (snow, blinding snow, rain, sleet, dense fog, and dry)
06_NY trip_trip meter.jpg

Last edited:
@Darren S
Very respectable long weekend jaunt:)

Thanks so much. That wasn't even a proper 3-day weekend either but I covered quite a bit of ground. I'm looking forward to a few trips to a bit further destinations in the next few months.

I remembered the photos of your car in snowy Michigan in January when I took my pics. I wonder what people thought when I passed them and they had zero clue what kind of car it was.

Thanks so much. That wasn't even a proper 3-day weekend either but I covered quite a bit of ground. I'm looking forward to a few trips to a bit further destinations in the next few months.

I remembered the photos of your car in snowy Michigan in January when I took my pics. I wonder what people thought when I passed them and they had zero clue what kind of car it was.

I wonder if you were ever as terrified as my MI drive--the white out was bad enough that I didn't drive until daybreak, but it took some doing to get to where I could stop. It's awful when you can't tell where the road is in an area where nobody would find you it you mess up. Worse when you get somebody behind you who wants to go faster! Then the ice was practically unnavigable around Muskegon. I see you probably got some lake effect off Lake Ontario and also a ferry across Lake Champlain to rather rural roads that I drove on July 4 last year. The fireworks freaked out Macy, so I remember it well, plus there were cars parked along the road for miles for the fireworks over some lake. I suspect you had some beautiful passages down the Vermont border if you drove during the day without too much precipitation. How did you handle sleep?

Reactions: David99
I wonder if you were ever as terrified as my MI drive--the white out was bad enough that I didn't drive until daybreak, but it took some doing to get to where I could stop. It's awful when you can't tell where the road is in an area where nobody would find you it you mess up. Worse when you get somebody behind you who wants to go faster! Then the ice was practically unnavigable around Muskegon. I see you probably got some lake effect off Lake Ontario and also a ferry across Lake Champlain to rather rural roads that I drove on July 4 last year. The fireworks freaked out Macy, so I remember it well, plus there were cars parked along the road for miles for the fireworks over some lake. I suspect you had some beautiful passages down the Vermont border if you drove during the day without too much precipitation. How did you handle sleep?

Well, with the amount of miles you've driven and for you to be that terrified is really saying something. Glad you and the co-pilot survived and were safe and hunkered down for a night for it to clear a bit. The worst lately was on Xmas day in Erie and was part of the storm that dumped 50+ inches in 2 days. Fortunately, it was no more than 1 hr of dealing with it but it was still bad.

I had similar thoughts in the somewhat desolate areas on Rt 11 up-and-around from Watertown, NY about the "what if I slide off into a field here" so I definitely took it easier in some places because of that. On the other side, some of the wide-open 2 lanes and shoulders and no ditches on the sides meant I got to do some experimenting and practicing / learning how the car handles and how much fun (or scary) it is with Slip Start off.

I chose the NY route instead of MI as I thought the weather was supposed to stay in MI this past weekend. I guess they and Lake Ontario just wanted to share with others. The drive from the Plattsburgh supercharger to the roads or highways was so bad that it was low beams only and 20 mph to assure I could stop in 100 ft if needed. I was trying to navigate up and over the top of Lake Champlain as I wasn't sure what the Ferry schedule was or if I'd be waiting there for an hour. As luck would have it, the conditions were so bad that I just blindly followed the car's navigation which took me right to the Ferry. Ha, oh well. I really wish the nav would have indicated it was going by Ferry but it was ok and I was the penultimate car on the Ferry so there was no delay so it all worked out. I did have some fun on the rural roads and will try to grab that route in better detail and post it.

Alas, arrival at Plattsburgh, NY was 18:00 and well into darkness, South Burlington, VT arrival was 20:00, Berlin, VT arrival was 20:50, and Lincoln, NH arrival was 00:40. Then, Lincoln, NH departure was 04:40 which included sleeping for the night, West Lebanon arrival was 06:25, and Brattleboro arrival was 07:35. I really wanted to see some of the scenery but alas it was all dark and dense fog and not playing to my favor. Also, those forest roads are ATROCIOUS so next time I'll take the longer route but do it in half the time.

I-90 near the Erie, PA supercharger on Dec 25, 2017 and blazing along at 20 mph which was plenty fast for he conditions but at least I could see the road (a snow plow was within a mile ahead):
IMG_20171225_123800.jpg

Turning off I-90 near the Erie, PA supercharger on Dec 25, 2017 and onto a major side road (PA State Rt 8) was impossible to see where the ditches on the sides started and where the road ended so most of the time was spent in the middle of the road until headlights approached and then moved to the right to pass each other:
IMG_20171225_124700.jpg

The 5-mile drive in Erie, PA on Dec 25, 2017 took about 25 minutes but resulted in unintentional Model 3 Aero wheels on my Model S:
IMG_20171225_130800.jpg

I don't know why the parking sensors stated they were not available (this was at the Erie, PA supercharger on Dec 25, 2017 and the car was clear when parking but 30 minutes in the blustery conditions really coated the car):
IMG_20171225_122700.jpg

Very nice! Brings back memories. I was contemplating hitting Erie a few days into this January when I was in your neighborhood, heading from Falls Creek to Hermitage. Thank goodness I confirmed that I'd already been, since those lake effect snows were continuing into the new year. After a long detour to unintentionally revisit Norfolk VA, I was pretty careful not to make that mistake again, plus the snow had me a bit trepidatious. Speaking of which, I still haven't gotten my Norfolk tunnel toll bill in the mail along with any other plate tolls in several other states. I wonder if my plates were too grungy to read:)

Reactions: Darren S
I added the newly opened Jersey City - Waterfront SpC this afternoon, and checked out the Jersey City - Newport Mall location. I spent $7 to park/charge at the first and $2.50 for a look at the latter, plus had to drive home in rush hour traffic. Neither place is ideal as a SpC location unless you really need it :(

Possible location for the Jersy city supercharger

SCHWOO ... Now I'm REALLY glad that I didn't try to grab the NYC chargers on my weekend road trip as I would have most likely missed the Jersey City (Waterfront) one and not had a chance to get to NYC again for months. Yay for luck.

In your other post, you said the Parking Attendant parked your car (and I can see why with those over-under lifts) but who plugged in the cord to the car? That goes back to my recommendation that the rules be modified slightly instead of a strict 'YOU must be the one plugging in the car' bit.

I can't remember what your stand is on it but this one would obviously count since you aren't allowed or supposed to be back in the parking / charging area so it falls into the 'exception' side of things. Thanks for checking out the new places even though it cost some $$ and some time in rush hour traffic.

In your other post, you said the Parking Attendant parked your car (and I can see why with those over-under lifts) but who plugged in the cord to the car? That goes back to my recommendation that the rules be modified slightly instead of a strict 'YOU must be the one plugging in the car' bit.

I can't remember what your stand is on it but this one would obviously count since you aren't allowed or supposed to be back in the parking / charging area so it falls into the 'exception' side of things. Thanks for checking out the new places even though it cost some $$ and some time in rush hour traffic.
It was somewhat of a joint effort. He plugged it in but was getting an orange light, so I helped push it in firmly.

My opinion is that Superchargers where an attendant or valet has to plug in should still count as long as you charge there.

Reactions: Big Earl and evp
I noticed this weekend that PlugShare has the Cincinnati / Blue Ash location listed as "Cincinnati Deer Park Supercharger." I don't know when that change was made but I don't ever remember seeing "Deer Park" in the name. In my list, I have it noted as "Blue Ash."

I might have missed this in a previous discussion in the thread, but is there a 'master' list of location names or should we use the location name from the in-vehicle Navigation? Some sites such as PlugShare let anybody change the names of locations so I'd assume we should stick with the names that are on the in-vehicle Nav screen since we don't have access to modify those?

Beckley, WV just got added to the nav screen (Feb 19, 2018) but is listed as "Mt Hope, WV" as that is the mailing address (although Franklin Park, PA has a mailing address in Sewickley, PA but is in Franklin Park Township so I'm not sure there is a set pattern to their madness).

Blue Ash supercharger name_2018-02-19.jpg

I've occasionally had to go back and edit site names either due to an institutional change or to be consistent with others. @JSergeant has a google map that has a reasonable convention--I ended up changing my Blue Ash to Cinci IIRC

Thanks for clarifying and I'll remember to do a review / cross-check every few months or when I notice a change like this and update my own listing as well.