Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a few issues with Glympse lately so I'm not sure if it's a BigEarl issue or a Glympse issue. A couple nights ago, it showed BigEarl and bmah at the same place for a few hours. Eventually I figured out that it was implausible that BigEarl was still going exactly 45mph down the same country road, so I turned my phone off, then on and both of them disappeared from the map as they were no longer sharing location.

Then today it showed BigEarl at the Salem supercharger for a long time, but I'm not sure if that was an error. It's possible they took a long nap there or something. Then later I got a notification that BigEarl was sharing again as he was driving on the freeway in Lacey, WA, but that seemed weird since he had already been sharing his location before, so who knows. Maybe if BigEarl can share what his inputs were, we can figure out if Glympse is behaving strangely or not.

Long story short, Glympse is a piece of *sugar* app. It bugs out and throws communication errors (red banners at the top of the screen) pretty regularly. Sometimes it’ll stop sharing if my phone battery drops below 20% when I forget to charge it. I’ve not been able to determine if it auto-resumes or gives up for good. We didn’t stay long at Salem, but my share expired shortly after that, so I started a new share around Lacey.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
November 21 - California never ends:

686: Watsonville
687: Santa Cruz
688: Scotts Valley
689: San Jose - E. Capitol Expwy
690: Fremont - Pacific Commons
691: San Jose - Holger Way
692: Santa Clara
693: Cupertino - Steven’s Creek Blvd
694: Los Altos
695: San Mateo
696: San Francisco - Van Ness
697: Marin City - Donahue St
698: El Cerrito
699: Emeryville - Shellmound St (caught up with @Randy Spencer for a few minutes)
700: Antioch
701: Stockton
702: Elk Grove
703: Sacramento - Freeport Blvd
704: Woodland
705: Williams - 7th St
November 22 - exhaustion sets in:

706: Corning, CA (slept in the car for four hours before hitting the road again at 5am)
707: Red Bluff, CA
708: Mt. Shasta - 134 Morgan Way
709: Mt. Shasta - 111 Morgan Way
710: Medford, OR
711: Grants Pass, OR (the equipment here needs a lot of help; slow and/or broken)
712: Springfield, OR - Kruse Way
713: Salem, OR
714: Woodbury, OR
715: Vancouver, WA
716: Vancouver, WA - NE Mall Dr
717: Tigard, OR
718: Hillsboro, OR
719: Kelso, WA
720: Lacey, WA
721: Bothell, WA
and that’s it! We are finally here. Getting tested for COVID this week before interacting with family. Jason has what we believe to be a lingering cold (no fever, no COVID symptoms other than a cough and mild congestion), so we’ll get that checked out. I feel fine. For the time being, we are quarantining in a detached guest suite.

5,600 miles
142 new Superchargers
309 Wh/mi
9 days start to finish

November 21 - California never ends:
<snip>
699: Emeryville - Shellmound St (caught up with @Randy Spencer for a few minutes)
700: Antioch
701: Stockton
702: Elk Grove
703: Sacramento - Freeport Blvd
704: Woodland
<snip>​
Congrats on #704, @Big Earl ! I happily pass my 4th place belt buckle over to you. Treat it well.

Thanks for all the pics and stories along the way and enjoy the rest of your visit and trip.

Thanks, everyone. It’s been quite an adventure. We’re spending the holidays in Washington State, then heading back across the country after Christmas. Not sure of the timing or the route yet, but I’m pretty sure 4th place is as high as we’ll get for a while.
;)
Whew! ;)
Congrats on 4th place and 700+
Stay safe!

When did Tesla start charging for “unopened” chargers? Was surprised to see a credit card charge for my Stevens Creek visit. Didn’t need the charge at all and wouldn’t have left the car connected for more than a few seconds if I had known.

Sometimes they do, sometimes they don’t. What’s a few bucks?

Bad news: My car will be in the shop for a few days while they order a coolant heater pump.

Good news: I got a loaner car (bare-bones S75D with MCU2 and AP2.5 hardware, but no auto-pilot) with apparently-free Supercharging, and was able to pick up the Bay Area Superchargers I was going to do over the weekend. I think this is the first time I've logged entries for this competition not using my S85D.

130. Oakland (2nd Street), CA
131. Cupertino (Stevens Creek Blvd.), CA
132. Fremont (Pacific Commons Blvd.), CA

Spreadsheet updated.

Bruce.

[This post may require a table of contents]

Shucks Bruce that sucks. Warranty?

You know when I first entered this game it was right after I had a long repair on my car done did. I went crazy on the free Supercharging and hit a TON of sites, and then they went to open the one next to my house (Alameda, CA). It kinda felt dirty that I was christening the site w/o my baby Rosebud. So the day I got my car back I started going to pick up those sites with my own car and before I ever claimed them here I had re-touched each of the sites so that you can track my progress in this game from my Tesla account's History. Little did I know when I started behaving this way that people who have Free Supercharging DON'T get a written record of their travels.

@Randy Spencer time for a road trip?

killing the firsts!

Not on Sunday, that's the day the wife and I hang out as she is still a slave to capitalism on weekdays.

I hope everyone saw me on Glympse yesterday as I was continually stymied by Google Maps:

IMG_2576.JPG

For some reason all the passes thru the Sierras are marked in Apple Maps and Google Maps as open, yet as you can see they are not. Didn't keep the car from directing me there w/ no way to charge up but go back the way I came. Grrrrrrrrrr

I called Tesla, and they said call Google, it's their issue. Sheesh. Have you tried to get technical support from Google? They give everything away for free, so they provide that level of support. "Oh, your email is broken? Create a new account, they are free" Eff Ewe

I was able to get there via South Lake Tahoe instead of Yosemite. If I had known all of the shortcuts were closed I wouldn't have gone but I didn't find out until I was on the road.

Who am I kidding? The guy at Tesla told me that Bishop was offline and I still drove another 5 hours each way to "check".

November 23rd

Bishop, CA

Spreadsheet updated (Using the Sheets app, cool that I can tag visits from the phone, is that what everyone uses? I can never get the Spreadsheet to open in the cars browser or Safari on my iPhone X)

Congrats on the long drive home and the drive up the leaderboard @Big Earl . My wife wants to know what you do for a living that doesn't require your spouse to sit at home still working for a living in their mid-sixties (she may be projecting)

Also, I discovered an issue with Glympse may be related to what you are seeing. The new feature on iOS that allows for non-precise location data being provided to apps is a good security feature, but it can really screw up the way some apps respond. I had to turn that feature off for Glympse or it looked like I was parked at various locations as I drove. I also couldn't charge using the DRIVEtheARC app until I turned that off.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Big Earl

You know when I first entered this game it was right after I had a long repair on my car done did. I went crazy on the free Supercharging and hit a TON of sites, and then they went to open the one next to my house (Alameda, CA). It kinda felt dirty that I was christening the site w/o my baby Rosebud. So the day I got my car back I started going to pick up those sites with my own car and before I ever claimed them here I had re-touched each of the sites so that you can track my progress in this game from my Tesla account's History. Little did I know when I started behaving this way that people who have Free Supercharging DON'T get a written record of their travels.

Not on Sunday, that's the day the wife and I hang out as she is still a slave to capitalism on weekdays.

I hope everyone saw me on Glympse yesterday as I was continually stymied by Google Maps:

View attachment 611402

For some reason all the passes thru the Sierras are marked in Apple Maps and Google Maps as open, yet as you can see they are not. Didn't keep the car from directing me there w/ no way to charge up but go back the way I came. Grrrrrrrrrr

I called Tesla, and they said call Google, it's their issue. Sheesh. Have you tried to get technical support from Google? They give everything away for free, so they provide that level of support. "Oh, your email is broken? Create a new account, they are free" Eff Ewe

I was able to get there via South Lake Tahoe instead of Yosemite. If I had known all of the shortcuts were closed I wouldn't have gone but I didn't find out until I was on the road.

Who am I kidding? The guy at Tesla told me that Bishop was offline and I still drove another 5 hours each way to "check".

November 23rd

Bishop, CA

Spreadsheet updated (Using the Sheets app, cool that I can tag visits from the phone, is that what everyone uses? I can never get the Spreadsheet to open in the cars browser or Safari on my iPhone X)

Congrats on the long drive home and the drive up the leaderboard @Big Earl . My wife wants to know what you do for a living that doesn't require your spouse to sit at home still working for a living in their mid-sixties (she may be projecting)

He’s a senior network engineer at a large optometry firm. His team has been working remotely for the whole pandemic and that’s likely to continue. Aside from a few days of leave here and there, he is working remotely full-time while on this trip. I’m a state employee who runs several shuttered event venues with a lot of leave in the bank. I’m working remotely part time while on this trip. /bio

@bmah
That reminds me. I had an issue with supercharging that led me to the St Louis service center while on a cross country trip with Macy. I told them I thought I had a bad charge port. They diagnosed a bad coolant pump, so I had them replace all 3 while they were in there. I think they comped one of them.
Lo and behold, it still wouldn’t supercharge after all that. Turns out it was a bad charge port. Should be set for pumps for awhile;)

[This post may require a table of contents]

I'm covered by the original battery warranty and the extended warranty for everything else. I made sure the service advisor was aware of the extended warranty up front, which seems to make things go more smoothly in general. Naturally it'd be great to get my car back, but having a Supercharging-capable Tesla loaner isn't too bad.

I've always kept my own records for Supercharging...combination of my own spreadsheet and photos I take at every Supercharger. Because Way Back When (tm), everybody had free Supercharging and there was nothing in the car or on your Tesla account to keep track of visits for you.

Bruce.

Lo and behold, it still wouldn’t supercharge after all that. Turns out it was a bad charge port.
Hmmm... I had that a BUNCH this month. I chalked it up to beat up Superchargers (even though I am only visiting *new* chargers...)

I should probably figure out if it's unusual to have to re-plug your Tesla several times on a road trip. On my recent LA trip I had to unplug and re-plug many times. Like yesterday I had 3 of the chargers reject my car multiple times, so bad I gave up on one at Mammoth. Although when I rolled the car back to the adjoining station I just plugged in and it started to charge.

It was 22° out, and perhaps the one I rolled back to had been in use right before I tried it, and the rejected one was frozen so stiff it took two hands to plug in. I got 116kW out of that charger, yet when I used it again on the return trip I only got 81kW at about the same battery level, fresh off the freeway both times.

Not sure how to even talk to the Tesla guys about fixing this. Maybe I should just spray some graphite dry lube in the charge port like it's a keyhole.

Hmmm... I had that a BUNCH this month. I chalked it up to beat up Superchargers (even though I am only visiting *new* chargers...)

I should probably figure out if it's unusual to have to re-plug your Tesla several times on a road trip. On my recent LA trip I had to unplug and re-plug many times. Like yesterday I had 3 of the chargers reject my car multiple times, so bad I gave up on one at Mammoth. Although when I rolled the car back to the adjoining station I just plugged in and it started to charge.

It was 22° out, and perhaps the one I rolled back to had been in use right before I tried it, and the rejected one was frozen so stiff it took two hands to plug in. I got 116kW out of that charger, yet when I used it again on the return trip I only got 81kW at about the same battery level, fresh off the freeway both times.

Not sure how to even talk to the Tesla guys about fixing this. Maybe I should just spray some graphite dry lube in the charge port like it's a keyhole.

I had my charge port replaced in August. What I have observed since:

I got many orange rings when I would insert the Supercharger plugs. I also would switch spots to get the blue ring of happiness. I was starting to become alarmed when I would get more orange rings than blue.

I decided to keep hold of the plug after insertion. If the ring turned blue, all was well, and off I went. If it started to show orange, I would gently maneuver the plug in the charge port. Eventually the solenoid (or whatever it is) would click, and the ring turned to blue.

It seems to me that there is some sort of tolerance issue with some of the plugs or that there is a difference in the newer chargeports for Model S.

I haven't had to move spots since; I've just had to wiggle the plug to get proper contact.

• Informative
Reactions: TreborThickweb

Randy, Randy, Randy, Randy. You've been in California for, what, forty years? You have a cabin near Strawberry on SR108, right? We received scattered rain in the lower elevations a few times this month. And you obviously know what that means in the higher elevations. Monitor Pass (SR89), Ebbets Pass (SR4), Sonora Pass (SR108), and Tioga Pass (SR120 through Yosemite) were closed in advance of the storm right after election day, and Caltrans decided to keep them closed for the winter late last week. Guess Google doesn't do its homework.

I looked at your Glympse travels a few times yesterday, and I was scratching my head as to your rather, ahem, unusual route to Bishop. I never considered that you would try to cross via Monitor Pass on SR89 at this date. (If you've never driven Monitor Pass, it is quite a nice drive!)

In all seriousness, Caltrans will have temporary closures of all-season highways during winter, in particular SR88 near Kirkwood and SR89 north of D. L. Bliss State Park. These closures are primarily for avalanche control. Other highways like US50, I80, and SR20 will occasionally be closed due to blizzard conditions.

Glad you made it to Bishop safely!

• Informative
Reactions: Big Earl and NKYTA
Yeah I think most of those passes across the Sierras that connect CA99 to US 395 between US 50 and CA58 close for winter. Doubt you'd want to venture that drive this time of year even if the road were open!

FWIW Google maps is usually fairly reliable on such things so I'm surprised to hear of your troubles. If I'm ever wondering if a certain road will be open, I always run it through Google Maps in addition to my phone or the car Nav just to be sure.

Random tangental thought: when are we going to get weather conditions to overlay the map in the Nav. Even just current radar would be amazing, but you could also look at wind, snowpack, and many other things that would be quite useful.

Reactions: Big Earl
@bmah
Way way back when (tm) cars with unlimited supercharging did keep track of visits. :) They all disappeared with a FW update much to the chagrin of many.

@Randy Spencer I was unfairly blaming my charge port problem on deteriorating infrastructure and even warning other drivers about bad stalls. It was the car.

The orange ring means the plug isn’t fully inserted. A gentle push usually will remedy the incomplete insertion.

• Helpful
Reactions: israndy
Odd, now Apple and Google maps both show that all the passes are closed. What a day to have decided to travel. I was just used to being able to rely on Tesla Nav. As my dad's favorite joke ends "That's once"

Yeah, @cpa I have only had the cabin for 6 years and I have learned a lot about the things between the bay area and Sonora, but going the other way not so much, other than the BEST road for the Tesla Model 3 is Highway 108 going over the pass. Get there early so you don't have to deal with the slowpokes that clog up that artery as the day progresses.

@bmah
Way way back when (tm) cars with unlimited supercharging did keep track of visits. :) They all disappeared with a FW update much to the chagrin of many.

@Randy Spencer I was unfairly blaming my charge port problem on deteriorating infrastructure and even warning other drivers about bad stalls. It was the car.

The orange ring means the plug isn’t fully inserted. A gentle push usually will remedy the incomplete insertion.

Pen and paper logging, yep.

The visits all disappeared for me as I was the MCU1 poster child failure a few years in. If I wasn’t the first factory reset, I pity the one before me.

By the time BH was warning about Orange rings, I was arranging SvC in Houston for the HV Junction Box replacement.

I think we have all done our Service dues on road trips, some more than others.

We certainly are not babying these cars.

Reactions: Shesmyne2"