Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's hosed again and I can't even get it to update properly on my local version of Tableau. That seems to implicate Tableau itself. Maybe a recent upgrade is breaking a calculation or something like that, but I do not have time at the moment to dive deep into an investigation of the problem. I'll get back to this as soon as I can and can hopefully find the root cause. If anyone out there knows anything about Big Query, please let me know. That might be a more sustainable path going forward.

Awhile back, our esteemed Flyer and I had a PM conversation about Tableau and my inept ability to handle so many contemporary tech things. He was very patient, understanding, and encouraging. It was an informed, enlightened, and pleasant chat.

I can only imagine the determination, problem-solving, and grit that he is experiencing now to try to conceive why this program is flaking out. For that, I can only express my admiration towards him.

For the record, I have never heard of Big Query, so I am as useless as teats on a boar in this respect. :eek:

Reactions: BM3B and NKYTA
That's a fun project!

I'm mulling over a similar problem in collecting Supercharger Stations in Texas, which I have yet to visit. Way, way more spread out than the Supercharger-dense Northeast, however. No way to do it without some backtracking, from what I can see, given the range limitations of my car.
I also gave a PhD student the challenge of finding minimum distance (and time) to visit all USA National Parks in a Model 3 - including a listing of what SCs are required - and if any parks are not feasible due to distance from SC. Getting in and out of Big Bend in TX is a challenge without using L2s? She's still working on that one...

Last edited:
Awhile back, our esteemed Flyer and I had a PM conversation about Tableau and my inept ability to handle so many contemporary tech things. He was very patient, understanding, and encouraging. It was an informed, enlightened, and pleasant chat.

I can only imagine the determination, problem-solving, and grit that he is experiencing now to try to conceive why this program is flaking out. For that, I can only express my admiration towards him.

For the record, I have never heard of Big Query, so I am as useless as teats on a boar in this respect. :eek:
How very kind. Thank you.

At this very moment, I think Tableau is showing something close to the correct values. I would appreciate confirmation that others are seeing the correct data. Then, let me know when you see it go bonkers again (I'd love to be wrong but expect it will). Tableau is calculating 792 visits but the spreadsheet leaderboard shows 796. Which are missing?

There was a recent update to online.tableau.com, which I expect is hosted similar to public.tableau.com, so that could be it. I can reach out to my data science team and see if they noticed any weirdness.

Tableau Online Maintenance - United States - West (10AY)
Thu, 21-Jan 08:43 PM UTC: The Tableau Online - United States - West (10AY) environment will undergo a scheduled maintenance on Friday, February 5, 2021 at UTC 02:00. During this time, customers will not be able to log in to their Tableau Online sites. Scheduled background tasks such as extract refreshes and email subscriptions will be paused. Paused operations will resume immediately after the maintenance window. While we will be working to minimize the amount of time our customers are impacted, we anticipate this work will take 4-6 hours to complete. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we work to provide consistency, quality, and faster feature delivery. We will post any updates regarding this maintenance to Tableau Trust as new information becomes available.
Thank you. Oh to have a data science team! I don't know what I'd ask them just yet. We are mainly dealing with the consequences of pushing Sheets to it's absolute maximum, including several odd hacks. That's why I ask about Big Query as a possible next iteration. Big Query is designed for large data sets like this. I need some tutoring more than anything I think.

• Informative
Reactions: NKYTA
I also gave a PhD student the challenge of finding minimum distance (and time) to visit all USA National Parks in a Model 3 - including a listing of what SCs are required - and if any parks are not feasible due to distance from SC. Getting in and out of Big Bend in TX is a challenge without using L2s? She's still working on that one...
So out of curiosity, how do you validate that? I mean, sure, anyone can eyeball a map. But how do you validate that you have an optimized route, given the multiple destination points?
Not asking for doctoral thesis, just conceptual answer, because I figure it's probably interesting.

At this very moment, I think Tableau is showing something close to the correct values. I would appreciate confirmation that others are seeing the correct data.
I figured it out - my fault. I was trying to be helpful but cutting down the size of the spreadsheet for the maps - I left in just Open and Construction, figuring nobody really cares about the Permit on their "not yet visited" map.

I looked at my "Visited" map, and counting the dots figured out I was missing 3 in 2018 and 1 in 2016 - 2017, 2019, and 2020 were fine. The missing ones were the Closed ones, of course.... Fine for the "not yet visited" map, but screwed up the Visited map and the counts. Duh.

I just put the Closed and Permit back in. Sorry about that.

At this very moment, I think Tableau is showing something close to the correct values. I would appreciate confirmation that others are seeing the correct data. Then, let me know when you see it go bonkers again (I'd love to be wrong but expect it will). Tableau is calculating 792 visits but the spreadsheet leaderboard shows 796. Which are missing?

Everything appears correct at this time. Thanks again for your troubleshooting.

Reactions: theflyer
So out of curiosity, how do you validate that? I mean, sure, anyone can eyeball a map. But how do you validate that you have an optimized route, given the multiple destination points?
Not asking for doctoral thesis, just conceptual answer, because I figure it's probably interesting.
It is just vector geometry with a few added layers. Nothing an Inn Owner couldn’t bone up on with suitable free time. :p

Reactions: Shesmyne2"
Thank you. Oh to have a data science team! I don't know what I'd ask them just yet. We are mainly dealing with the consequences of pushing Sheets to it's absolute maximum, including several odd hacks. That's why I ask about Big Query as a possible next iteration. Big Query is designed for large data sets like this. I need some tutoring more than anything I think.

I posted the wrong maintenance window snippet, there was one a week ago - doing this on the iPad with no work access.
One of our DS engineers is doing a Tableau deep dive next week, I’ll report any findings.
Not used BigQuery (Google Cloud software).
Our DB(s) is/are Amazon Aurora RDS (MySQL) but we pay for Immuta, which is a middleware layer. In HealthCare, scrubbing ePHI is incredibly important. Immuta is costly, but not required for this purpose. But Aurora is relatively inexpensive. If you want to move in that direction, I have operational experience and cost knowledge and some TSLA $$ if I were to not HODL ;).

McClearly we evolved beyond Google Sheets!

@NKYTA
You don’t own an inn, you keep it:)

This article reminded me of our historic meetup with said keeper.

Opinion: This town powered America for decades. What do we owe them? — CNN
I’ve never kept an Inn, just stayed in some - but point taken! :rolleyes:

The coal in Wyoming hasn’t been scrubbed “clean”, I’ve heard. ;)

It was a rather momentous day for me/us. It solidified the gentlewomanly/gentlemanly nature of this game. Had we had all of these fancy new tools by @theflyer and his co-admins, perhaps we would have nailed it in Gillette. :)

I haven’t met a classier fellow Supercharger than @Bighorn over the last 8+ years (must be 10+ times), and we live 1300 miles apart.

I get to say I was first for a few weeks, but the community here is a macrocosm of the Custer meetup itself.

And it is much appreciated. Thanks to early adopters, thanks to the road warriors, thanks to the Admins!!

I posted the wrong maintenance window snippet, there was one a week ago - doing this on the iPad with no work access.
One of our DS engineers is doing a Tableau deep dive next week, I’ll report any findings.
Not used BigQuery (Google Cloud software).
Our DB(s) is/are Amazon Aurora RDS (MySQL) but we pay for Immuta, which is a middleware layer. In HealthCare, scrubbing ePHI is incredibly important. Immuta is costly, but not required for this purpose. But Aurora is relatively inexpensive. If you want to move in that direction, I have operational experience and cost knowledge and some TSLA $$ if I were to not HODL ;).

McClearly we evolved beyond Google Sheets!
For the moment, I'll likely just try to keep this running with bubble gum and baling wire in the hopes @Teefal can get his app going. Aurora could definitely be an option if needed.

Reactions: NKYTA and PLUS EV