Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
4 stops today:
- Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, QC (visited before)
- Lévis, QC
- RdL, QC
- Saint Leonard, NB
and now... - Lincoln, NB
@tes-s

Also found a new CCS charger and 2 J1772 chargers at the Volkswagen dealer right up the rocky hill behind the RdL Supercharger.
D2337085-4933-4F08-9B81-9D5981E19672.jpeg
1A308FCC-4DAC-4EC0-A64C-FB25037D49C8.jpeg
EE3D7494-3DF4-4FAE-98B9-24EE528BAFCA.jpeg
995C3774-4C69-4A3F-AE40-7B1658F694F8.jpeg
F9395CD2-E26F-4FF4-BAFE-9587352B0908.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, let’s see
Turkey Lake FL where my first Supercharger didn’t work and the plug wouldn’t release. Had to get help from Road Assistance while fending off a curious FL cracker. “Gollee, you say there’s no gas tank in that car?”

Brandon, FL where most of the stalls were occupied by cars from the Service Center.

Ocala, FL where the first SC connection was dead but I was able unplug unassisted.

Tifton, GA where we arrived with 13 miles left. Model X is a watt hog.

Macon, GA next to the Tubman Museum and at certain times on certain days you can get a hot dog if you are willing to walk a half mile, grits are a mile away on Sunday morning at the best and only place to eat on Sunday morning.

Savannah, GA in an airport parking garage where you can now pull in instead of backing in. Always full, virtually nothing to eat in the airport terminal unless you like Starbuck fare. When you plug in you are greeted with 5 hours to go. huh?

Lake City, FL Firehouse sub or Red Lobster. Knock yourself out.

Downtown Atlanta in the back of the parking lot basement with 1 hr. free parking. Publix Supermarket with no coffee.

Chattanooga Airport parking lot. Scary at night and terminal closes early.

Louisville in an unknown college parking lot.

Nashville service center where the staff was very friendly. Free coffee and breakfast bars.

Indianapolis where they now have more SCs.

Lafayette IN in the far reaches of a Meijer, whatever that is, parking lot a thousand feet from a Steak ‘n Shake.

Chicago Grand Ave Service Center. One available charging station at night in an alley with several locals parking and waiting for us to leave. My kind of town

Aurora the old one next to a bar across the street from the Fox River. Tough to get to a stall through a maze style parking lot.

Pinellis FL by a WaWa. 148 kw into the Model 3. Not enough time to figure out how to order food. The menu touchscreen should be higher.

Orlando Sand Lake by a WaWa-great meet up.

Fort Myers, FL, the old one in a remote part of a giant outdoor mall parking lot. 87 kw? WTF?

Naples, FL in an upscale waterfront condo parking garage. Hard to back into a charging space.

Plantation FL in the parking lot of a mall that blew up.(we weren’t there for that.)

St. Augustine FL in the rear of an outlet mall parking lot behind the dumpsters.

West Melbourne FL after helping celebrate Apollo 11 moon landing by driving MX in parade behind astronauts’ kids (now middle aged) with all doors open. Got more attention than the astronauts’ kids.

Florence, SC many stalls, some ICEd, scary drivers.

Norfolk, VA 6 stalls, 5 working all with red Teslas in a down at the heels mall with a Firehouse Sub place on the horizon. I fixed their toilet but still had to pay for the tea. A lady drove up in a black MS. We told her the SC was for red only.

Salisbury, MD behind the behind of a rambling outdoor mall. Not a comforting place at night.

Aberdeen, MD in a I95 oasis in the rain. Forgot where the car was.

Raleigh NC in the back of a parking lot carved out of a hill. Hard to get to. Nearest refreshments were a hot dog stand joined at the hip with a Starbucks both served by same distracted young women. No soft drink machines working.

Kingsland GA behind a Welcome Ctr that had a satellite police station in the back-safe but not welcoming. First connection kept saying “Charging stopped”.

Sarasota FL my home town with 20, count ‘em, behind an Amazon Whole Paycheck and a WaWa. Take your pick.

I’m blocking on the rest. Old age: Two things start to go: your memory and another thing.

• Love
Reactions: DavidB and erik_k
4 stops today:
- Saint-Léonard-d’Aston, QC (visited before)
- Lévis, QC
- RdL, QC
- Saint Leonard, NB
and now... - Lincoln, NB
Updated, my friend.

For those that don't know, we use supercharge.info for all our data, and @Mr. PlugShare is a major force behind keeping that data current. If you are not already a supporter of supercharge.info, you can help out by contributing a few dollars to help defray their costs. Keith is creating supercharge.info | Patreon

Well I sadly joined the ranks of Tesla owners who have run out of charge and need to be flat-bedded to the supercharger. I guess it took over 170k miles for this to happen so I had a good run!

As with most such blunders, there were multiple factors that led to the situation. I left Sunriver, OR with about 150 rated miles remaining. I was headed out to dinner with my family who were vacationing in the area and then headed home afterwards so we were driving separately. I had thought the restaurant was in Sunriver, but it was in fact in Bend, in fact it was quite a ways north of the Bend supercharger. Had I known that I would have left earlier and stopped for a top-off. But at dinner, I figured I could make it to The Dalles supercharger fairly easily so I decided not to back track to the Bend supercharger.

When I routed to The Dalles, the Nav said I would make it with 7% remaining, but that number quickly dropped to 4 and then 3%. Still nothing alarming compared to some of the drives I have done. The sun had just gone down and the temps were perfect for driving with no heat or a/c and of course I had the suspension low and all the other typical hypermiling techniques. There was some wind, which appeared to be more of a crosswind, but it must have had some effect because I was not driving very fast and the percentage kept ticking down to 2, then 1, then 0. Still I have been in this situation many times and wasn't too concerned. I just started driving much more slowly with about 25 miles left in the trip. I had been going 5 over and then right at the speed limit, but now I was going 45 and then 35 in 55 and 65 zones (basically no traffic on this lonely country highway so that was not a big deal).

Now, this leg had a big elevation drop which was one of the reasons I was confident I'd make it, but it is of course disconcerting when you have 25 miles left and only 17 rated miles remaining. Still I knew I had at least a 1k ft elevation drop so I thought I'd be fine. And in fact, by the math, I should have been fine. Right before the car started to shut down it even said I would make it with 1% remaining. At this point I had 5 rated miles remaining and about 7 miles left to go, but I was about to come over the crest of a hill and have an immediate 800 ft elevation drop so I (and the Nav) felt like I would make it without much issue. Unfortunately right before the crest of the hill, I got the warning that the battery was low and I should pull over soon. I kept going over the top off the hill and coasted down it, but at this point I guess the battery was so low that the regen didn't work and this really cost me.

Still, I get to the bottom of the hill and I have 4 miles left to go and 5 rated miles left on my screen, so I attempt to keep going. Again, there's no traffic and I obviously avoid getting on the freeway and stick to the right lane of a country road that is going into the town of The Dalles. The car is still giving me all the warnings to pull over but with 5 rated miles showing, I figure it's worth a shot. I make it about a mile down that country road and 2 rated miles tick off when the accelerator completely loses power, so at that point I coast to a stop on a (forunately) wide shoulder. At this point I was 3 miles from the supercharger and the battery shows 3 rated miles remaining so needless to say I was not pleased!

I was able to get a tow truck in less than an hour and we towed to the fortunately vacant supercharger in the hotel parking lot and I mostly charged without issue from that point on. Still it was not a fun experience.

I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy!

Also on this trip, my car was getting very slow charge rates at superchargers. It was different but similar to what I remember with my nerfed S90D. So this was very frustrating and part of me is wondering if this is somehow related to running out of battery early. This was only a brief 4-supercharger trip so I will have to withhold judgment until I make a longer trip, but the behavior was the same at all 4 superchargers so it isn't looking good.

This happened to me. My husband and I were on are way home from Las Vegas. In Great Falls Montana there is no Super Charging Station. There is a level 2 in a hotel. We thought we charged my Model 3 to make it home. We got stuck at the border and the hit 100 km winds on our way to Lethbridge Alberta. We got flat bedded to Lethbridge. We booked a hotel with a level 2 charging station. It took over night to charge my Tesla. We learned our lesson to endure this will never happened again. Tesla need to put a Super Charging Station in Great Falls Montana.

Hmm, let’s see
Turkey Lake FL where my first Supercharger didn’t work and the plug wouldn’t release. Had to get help from Road Assistance while fending off a curious FL cracker. “Gollee, you say there’s no gas tank in that car?”

Brandon, FL where most of the stalls were occupied by cars from the Service Center.

Ocala, FL where the first SC connection was dead but I was able unplug unassisted.

Tifton, GA where we arrived with 13 miles left. Model X is a watt hog.

Macon, GA next to the Tubman Museum and at certain times on certain days you can get a hot dog if you are willing to walk a half mile, grits are a mile away on Sunday morning at the best and only place to eat on Sunday morning.

Savannah, GA in an airport parking garage where you can now pull in instead of backing in. Always full, virtually nothing to eat in the airport terminal unless you like Starbuck fare. When you plug in you are greeted with 5 hours to go. huh?

Lake City, FL Firehouse sub or Red Lobster. Knock yourself out.

Downtown Atlanta in the back of the parking lot basement with 1 hr. free parking. Publix Supermarket with no coffee.

Chattanooga Airport parking lot. Scary at night and terminal closes early.

Louisville in an unknown college parking lot.

Nashville service center where the staff was very friendly. Free coffee and breakfast bars.

Indianapolis where they now have more SCs.

Lafayette IN in the far reaches of a Meijer, whatever that is, parking lot a thousand feet from a Steak ‘n Shake.

Chicago Grand Ave Service Center. One available charging station at night in an alley with several locals parking and waiting for us to leave. My kind of town

Aurora the old one next to a bar across the street from the Fox River. Tough to get to a stall through a maze style parking lot.

Pinellis FL by a WaWa. 148 kw into the Model 3. Not enough time to figure out how to order food. The menu touchscreen should be higher.

Orlando Sand Lake by a WaWa-great meet up.

Fort Myers, FL, the old one in a remote part of a giant outdoor mall parking lot. 87 kw? WTF?

Naples, FL in an upscale waterfront condo parking garage. Hard to back into a charging space.

Plantation FL in the parking lot of a mall that blew up.(we weren’t there for that.)

St. Augustine FL in the rear of an outlet mall parking lot behind the dumpsters.

West Melbourne FL after helping celebrate Apollo 11 moon landing by driving MX in parade behind astronauts’ kids (now middle aged) with all doors open. Got more attention than the astronauts’ kids.

Florence, SC many stalls, some ICEd, scary drivers.

Norfolk, VA 6 stalls, 5 working all with red Teslas in a down at the heels mall with a Firehouse Sub place on the horizon. I fixed their toilet but still had to pay for the tea. A lady drove up in a black MS. We told her the SC was for red only.

Salisbury, MD behind the behind of a rambling outdoor mall. Not a comforting place at night.

Aberdeen, MD in a I95 oasis in the rain. Forgot where the car was.

Raleigh NC in the back of a parking lot carved out of a hill. Hard to get to. Nearest refreshments were a hot dog stand joined at the hip with a Starbucks both served by same distracted young women. No soft drink machines working.

Kingsland GA behind a Welcome Ctr that had a satellite police station in the back-safe but not welcoming. First connection kept saying “Charging stopped”.

Sarasota FL my home town with 20, count ‘em, behind an Amazon Whole Paycheck and a WaWa. Take your pick.

I’m blocking on the rest. Old age: Two things start to go: your memory and another thing.
Fonguy:
Do you have dates for when you visited these? As close as you can remember. I assume you want to be added to the Superchargers Visited spreadsheet and were following Cottonwood's suggestion of:

a list of those Superchargers visited and used for charging, followed by interesting factoids that you may wish to share?

Superchargers Visited

Again, thanks for playing Monday Morning Quarterback!!

Obviously, in hindsight I could have done any number of things differently that would have helped me not run out of juice. Stopping at an L2 charger in Madras would have been very low on my list of options. Simply driving more slowly early in the trip would have been easier and more efficient.

But the rather obvious answer to your question, is that I didn’t stop to charge in Madras or anywhere else because I thought I was going to make it to the Dalles supercharger without issue.
Road tripping is unpredictable. I’m learning you have to adjust with the trip.

Can we get a moderator to spin these off into their own “running our of juice stories” thread? @bmah or someone else?

I woudl if I could, but I don't have moderator privs in this forum. :(

I agree all these other stories (and well-intentioned, but mis-placed, advice) are well off-topic.

Bruce.

Well I sadly joined the ranks of Tesla owners who have run out of charge and need to be flat-bedded to the supercharger. I guess it took over 170k miles for this to happen so I had a good run!

As with most such blunders, there were multiple factors that led to the situation. I left Sunriver, OR with about 150 rated miles remaining. I was headed out to dinner with my family who were vacationing in the area and then headed home afterwards so we were driving separately. I had thought the restaurant was in Sunriver, but it was in fact in Bend, in fact it was quite a ways north of the Bend supercharger. Had I known that I would have left earlier and stopped for a top-off. But at dinner, I figured I could make it to The Dalles supercharger fairly easily so I decided not to back track to the Bend supercharger.

When I routed to The Dalles, the Nav said I would make it with 7% remaining, but that number quickly dropped to 4 and then 3%. Still nothing alarming compared to some of the drives I have done. The sun had just gone down and the temps were perfect for driving with no heat or a/c and of course I had the suspension low and all the other typical hypermiling techniques. There was some wind, which appeared to be more of a crosswind, but it must have had some effect because I was not driving very fast and the percentage kept ticking down to 2, then 1, then 0. Still I have been in this situation many times and wasn't too concerned. I just started driving much more slowly with about 25 miles left in the trip. I had been going 5 over and then right at the speed limit, but now I was going 45 and then 35 in 55 and 65 zones (basically no traffic on this lonely country highway so that was not a big deal).

Now, this leg had a big elevation drop which was one of the reasons I was confident I'd make it, but it is of course disconcerting when you have 25 miles left and only 17 rated miles remaining. Still I knew I had at least a 1k ft elevation drop so I thought I'd be fine. And in fact, by the math, I should have been fine. Right before the car started to shut down it even said I would make it with 1% remaining. At this point I had 5 rated miles remaining and about 7 miles left to go, but I was about to come over the crest of a hill and have an immediate 800 ft elevation drop so I (and the Nav) felt like I would make it without much issue. Unfortunately right before the crest of the hill, I got the warning that the battery was low and I should pull over soon. I kept going over the top off the hill and coasted down it, but at this point I guess the battery was so low that the regen didn't work and this really cost me.

Still, I get to the bottom of the hill and I have 4 miles left to go and 5 rated miles left on my screen, so I attempt to keep going. Again, there's no traffic and I obviously avoid getting on the freeway and stick to the right lane of a country road that is going into the town of The Dalles. The car is still giving me all the warnings to pull over but with 5 rated miles showing, I figure it's worth a shot. I make it about a mile down that country road and 2 rated miles tick off when the accelerator completely loses power, so at that point I coast to a stop on a (forunately) wide shoulder. At this point I was 3 miles from the supercharger and the battery shows 3 rated miles remaining so needless to say I was not pleased!

I was able to get a tow truck in less than an hour and we towed to the fortunately vacant supercharger in the hotel parking lot and I mostly charged without issue from that point on. Still it was not a fun experience.

I guess the moral of the story is to be extremely careful when cutting it close when hills are involved and to not rely on downhill regen at very low SOCs. I had previously driven down to 0 or 1 rated mile remaining on many occasions, often speeding up as I got closer to the supercharger and arriving at 0 or 1 on purpose. I will definitely reconsider this strategy!

Also on this trip, my car was getting very slow charge rates at superchargers. It was different but similar to what I remember with my nerfed S90D. So this was very frustrating and part of me is wondering if this is somehow related to running out of battery early. This was only a brief 4-supercharger trip so I will have to withhold judgment until I make a longer trip, but the behavior was the same at all 4 superchargers so it isn't looking good.

It's a badge of honor. I've learned something every time it's happened to me including the last time which was what my "A Battery" would need some love from The Big T. Don't sweat the small stuff.

I’m going to be honest, anytime I know I’m low and I’m about to head to a supercharger to refuel, I don’t take any chances. As soon as dinner was up, I would literally turn on the car and cut off the AC or heat until I made it halfway there and saw a significant increase in the estimated percentage. Like 3-4%. Then as a treat I’d blast it a little just to feel good and turn it back off. Don’t be embarrassed about it. It’s better to be prepared at the beginning of the trip and deal with a little discomfort than to run out and have to wait 40 minutes for a tow. It’s not a terrible thing that you ran out. And it could’ve been worse. Imagine running out when there’s daylight and having to wait for the tow.

This isn’t going to be a problem in about 2 years when the battery tech improves. We’re all guinea pigs right now and these stories are a part of history haha.
Like I said, I didn’t use heat or a/c the entire way. Not to pick on you specifically but it appears many TMC posters are lacking in reading comprehension.