Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
[...Many of you said that you just pull off the highway in some remote location to grab 40 winks. How do you accomplish this? Do you put the rear seats down and crawl into the rear hatch? Do you recline the passenger seat and try to sleep? I've tried both methods when trying to grab a little shut-eye, and both are extremely uncomfortable. Then there is the problem of taking a shower every other day (maybe grab a motel)....
Air mattress in Model S20190523sf_060004.jpg

^ Yellowstone National Park. My Model S can take a full length air mattress, as you can see. I level the floor of the trunk with a folded bedspread. It is quite comfortable. For showers one can camp at RV parks or state parks (some have showers, although most seem to be closed in the coronavirus era). Alternatively, one can add an occasional motel visit to get cleaned up.

I prefer state parks to commercial RV parks because they usually have nicer, more spacious campsites and allow tents — not all RV parks do. I plug-in to the RV pedestal at the campsite to charge my car overnight — I carry TT-30 and 14-50 adapters for my MC.

Camping at Mille Lacs Kathio State Park in Minnesota last October:
20191016_183736.jpg

I've used the sleep-in-the-car arrangement to get a few hours of sleep at highway rest stops and places like that, rather than try to find more formal lodging, when I just wanted some rest before keeping going.

Last edited:
Kremmling's opening was timely, I70 was closed due to forest fire at Glenwood Canyon so we had to divert north to I80 at Rawlins. Kremmling made that easy. Got ambushed at a supercharger in Wyoming by an EV hater. The conversation started friendly but quickly turned sour. It really caught me off guard and I didn't do a very good job at disabusing him of his positions. In the dozens of discussions I've had at superchargers with non-owners this is the first negative one.

Lakewood, CO
Idaho Springs, CO
Kremmling, CO
Heyburn, ID

Reactions: Big Earl
Kremmling's opening was timely, I70 was closed due to forest fire at Glenwood Canyon so we had to divert north to I80 at Rawlins. Kremmling made that easy. Got ambushed at a supercharger in Wyoming by an EV hater. The conversation started friendly but quickly turned sour. It really caught me off guard and I didn't do a very good job at disabusing him of his positions. In the dozens of discussions I've had at superchargers with non-owners this is the first negative one.

Lakewood, CO
Idaho Springs, CO
Kremmling, CO
Heyburn, ID
I'm curious which supercharger. And how did the conversation go? I'm always leery of those seemingly friendly inquiries, especially if I'm out in bumfuck and it's an older white guy. No offense, to older white guys, but it is literally always an older white guy lol.

View attachment 575434

We picked up Hank the other day. This was taken at the Kettleman City Supercharger where we stopped for some juice and to let the pup sniff about and do his business.

I hope he wants to be a travel companion when he is older.

Many of you said that you just pull off the highway in some remote location to grab 40 winks. How do you accomplish this? Do you put the rear seats down and crawl into the rear hatch? Do you recline the passenger seat and try to sleep? I've tried both methods when trying to grab a little shut-eye, and both are extremely uncomfortable. Then there is the problem of taking a shower every other day (maybe grab a motel).

Hank is a beagle, and they are not known to be mellow dogs. Quite the contrary, they lead with their noses and suffer no fools once they pick up a scent.
Lots of dog miles. Macy loves when I sleep across the back seat and she lies alongside in the footwell. Works well for catnaps under 3 hours, but then the legs start to cramp up. I have a foam mattress for the back for my “overnight” stops which usually are 3-4 hours long since I try to nap some at chargers during the day. The 3 charges so much faster than the S, it’s harder to accomplish without gaming idle fees. As to showers, I’ll do a truck stop if I don’t have a friend/relative stop. Don’t judge, but I’ve found that 5 days is the outside limit for bathing while on the road. Like most, I was a daily showerer during work a day life, but many have found in the days of lockdown that days start to merge and one can’t quite remember when those last ablutions were:)

Don’t judge, but I’ve found that 5 days is the outside limit for bathing while on the road. Like most, I was a daily showerer during work a day life, but many have found in the days of lockdown that days start to merge and one can’t quite remember when those last ablutions were:)
Note to self - when taking room reservations for Tesla travelers, check if they're on the Supercharger Trail and consider assessing an additional cleaning fee. :eek::D:oops:;)

The following are some changes I plan to make to Tableau somewhat soon. The workbook is getting quite heavy and is causing some problems when I edit. The following pages will free up some RAM/processing to ease the burden a bit and can be undone in part or in whole if needed. Please let me know if you have any concerns with the proposed approach:
  1. Blank any map where the competitor has not been active in over a year. That is currently 19 competitors. I'll leave "The RosieHeart", which makes for 18 to be removed. See below. Their tabs will remain but there won't be anything on the tabs. I'll push the tabs out to the far right where all of the flotsam is located. This will not impact any other visualizations, like the one below. Are there any of these that y'all think we should keep besides The RosieHeart?
  2. Blank the "cleared states" worksheets. I think there are about three or four of them. They are kinda neat but are a bit superfluous. Again, the tabs will remain but will be pushed out to the far right beyond ZBB.

upload_2020-8-13_17-13-50.png

I'm curious which supercharger. And how did the conversation go? I'm always leery of those seemingly friendly inquiries, especially if I'm out in bumfuck and it's an older white guy. No offense, to older white guys, but it is literally always an older white guy lol.
It was in Rock Springs, at the White Mountain Mall and yup....it was an old white guy. I saw him walk across the parking lot and even though there were two other cars charging with drivers out of the cars, he headed right for me (maybe because I "look" like a libral). He starts out with the usual questions, how far can you go?, how often do you stop? and then the question that got things going, how much do you pay to charge? Since I have FLUSC I said "I dont pay anything but......" OWG interrupts. and we're off

OWG: Who pays for the electricity then? My tax dollars?
ME: No, Tesla pays for the elec... OWG interrupts.
OWG: They installed chargers at the garage down town and I paid for them with my taxes, who payed for these? My Taxes?
ME: Well, Tesl.....OWG, interrupts
OWG: My taxes are paying so you guys can drive around in these fancy cars. How do you pay your road tax?
ME: Part of my car registration and in Oregon they have a payroll ta.......OWG interrupts
OWG: See I'm paying for you to drive on my roads.

At that point I unplugged, said have a nice day, and drove away.

P.S. Also at some point in the conversation he said something about the Mall paying for the chargers and so he was paying for them in higher prices at the mall.

one month into the trip and I got 7000 miles. Didn't catch as many new superchargers because I had driven in those states before. I really regret going through the south in the summer.

firstMonth.jpg

Funny about the anti EV story. In my 6 years in a Tesla I had all kinds of people come up to me, no one was ever negative about EVs. Most had no opinion, they were just curious.

My tax dollars?
Public funds (taxes) have always been used to promote public policy - tax funding of EVs through govenment subsidies is not a new concept. The subsidies don't come from chargers (well, except for the VW settlement) - they come more from various rebates/tax incentives from the federal and state governments.
Malls and businesses that pay to install chargers (usually L2) may pass those costs on to the general consumer if they can - perhaps they feel they are providing a premium service and can get premium prices as a result.

Public funds (taxes) have always been used to promote public policy - tax funding of EVs through govenment subsidies is not a new concept. The subsidies don't come from chargers (well, except for the VW settlement) - they come more from various rebates/tax incentives from the federal and state governments.
Malls and businesses that pay to install chargers (usually L2) may pass those costs on to the general consumer if they can - perhaps they feel they are providing a premium service and can get premium prices as a result.
All valid points however he wasn't interested in discussing the nuances of EV charger infrastructure financing.

Back home. Had to make a final course adjustment because Baker City was completely down due to someone stealing the main breakers out of the power distro cabinet. Instead of charging to nearly full at Baker and cutting across eastern and central Oregon like I usually do, I had to charge to near full at Boise and head straight for Pendleton.

7800 Miles, 12 days driving, 650 Miles a day, 61 new superchargers, 290 Wh/mi

Screenshot 2020-08-13 at 9.52.00 PM - Edited.png