Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all, just caught up on my favorite thread in these forums. Might be the long day, but I swear there was something about an excommunicated nun and a chainsaw somewhere in there.

Anyway, doubled my count since last time:

Basking Ridge NJ - Oct 10
Tannersville PA - Oct 18

Sorry to hear about your software woes. I'm a pretty high end software guy who's been stuck in a codeless managerial role for three years while my teams have all the fun. Longest time I've gone without coding for 30+ years. Miss it badly.

Anyway, I'm open to a string of weekends worth of work to do the full deal ... custom iOS/Android apps (React Native) and web app (React) with real-time integration with whatever you all want (gmaps, supercharger.info, this forum, etc). I have some underused AWS instances lying around which could scale to 100s/1000s of users, with basically the same power as ... Netflix? ;)

Best of all, you could all design the app you want... custom everything. Keep it lean and build out fun goals, filters, social stuff, etc.

And just for fun, no money, no advertising, no patreon or anything. Legally I can't do that anyway. Open source is only option.

Anyway, just a thought. Don't want to steal anyone's thunder. It's just really very easy for me to do this stuff. I make name-brand highly scalesble/configurable apps all the time and it's not much fun. But having a reason to obsess more about my Tesla. That's a win.

Again, don't want to diminish anyone's efforts or wade in and make noise.

So my count now shows 65+1 for some reason…even though all my visits are in the US. What’s that about?

Also I see some people (while being correctly ordered) are missing their rank in the first column.

@theflyer any ideas?
Fixed. We used to allow non-date entries for visits since when we converted from the wiki we did not have visit dates for everyone. So while the spreadsheet "looked" like you had no entries besides the US, there was one entry that was a "space" (vs empty cell) that our formula picked up as a visit.

Reactions: lensovet
Anyway, I'm open to a string of weekends worth of work to do the full deal ... custom iOS/Android apps (React Native) and web app (React) with real-time integration with whatever you all want (gmaps, supercharger.info, this forum, etc). I have some underused AWS instances lying around which could scale to 100s/1000s of users, with basically the same power as ... Netflix? ;)

Best of all, you could all design the app you want... custom everything. Keep it lean and build out fun goals, filters, social stuff, etc.

And just for fun, no money, no advertising, no patreon or anything. Legally I can't do that anyway. Open source is only option.

I’m fully aware that 100 stops is overkill for a cross-country jaunt. I would think this hurdle would try to smooth out the charging speed differences among models and focus more on route planning and efficiencies in driving.

Sure, a Model 3 can grab 15 kWh at a version 3 Supercharger in 5 minutes while a crippled S takes about 12 with a low SOC.

Subtract all time spent charging from the total time. That eliminates any advantage due to charging times. And eliminate minimum charging times at any given station.

Can a participant run the course from East to West instead, using the same end points?

Reactions: cpa
Minor update:

10/5/2020 Anaheim: Katella v3 104
10/14/2020 Hermosa Beach v3 105

I'm not anticipating additions in the near term. I only have 6 other SC's in LA and Orange Counties and three of those are within 3 miles of home. It's not generally worth the hassle to make a charge stop on a trip short enough to get home comfortably. Hermosa (like Malibu last summer) was an opportunistic stop because we were having dinner within walking distance. Anaheim happened when we unexpectedly drove into San Diego County and needed a boost to get back home.

The superfluous stops required in the proposed contest assist the lower range, slower charging cars. In the Raven I got to skip chargers a fair amount on on this summer's 8,500 mile cross country round trip. If you're driving short distances between chargers, you will not be often charging past 150-175 rated miles where the lower range cars become snail-like in charging speed.

Reactions: juliusa
October 23rd

Nevada

Las Vegas-North Premium Outlets

A80B470C-2287-4F4F-B5F9-83FF0FBE041B.jpeg

@theflyer et al., a question and a suggestion...

How often do the new maps get updated? I drove through California 2-3 days ago and none of those superchargers have been removed from my map. Also a new one opened in Palmdale, CA on October 19th and it never got added to my map (though I did notice it on supercharge.info and went and got it anyway). I realize the maps can't get updated until someone enters the visits into the spreadsheet, but that generally happens on a daily basis and the previous maps updated once a day, maybe an extra day lag if someone is slow in posting or entering into the spreadsheet, but no more.

Now a suggestion: I would prefer that the map remember my zoom level and where I have the map centered. Again using my recent trip as an example, I had to zoom in pretty far on both the Bay Area and Southern California when I drove through as many of the superchargers are close together. But every time I went back to the map, it would automatically refresh and zoom out to the full country view and I'd have to do the somewhat laborious zooming and centering process all over again. (FWIW this was also an issue on the previous Tableau maps.)

Now, there could be a few different ways to handle this. One would be to not have the map auto-refresh every time I go back to it after it goes dormant (which I think happens after just a few minutes). Another would be to have it auto-refresh but remember the zooming and centering so you don't have to go through that process again. Perhaps the best, but most complicated would be to have two different refresh buttons, one to refresh but maintain zoom/center and another to refresh and zoom out to full country view. I personally don't really like the auto-refresh. I'd rather control when I refresh as is done on supercharge.info. It's easy enough to remember that you have to refresh just in case something new got added. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. OTOH, I guess I wouldn't mind the auto-refresh as long as it wasn't disruptive as it is now with the zoom out and re-center to the full country map.

Reactions: pdxrajiv

How often do the new maps get updated? I drove through California 2-3 days ago and none of those superchargers have been removed from my map. Also a new one opened in Palmdale, CA on October 19th and it never got added to my map (though I did notice it on supercharge.info and went and got it anyway). I realize the maps can't get updated until someone enters the visits into the spreadsheet, but that generally happens on a daily basis and the previous maps updated once a day, maybe an extra day lag if someone is slow in posting or entering into the spreadsheet, but no more.

Now a suggestion: I would prefer that the map remember my zoom level and where I have the map centered. Again using my recent trip as an example, I had to zoom in pretty far on both the Bay Area and Southern California when I drove through as many of the superchargers are close together. But every time I went back to the map, it would automatically refresh and zoom out to the full country view and I'd have to do the somewhat laborious zooming and centering process all over again. (FWIW this was also an issue on the previous Tableau maps.)

Now, there could be a few different ways to handle this. One would be to not have the map auto-refresh every time I go back to it after it goes dormant (which I think happens after just a few minutes). Another would be to have it auto-refresh but remember the zooming and centering so you don't have to go through that process again. Perhaps the best, but most complicated would be to have two different refresh buttons, one to refresh but maintain zoom/center and another to refresh and zoom out to full country view. I personally don't really like the auto-refresh. I'd rather control when I refresh as is done on supercharge.info. It's easy enough to remember that you have to refresh just in case something new got added. Once you get used to it, it becomes second nature. OTOH, I guess I wouldn't mind the auto-refresh as long as it wasn't disruptive as it is now with the zoom out and re-center to the full country map.
The map hasn't updated since the 19th and more things seem to have changed with the auto-refresh. I've pulled new data. Please check your map. Will dig around later today to see if I can figure out what changed with the auto-refresh settings.

It is fixed. A new thing I was working on caused the whole Tableau data model to break. I've deleted that effort and pushed a new version up. Your map is now showing October visits in California and the Tableau maps should auto-update again.

Sorry to hear about your software woes. I'm a pretty high end software guy who's been stuck in a codeless managerial role for three years while my teams have all the fun. Longest time I've gone without coding for 30+ years. Miss it badly.

Anyway, just a thought. Don't want to steal anyone's thunder. It's just really very easy for me to do this stuff. I make name-brand highly scalesble/configurable apps all the time and it's not much fun. But having a reason to obsess more about my Tesla. That's a win.

Again, don't want to diminish anyone's efforts or wade in and make noise.
If you are serious, this would be great. What we need most is to switch from Google Sheets to a true database design, ideally integrated directly into supercharge.info, which is open source. Will engage on the 3.0 thread.

Reactions: NKYTA