Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't exceed the speed limit!

Well actually, just don't exceed the speed limit unless you want an overflowing mailbox for about a year. They eventually stopped sending me stuff. Now I just have to wait and see if they let me back in next time!
I waited by the mailbox with trepidation after I learned that I was the only one who didn’t know to slow for the Italian speed cameras. Got lucky and only got a bus lane violation in Florence. Accidentally parked on the edge of the old zone right by a camera. Quickly moved and fortunately averted a ticket there. With quickly rising penalties for tardiness and internet “research,” I promptly provided payment info. The car rental also charged hurtful administrative fees for handing over your contact info. Turncoats.

Has anyone driven from Klamath Falls to Reno direct via CA-139 & US 395? Asking for a friend who is a recent Model Y Long Range owner. He says his range is 312 RM, and the distance is 253 miles per Google maps. It looks like something I would attempt given those parameters, although I'm not familiar with the terrain. abetterrouteplanner shows it as doable if you keep your speed under 50, and there are destination chargers at the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Susanville, CA if they were needed. He's talking about doing it later this year, not right now.

Has anyone driven from Klamath Falls to Reno direct via CA-139 & US 395? Asking for a friend who is a recent Model Y Long Range owner. He says his range is 312 RM, and the distance is 253 miles per Google maps. It looks like something I would attempt given those parameters, although I'm not familiar with the terrain. abetterrouteplanner shows it as doable if you keep your speed under 50, and there are destination chargers at the Red Lion Inn & Suites in Susanville, CA if they were needed. He's talking about doing it later this year, not right now.

Seems reasonable in the summer but not the winter. There are level 2 options available in Alturas and Susanville, so it’s doable with little risk of running out.

And yes, you could pass the virus on to someone, but the odds of that happening also go way down.
Actually no, there is zero proof at the moment that any of the vaccines available in the US do anything to slow the spread. Only that they prevent you from having bad symptoms. So the behavior you’ve outlined as you planning on doing would be wildly irresponsible. Don’t forget about the variants – South Africa just stopped administering the AZ vaccine because it was worthless against the variant there.

Then again, I never understood what the big deal about wearing a mask was (people in Asia have been doing it for years), so ‍♂️?

Yeah, we did that route and grabbed some electrons at the Red Lion. I had previously overnighted there years ago cuz it was time to sleep.

I've gone that route a few times and this topic comes up frequently in various threads on the Northwest forum. Susanville, CA is the Clayton, NM of the Northwest to Nevada route :)

My general strategy is to drive carefully until I get to Susanville and then I stop and top off for an hour or so at the Red Lion. I never asked at the front desk, because if they said no, it would have put me in a bad spot :) There's a decent family style pizza restaurant in the same parking lot and there's McDonald's, Starbucks, Subway, and other fast food options within walking distance. Also a Safeway grocery store across the street. Obviously this drive is much easier in summer than winter. There is some elevation change, but nothing unusual, and it's only a net rise of 400 ft in the Klamath Falls to Reno direction. Also, it's only 250 miles to the supercharger in downtown Reno. You must have been routing to the other one.

Bottom line: your friend should check recent Plugshare comments on the Susanville Red Lion HPWCs and maybe look at other backup options along the route (not many), charge to near full at the supercharger, then drive carefully until arriving in Susanville. Then hopefully top off a little there and be back on the road without much hassle.

Last edited:
Actually no, there is zero proof at the moment that any of the vaccines available in the US do anything to slow the spread.
It's still a relatively new virus and these are very new vaccines, so there isn't much in the way of proof of anything. But most experts agree that the vaccines will likely reduce the likelihood of transmission. So much so that you can simply google "will the covid vaccine reduce transmission" and find dozens of articles stating same.

Anyways, maybe I shouldn't have raised the topic here as I don't wish for this thread to get too political. But like I said, I don't plan on masking up for months or even years after getting vaccinated. I do share your concern about the variants however. It's an evolving situation for sure.

Slight variation that I have done twice is Reno to Alturas CA and spend the night in the Niles Hotel which has a Tesla charger. Neat old place with a nice bar. Then drive direct to Bend skipping Klamath falls. A nice way to avoid I-5 and a nice way to reconnect to some quiet rangeland. One morning I started out with fresh coffee and that dry high plains snow wafting across the deserted road, what a great feeling! It’s why we road trip!

Reactions: PLUS EV and tes-s

I have looked at that route in the past and ended up never doing it.
Keeping your speed under 50 the whole time would be really really long, and would likely annoy those behind you.
Definitely not in the winter.
that is a lot of uphill and likely up and down and curvy roads.
My gut says no -- mostly as I don't think I would find it enjoyable at all worrying about charging, or even thinking about charging.
If it was a flatter road might be an easier decision.
Also most of that area is quite sparsely populated so if you get stuck could be a hassle.

As others have said above if you stop and charge up moderately in the middle, that would be fine.

Reactions: tes-s

I drove to Truckee that way in our '14 S85. I stopped at the Red Lion in Susanville for a little over an hour. I have dual chargers so was able to add about 20kWh. I did watch my speed; there is a slight short cut off 139 through Lookout and onto Susanville Road before returning to 139.

Off the top of my head Truckee is about 25 miles farther than Reno from Susanville via California 70, 49, and 89.

I think if his range is 312, he would have real world range of 260-270. It is downhill into Susanville from Canby and again towards Reno. I don't recall the elevation change leaving K-Falls, but would presume that it is fairly flat.

Reactions: JSergeant and tes-s

I did Mt. Shasta to Reno a while back in a 265mi range S85. That's only 226 miles, and cuts the corner almost as well as Klamath.

Reactions: JSergeant and tes-s
I did Mt. Shasta to Reno a while back in a 265mi range S85. That's only 226 miles, and cuts the corner almost as well as Klamath.
Yeah I did this route on my maiden Tesla voyage back in 2016 with an S90D. Of course the Klamath Falls supercharger had not been built yet back then so it was the only option. It is about 40 minutes longer than going through K-Falls though so the difference isn't trivial.

It's been a little quiet in here. You guys feeling okay? :)

When's your next trip?
I could do a loop around and pick up the new ones in Oregon and Washington, but that loop of untouched Superchargers would take me to Great Falls at the top of that loop. I see that it's -27°F, perhaps I'll go NEXT week when it warms up.

2022 should be a different story altogether. I can't wait for 2022.
Yeah! CyberTruck!

Last edited:
Just returned from a short trip to the northeast to see my 3 week old niece. (She told me she loves the X !! :):))

My list of new supercharger visits:

2/11/21:
Claymont, DE Philadelphia Pike
Clarksburg, NJ
Bronx, NY (Bay Plaza Center)
Fairfield, CT Northbound
Madison, CT Northbound
New London, CT
Chestnut Hill, MA
Revere, MA

2/13/21: Decided to take a quick trip out onto the Cape. It was a beautiful day (before the storm):
Wareham, MA
Hyannis, MA
Orleans, MA

2/15/21: After thawing my X (6 inches of snow, with overnight temps of 18 degrees, froze everything!!):
Lisbon, CT
Madison, CT Southbound
Fairfield, CT Southbound
North Stamford, CT
Greenwich, CT Southbound
Glen Mills, PA

Please update the totals for me.

I had an excellent experience with the Watertown MA Service Center. Not planned but needed it. Trying to thaw my X in the early morning of 2/15, I thought I had loosened both windshield wipers from the windshield. Oops. When I attempted to put the wipers in service mode, the right side broke. We decided to drop by the Watertown Service Center on the way out of town, and they immediately worked to replace the broken wiper (it was the blade, and not the arm TG). They replaced the broken wiper blade and would not accept payment (my X is beyond its initial warranty). I was in and out in 20 minutes.

It’s lonely out here

Attachments

• 11E41FB3-3D2A-4B2A-B822-5AA07094FE7A.png
    11E41FB3-3D2A-4B2A-B822-5AA07094FE7A.png
    559.3 KB · Views: 65
It’s lonely out here
Well we didn’t make it very far. We made it 100 miles before a gearbox fluid warning and then limp mode “service required”. I ran over a chunk of ice in the freeway that came off the truck in front, no way to safely avoid it. Might be the cause of this issue. We checked into a motel in middle of nowhere Iowa and I am waiting for the tow to Kansas City. I have no idea how I will get the 5 of us to KC, hopefully they drop off a loaner X (hey I can dream).

2/11/2021
Albert Lea, MN - Happy Trails Lane