Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might want to post the picture in the Craig CO thread: Supercharger - Craig, CO
It is done.
Congratulations on the first! We've been waiting for someone to actually get there since it opened more than a week ago. I scoped it out but the near 600 mile round trip means driving home at "deer-o'clock" (too dangerous where I live) or camping (too cold this time of the year for a thin-blooded fifth generation Hawaiian like me).
Agreed that it's a bit of a drive; 3:48 and 198 miles from Arvada. But I determined that a M3P driver can do it without an intermediate charge, even in 12F temperatures with occasional light snow-pack. (Assuming that you have a 4 hour bladder.) No problems with sneaky deer on this side of the Front Range.

In the "good old days", that would be a long leg, with a 265 max range and just one intervening charger. Now there are four SCs on that route - Kremmling, Silverthorne, Idaho Springs, Lakewood.

With your new SC at Montrose, you have another charging option. Or you could take the route over Grand Mesa, drop by my friend Carol's house in Cedaredge. I had a 50-amp circuit installed in her garage. She might even feed you while you're waiting.

You might want to post the picture in the Craig CO thread: Supercharger - Craig, CO

Congratulations on the first! We've been waiting for someone to actually get there since it opened more than a week ago. I scoped it out but the near 600 mile round trip means driving home at "deer-o'clock" (too dangerous where I live) or camping (too cold this time of the year for a thin-blooded fifth generation Hawaiian like me).

Craig is one of the more obscure and remote locations. But Tesla can't do Kayenta AZ, Alamosa CO, Cortez CO, or Socorro NM? Go figure. Craig will make more sense if Tesla ever puts a Supercharger Station in Vernal UT.
I was starting to think that I might get the first in Craig :)

I’ve also seen several temporary set ups with these no longer unicorn 3 plug installations that give low power output to two accessible cords. I think if they’re just serving a place that is getting a bonafide installation of V3 chargers, you wouldn’t count the location twice.
I agree with this. It counts, but I don't really like the idea of double counting if a permanent supercharger goes in at the same spot eventually (I think that's what's going to happen at Cedar City, UT for example). I guess if they are at the same property with two separate pins, then that is more debatable. What did we end up doing with the malls in Atlanta and San Jose?

We finally made it home last night after 8 days on the road, we had planned for 4. We lost 48 hours in Iowa due to a failed transmission oil pump in the front motor of our 2020 X, I haven’t heard of this issue before. The gap in our route is the 260 mile tow that Tesla arranged to Kansas City, they did a good job in a tough situation. We lost 48 hours trying to detour south around the Texas storms and getting stranded in Little Rock, AR then having to head back north to Kansas and across Colorado and down into Santa Fe.

Return trip summary:
2,844 miles driving, 260 miles on a flatbed.
42.5 hours driving, 14 hours supercharging
67 mph average driving speed
50 mph average travel speed including charging
25% of travel time supercharging
15 new superchargers
439 Wh/mile
Average temp 18 F

Attachments

• BA79883D-F8CD-4499-B19B-6DD07E08E031.jpeg
    BA79883D-F8CD-4499-B19B-6DD07E08E031.jpeg
    243 KB · Views: 56
  • A67B34AA-826D-48F3-82AE-2995C77C5082.jpeg
    A67B34AA-826D-48F3-82AE-2995C77C5082.jpeg
    155.2 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
It is done.

Agreed that it's a bit of a drive; 3:48 and 198 miles from Arvada. But I determined that a M3P driver can do it without an intermediate charge, even in 12F temperatures with occasional light snow-pack. (Assuming that you have a 4 hour bladder.) No problems with sneaky deer on this side of the Front Range.

I deployed a 24 hour bladder for my last Covid loop west! Not sure if I’m proud or embarrassed :)

@PLUS EV
We made Atlanta a double location as well as San Jose for the valet section.

I agree with this. It counts, but I don't really like the idea of double counting if a permanent supercharger goes in at the same spot eventually (I think that's what's going to happen at Cedar City, UT for example). I guess if they are at the same property with two separate pins, then that is more debatable. What did we end up doing with the malls in Atlanta and San Jose?

The first Lone Tree CO site was marked "Temporary" for three years before the permanent one was built about 500 feet away in the same parking lot. The old one has an actual address: "8401 Park Meadows Center Dr"; the new one just says "Park Meadows Center Dr". This pair sits on the fuzzy line, but made slightly less fuzzy by the fact that both sites were active and existed in the in-car database for a time.

Now we have a "new new" one (Centennial) across the street with a different name and a different address. This one is unquestionably a unique site by any measure.

We made Atlanta a double location as well as San Jose for the valet section.

There are also distinct sites for "Alta Drive" and "Tivoli Village" NV which can be distinguished more by altitude than anything else, although Alta Drive is apparently a valet section. (I missed it when I charged at Tivoli Village because the flags in the map were indistinguishable.)

Reactions: lensovet
FWIW, the tesla rep today said the mobile installation at Culver City, CA will be deployed there every Friday and Saturday through August of this year. So not exactly the same thing as what they deployed in San Luis Obispo during the holidays in years past.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
I feel like this is the unicorn of superchargers lol. Count as a visit? Mobile chargers deployed in Culver City, CA, got their own location and entry on the nav, located on the opposite side of the mall vs the Culver City, CA chargers. The title is "Temporary Charger - Culver City, CA."

First? Haha

FWIW, the tesla rep today said the mobile installation at Culver City, CA will be deployed there every Friday and Saturday through August of this year. So not exactly the same thing as what they deployed in San Luis Obispo during the holidays in years past.

Temporary locations are nice bonus items that add a little twist to the game. I’m all for them. Hopefully they’ll remain archived in supercharge.info after they close.

Speaking of which, should the Culver City temp get added to supercharge.info?

cc: @Chuq @MarcoRP

We finally made it home last night after 8 days on the road, we had planned for 4. We lost 48 hours in Iowa due to a failed transmission oil pump in the front motor of our 2020 X, I haven’t heard of this issue before. The gap in our route is the 260 mile tow that Tesla arranged to Kansas City, they did a good job in a tough situation. We lost 48 hours trying to detour south around the Texas storms and getting stranded in Little Rock, AR then having to head back north to Kansas and across Colorado and down into Santa Fe.

Return trip summary:
2,844 miles driving, 260 miles on a flatbed.
42.5 hours driving, 14 hours supercharging
67 mph average driving speed
50 mph average travel speed including charging
25% of travel time supercharging
15 new superchargers
439 Wh/mile
Average temp 18 F
How did you get to KC with your family while the car was being towed?

Also, did you really think you were going to be able to find a route that went far enough south to avoid the storms?

It is done.

In the "good old days", that would be a long leg, with a 265 max range and just one intervening charger. Now there are four SCs on that route - Kremmling, Silverthorne, Idaho Springs, Lakewood.

With your new SC at Montrose, you have another charging option. Or you could take the route over Grand Mesa, drop by my friend Carol's house in Cedaredge. I had a 50-amp circuit installed in her garage. She might even feed you while you're waiting.
With my short range car (currently about 178 RM) I'd have to make several charge stops each way. I might be able to make Craig from GJ in winter with a 95% charge but that takes about an hour and a half in my car. Easier to do it from Glenwood Springs but extra miles out of the way.

Road trips are WAY more difficult for an S-60, as I have mentioned before.

I've already lost one car to the deer migration corridor between Ridgway and Montrose; it is difficult to drive that route this time of the year and NOT see deer carcasses and splat marks on the road. So, no driving at "deer-o'clock" for me; the problem is being blinded by the headlights of oncoming cars, I can't avoid what I can't see! I just paid off my car loan and my S-60 is my only car. Not worth it.

I'll wait a few weeks until the weather warms up above freezing and I can camp comfortably. Island Acres State Park on the Colorado River is a favorite of mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: NKYTA and Big Earl
How did you get to KC with your family while the car was being towed?

Also, did you really think you were going to be able to find a route that went far enough south to avoid the storms?
Getting to KC was a huge hassle. Tesla offered the usual Uber credits and Enterprise rental. The problem was Uber doesn’t serve Williams, IA and Enterprise didn’t have any cars in 5 cities nearby that I called. And even if they did they wouldn’t be able to deliver it to me. No taxis. We were really hosed. Thankfully I have family in Iowa, my cousin found one of the few cars in Iowa at the Des Moines airport and brought it up. I even considered buying a used car to make the trip. I asked if Tesla could flatbed the X back to us and was told no, but perhaps they would have if I pushed hard.

Regarding the storms, I hoped to cross Texas after the first storm on the southern route. We would drive straight through without stopping at a hotel. I didn’t foresee the power problems and full hotels that added risk and reduced margin for issues. Now of course I wish we would have headed west after seeing my brother in MO.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
I seem to remember that when Elon discovered that it was hard to sell the AWD Teslas based on better traction he turned to trying to convince us that we should get them so that if one of our motor assemblies failed we still had another one and we wouldn't get stranded. That sounded like a good strategy if it was true, but it sounds like you have to be towed if you lose one.

We pilots often say a twin engine airplane has twice the likelihood of engine failure as a single engine plane

I seem to remember that when Elon discovered that it was hard to sell the AWD Teslas based on better traction he turned to trying to convince us that we should get them so that if one of our motor assemblies failed we still had another one and we wouldn't get stranded. That sounded like a good strategy if it was true, but it sounds like you have to be towed if you lose one.

We pilots often say a twin engine airplane has twice the likelihood of engine failure as a single engine plane

It depends on which part of the motor fails. In this case, it was the drive unit’s oil pump. Since the gear set is rotating anytime the vehicle is moving, the oil pump is a critical component.

If some propulsion component had failed but the oil pump still worked, the car could have been driven on one motor.