Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
SoS Trip Day 53 - the last day

No new Superchargers to report. We're safely back home. The traffic today wasn't too bad, but in the afternoon, the Superchargers were the busiest I've seen on the East Coast.

Cambridge, OH (9:38 am) showed on the Nav as 'Reduced Service'. In fact 4 of the Superchargers are working and accessible, but 4 are behind a fence due to remodeling of the Sheetz. Tesla really needs some clearer messaging on the Nav. 2 other Teslas charging when we arrived, so started paired, but one left and I moved to the unpaired charger.

Washington, PA (11:16 am) - only 1 other Tesla charging.

Somerset, PA (1:00 pm) - 4 of six occupied when we arrived. Started off paired and only getting about 55 kW, then the other car moved and we got some faster charging for a few minutes before another Tesla arrived. It was frustrating to see that the Somerset - North Service Plaza, PA, only 2 miles away as the crow flies, but a 70 miles drive to get there, only had 2 of 8 V3 chargers occupied. The charging was so slow that we decided to head to Breezewood rather than wait for enough range to reach Carlisle, hoping that since Breezewood had 8 chargers there might be more chance of an unpaired charger.

Breezewood, PA (2:12 pm) - I'd forgotten why I don't like Breezewood. The intersections and traffic lights in front of the Sheetz are absurd - it's like a 10 minute wait for each change of lights, and of course today the traffic was horrendous. There was one available charger when we got there (one was blocked by a large SUV/pick up truck!). We were charging at about 55 kW again. Then our paired companion left and we speeded up to 108 kW. We had been wondering how we were going to get back out of the Sheetz parking lot, as there was a long line of cars, mainly ICE's waiting to get out at each change of the light, with Tesla's trying to force their way into the line. Amazingly, at one of the green light changes, the whole line waiting to get out cleared the light. I jumped out of the car, unplugged and got to the head of the line before it built up again. The drama was not over yet though. Some frustrated minivan driver decided to exit Sheetz from the incoming lane, trying to do a 'right on red' from there in front of me - a gutsy move. I thought he was going to block me from exiting when the light changed, as he only started moving when my light turned green. I gave him a blast of the horn and he cleared out of the way.

Reminder to self (and others) - avoid Breezewood like the plague on holiday weekends.

Carlisle, PA (3:32 pm) - this was intermittently showing as 'short wait' as we drove towards it. 1 of 8 was free when we got there, but soon thereafter there were 2 Teslas waiting for a spot. Fortunately our paired companion was a California Model 3 who must have been doing a full charge, because after a while our charging rate went up to the high 90 kW's even though he was still plugged in. Rather than wait until we had enough charge to make it home, we decided to stop in Allentown as that seemed to consistently show 5 of 8 in use.

Allentown, PA (5:21 pm) - there were 2 slots open. We just needed a 7 minute top-up to make it home.

Here's a map of the whole trip and a summary of the charging stats. As the title suggests, we were traveling for 53 days. We covered 17,842 miles and had 220 Supercharger sessions. I added 140 new Superchargers.

Time to rest up for a few days. :)

SoS Whole Trip.JPG
SoS Whole Tripb.JPG
SoS Whole Tripc.JPG

Reminder to self (and others) - avoid Breezewood like the plague on holiday weekends.
What a trip! Can't wait to do one like that. Soon.

As for your statement above, it is wrong. Remove the "on holiday weekends" and it'll be accurate. Compounding the horribleness of Breezewood is that Sheetz is in the worst possible location in the town.

One of the most memeable cities in the country. A good overview, including background on one of the most iconic photographs: is here: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Nor is the photo’s composition a lucky accident. Edward Burtynsky is a famous photographer, the subject of a New Yorker profile whose work is in the Guggenheim. He took the picture in 2008, as part of a project called Oil that became a book of the same name.

1625542900317.png

Ah yes, the Breezewood we all know and love… er, loathe. ;)

We ran into some busy Superchargers today, as well. Maumee showed as full in the early afternoon so we went to Toledo, instead. Toledo only had three other cars so we charged there and took Route 2 rather than the turnpike. Strongsville and Sheffield were both showing as very busy, usually with only two or three chargers available. By the time we made it to Strongsville, there were three stalls available. By the time we left, two cars were waiting. North Huntingdon was uneventful around sunset and Breezewood had four cars charging when we arrived at 9:45.

The trick to Breezewood is to enter and exit from the entrance that doesn’t have the traffic light. The light leaving the parking lot is a *sugar* show most of the time, especially when it’s busy.

As I tweeted earlier today, the Ohio Turnpike really needs Superchargers at at least three of the service plazas. Having to get on and off to charge is obnoxious. Get with the program, Ohio. :rolleyes:

8CFDEB85-AD15-4D72-9105-EA9A732A6C35.jpeg

Strongsville, OH at 5:30 PM. A very red, white and blue selection of cars.

Last edited:
Decided to get the San Francisco ones today that I've been avoiding figuring it would be a good day to go into the city during the holiday. I was partially right. The city and the rest of the Bay Area had very light traffic today but I80 getting there was another story. 4 hours to go from Sacramento to San Francisco.
San Francisico-Van Ness CA
San Francisico-Geary CA
San Bruno CA
Sunnyvale-S Bernardo CA
San Jose-Westfield Oakridge CA
Brentwood CA

What a trip! Can't wait to do one like that. Soon.

As for your statement above, it is wrong. Remove the "on holiday weekends" and it'll be accurate. Compounding the horribleness of Breezewood is that Sheetz is in the worst possible location in the town.

One of the most memeable cities in the country. A good overview, including background on one of the most iconic photographs: is here: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Nor is the photo’s composition a lucky accident. Edward Burtynsky is a famous photographer, the subject of a New Yorker profile whose work is in the Guggenheim. He took the picture in 2008, as part of a project called Oil that became a book of the same name.

View attachment 681786
I never noticed that the interstate goes on to surface streets in this town. Probably because the only time I've been there was to visit the supercharger :)

Reminds me of a drive to Yellowstone when I was a kid and there was still a stoplight on I-90 in Wallace, Idaho. At the time it was the last stoplight on Interstate 90. This would have been in the early 90s. They routed around it a few years later. You can read about it on the Wallace, ID wiki page if you are curious.

I stated a few days ago that I didn't think there was 1000 miles left in my trip to push me over the 100K mark in my car...well, I should never underestimate my ability to increase the distance travelled just to get a few extra chargers. With the combination of stops that I made today I reached that milestone on the way home.

1625570351695.png

I did avoid the need to get off the Ohio Turnpike by charging up above 80% in Grove City and then making the 200 mile leg all the way across over to Toledo (which is a place I like to charge at anyway as it's the closest charger to home and I can restock on groceries at the Meijer there while the car does its thing).

New chargers added on the return trip (spreadsheet updated already):
Washington, DC - Market Street
Hagerstown, MD - Venture
Somerset, PA
Washington, PA
Pittsburgh, PA
Grove City, PA

Looks like I was going in the opposite direction as some of the other folks on the road today. :)

Sitting at 671 total chargers now... Though I might have to find an excuse to get over to Portage sometime in the very near future.

Waffle House is still somewhat regional. I live far north of the Waffle House Line! I think the furthest north I've ever seen one was southern PA.

I used to say the same thing about the Cracker Barrel Line but it looks like they've been expanding northward quite a bit lately. Was surprised to learn that they are in Oregon. Still I am north of the Cracker Barrel Line for now...
We have one in Portland ME but I was surprised to see it's lower in latitude.

For simple routes, I use the route planner built into supercharge.info. It’s good enough, pretty accurate and very easy to use. For complex routes or to verify how efficiently I’ve planned something, I import data into an app called Road Warrior. It’s expensive at $10/mo, but is the best “traveling salesman” route planner I’ve come across, and I’ve been looking for years. I only use ABRP for long distances between chargers or when heading into bad weather. I find the interface and layout a little busy for playing around with route drafting.

I find overplanning to be neither helpful nor fun. I generally like to sketch up a few options, get an idea for approximately how far I can get per day, then hop in the car and take it day by day, reserving hotel rooms or finding places to stay as I go. Sometimes I’ll seek out hotels with destination charging In advance... it really depends on the trip.

Sorry, I know I answered a lot of questions that nobody asked, but I figured context might be beneficial.

Helpful to me. Planning the next tier of functionality for chargeweave. These are solvable problems. Good progress so far on my week off.

Reactions: Big Earl
Try both app and web? It was cumbersome at first, but I love the settings where you can control departure SOC, target arrival SOC, minimum supercharger arrival SOC, efficiency (to adjust for wind and cold), battery degradation,... the list goes on. Easy to add multiple waypoints including return home, drag and drop to change the order, etc. I am hooked
All, let me know what you like most about trip planning. Prioritizing.

Game rule clarification now that my wife has started playing. Says only driver >50% gets credit. Starting from where? What's the spirit of the rule?

Examples ... I Drive to SC-A (50 miles), then SC-B (10 miles). She drives back to SC-A (same 10 miles) Do we both get SC-A? Do people double back for dual credit?

Even stranger. My sister lives a few miles from a SC. We filled up multiple times there. If my wife had driven once, does that count?

Another edge case. No actual destination in between. I drive to SC, we drive to a parking lot a mile away, she drives back. Still count?

Extreme edge case (I'm a programmer). Seven people drive a Y to a SC. They each take turns backing up 100 feet and charging to get seven credits. Pretty sure this violates spirit of rule. So where is the line?

Not trying to game the system... just understand. This could end up in code.

Last edited:
All, let me know what you like most about trip planning. Prioritizing.
I just signed up for Road Trippers as I can do a year of planning up to 150 stops, but my summer trip is even MORE than 150 chargers so it didn't really help me plan the best approach and departure so it's really just going to be me driving around and stopping when I see a charger. Perhaps that's all anyone gets. Would be nice to select a group of chargers to visit and get it auto-routed. I had to select them in Tableau and then type each location into Road Trippers.

Game rule clarification now that my wife has started playing. Says only driver >50% gets credit. Starting from where? What's the spirit of the rule?

Examples ... I Drive to SC-A (50 miles), then SC-B (10 miles). She drives back to SC-A (same 10 miles) Do we both get SC-A? Do people double back for dual credit?

Even stranger. My sister lives a few miles from a SC. We filled up multiple times there. If my wife had driven once, does that count?

Last edge case. No actual destination in between. I drive to SC, we drive to a parking lot a mile away, she drives back. Still count? How about other side of mall and back.

Not trying to game the system... just understand. This could end up in code.
Yes on the first one.
Yes on the second.
No on the third, unless she starts out the next leg of the trip the next morning, IMO.

Sadly did not have any free superchargers near me lol for weekend unless I want to drive 40+ miles out.
Not sure if everyone knows, but not only was there free Supercharging this holiday, but free Sea to Sea Electrify America charging. Every station is free until midnight tonight PT. Not fast like Supercharging, but it doesn't drain resources from our favorite company either and you don't have to use up all the free power just to get to a free charger. I have been free charging in my home town on EA this weekend.

You jinxed it. Now Tesla is going to open up new superchargers in Colorado and Arizona next week.
Yup, I jinxed it. Checked Tableau last night, and there it was: "Silverthorne - Ruby Ranch Rd, CO". I'm calling a "first charge", unless some spoil-sport wants to cut in. Warning: I-70 is almost continuous stop-and-go from Silverthorne to Idaho Springs due to 4th-of-July homeward bound traffic. (Spreadsheet updated)
1625596653991.png

Reactions: DavidB
We have one in Portland ME but I was surprised to see it's lower in latitude.
It's a recurring theme in pub trivia questions (at least around here). Furthest north NBA team (RIP Sonics!), furthest north MLB team (this one was better when the Expos were still in Montreal), furthest north state capitol in the lower 48, etc. Even in Seattle, people are fooled! How US maps are presented might have something to do with it. Also the weather! Seattle is actually further north than the northern tip of Maine.