Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Must be a terminology thing, but what's the problem with "parkways"?
Merritt Parkway, Wilbur Cross Parkway, Hutchinson River Parkway, Saw Mill Parkway, Taconic Parkway, Southern State Parkway, Northern State Parkway, Garden State Parkway are a bunch around here.

Generally cars only - no commercial vehicles or trailers. Some allow buses.

If you are towing a trailer it is important to be able to get a route that avoids these roads - most places I go around here the nav will route me on a parkway.

I'd move that slightly forward. Looks like the weight isn't properly distributed:
• 60% of the load needs to be in front of the trailer axle. If too much weight is at the back, the trailer can swing out and you lose control of your vehicle.
Load_Weight_on_Trailer_60-40.jpg

• Another approach (same issue): Tongue weight should be no less than 10% and no more than 15% of the gross trailer weight.

^ I would guess that more golfers are struck by lightning than hikers, but that's little solace if one is unlucky enough to be hit.

Or you could be former Major League pitcher Ray Caldwell. He pitched 8 2/3 innings in Cleveland when lightning struck him while on the mound. After coming to, he got the 27th out and a complete game against Connie Mack and Philadelphia. And seventeen days later, he pitched a no-no against the Yankees.

Sprinter works on the Merritt - less than 8ft tall and under 7500 gvw.. Needs combo plates (not commercial).

Trucks are always wandering on to the parkways and hitting the bridges, which are quite low.
I cannot believe how low some of those bridges are. Nor can I believe how narrow the lanes get sometimes during construction, though I suppose that is a product of trucks not being allowed on these "parkways." Still, it is unnerving to only have about 12" on each side of my car. I definitely don't trust autopilot in that spot even though it probably drives better than I do the vast majority of the time.

My best guess is these highways being built with such low bridges is a product of 19th century planning. By the time they started to develop highways further west, they thought better of having bridges with 9'6" clearances :)

I cannot believe how low some of those bridges are. Nor can I believe how narrow the lanes get sometimes during construction, though I suppose that is a product of trucks not being allowed on these "parkways." Still, it is unnerving to only have about 12" on each side of my car. I definitely don't trust autopilot in that spot even though it probably drives better than I do the vast majority of the time.

My best guess is these highways being built with such low bridges is a product of 19th century planning. By the time they started to develop highways further west, they thought better of having bridges with 9'6" clearances :)
That's part of it, but also according to Robert Caro's biography of Robert Moses (who was responsible for building many of the NY area parkways), The Power Broker,

Caro reveals that Moses ordered his engineers to build the bridges low over the parkway to keep buses from the city away from Jones Beach—buses presumably filled with the poor blacks and Puerto Ricans Moses despised. The story was told to Caro by Sidney M. Shapiro, a close Moses associate and former chief engineer and general manager of the Long Island State Park Commission.

Although this author disputes that somewhat:

btw The Power Broker is a fascinating read or listen - the audiobook is just over 60 hours - I listened to it on one of my trips down the East coast to Florida.

So before my big road trip this year I planned on doing some planning (yes, planned on planning, never works out) and one tool I signed up for (and haven't used) was Roadtrippers.com. Yesterday they sent me an email saying "Find more than 30,000 electric vehicle charging stations using Roadtrippers!" So I thought I would check it out. I didn't wanna look at the ones I can't use so I searched for 'supercharger' and it brought back chargers with photos in Yuma AZ, Vacaville CA, Rockford, IL, Springfield OR, Farmington NM, JFK NY, Somerset PA, Rapid City SD, Moab UT, Triadelphia WV and many others that I haven't been to yet.

A bunch of them have the boilerplate description of:

“The fuel of tomorrow”​

Tesla Superchargers represent the most advanced charging technology in the world, capable of charging Model S 16x faster than most public charging stations. We will soon roll out 120 kW Superchargers, which are 33% faster than our current version and can replenish half a charge in as little as 20 minutes, for free. It works by delivering DC power directly to the battery using special cables that bypass onboard charging equipment. Select stations utilize canopies covered with solar panels to offset energy use and provide shade. Over the next few years, we plan to cover more stations in sunny locales with solar canopies as part of our commitment to the environment. A properly equipped Model S can charge for free at any Supercharger once enabled, unlike gas stations that require you to pay for each fill-up. Supercharging is included in every Model S with an 85 kWh battery, and can be added to any 60 kWh Model S for $2,000, or $2,500 if enabled after delivery. Simply pull up and plug in, take a quick bathroom or food break, and get back on the road.

And all of the photos are of the style of Superchargers that goes with that description:

place_image-image-bb6466b0-ac13-49f1-94e0-e589374d6820.jpg

place_image-image-e505348b-c10d-40fe-b8fd-341ed6a81549.jpg

1630592765849.jpeg

How is it they are sending this out as a NEW thing, yesterday?? Seems like they are showing their LACK of up-to-dateness (new word). It would be a walk down memory lane if I had EVER seen these chargers before. Hopefully they tickle someone's memory here.

Last edited:
Reactions: DavidB and Big Earl
So before my big road trip this year I planned on doing some planning (yes, planned on planning, never works out) and one tool I signed up for (and haven't used) was Roadtrippers.com. Yesterday they sent me an email saying "Find more than 30,000 electric vehicle charging stations using Roadtrippers!" So I thought I would check it out. I didn't wanna look at the ones I can't use so I searched for 'supercharger' and it brought back chargers with photos in Yuma AZ, Vacaville CA, Rockford, IL, Springfield OR, Farmington NM, JFK NY, Somerset PA, Rapid City SD, Moab UT, Triadelphia WV and many others that I haven't been to yet.

“The fuel of tomorrow”​

Tesla Superchargers represent the most advanced charging technology in the world, capable of charging Model S 16x faster than most public charging stations. We will soon roll out 120 kW Superchargers, which are 33% faster than our current version and can replenish half a charge in as little as 20 minutes, for free. It works by delivering DC power directly to the battery using special cables that bypass onboard charging equipment. Select stations utilize canopies covered with solar panels to offset energy use and provide shade. Over the next few years, we plan to cover more stations in sunny locales with solar canopies as part of our commitment to the environment. A properly equipped Model S can charge for free at any Supercharger once enabled, unlike gas stations that require you to pay for each fill-up. Supercharging is included in every Model S with an 85 kWh battery, and can be added to any 60 kWh Model S for $2,000, or $2,500 if enabled after delivery. Simply pull up and plug in, take a quick bathroom or food break, and get back on the road.

And all of the photos are of the style of Superchargers that goes with that description:

View attachment 704320

View attachment 704321

View attachment 704322

How is it they are sending this out as a NEW thing, yesterday?? Seems like they are showing their LACK of up-to-dateness (new word). It would be a walk down memory lane if I had EVER seen these chargers before. Hopefully they tickle someone's memory here.

Wow! That's a blast from the past. Their info is >5 years out of date at this point. I actually found their customer service people to be fairly responsive during my brief experience with their service (I cancelled because their traveling salesman feature wasn't really up to snuff). You might steer them toward a more recent description of the network.

“The fuel of tomorrow”​

View attachment 704320

View attachment 704321

View attachment 704322

I believe those are v1 pedestals and I want to say they were 90kW max? Someone can correct me if I am wrong. I remember seeing a few of those in my early days playing this game back in 2016 and 2017. Not sure if I've seen any since then. I think I might have seen 1 or 2 of them in Europe actually. Those all sort of blend together.

Reactions: DavidB and Big Earl
We got our S85 late May 2014. I took off one week later for Denver. I took the direct route from home to Tejon Ranch, then backtracked through Arvin to SR 58 and Barstow, downtown Las Vegas, hypermiled up the hill to a motel at Cedar City that had eight 14-50 plugs, charged overnight, and then hit the usual suspects across Utah and Colorado. I returned via central and southern Colorado using public charging to Moab, Blanding, Flagstaff, Kingman, Barstow, back down to Tejon Ranch before heading home.

They were all limited to 90kW. But the style resembled what Randy posted, not the example in the above photo. None of the stalls were illuminated. I think--emphasis on think--that the illuminated stalls were the version 2 and Tesla methodically replaced the version 1 stalls over a year or so, starting in late 2014.

With regards to solar canopies, Tejon Ranch had one. I think Tesla added one to Barstow around 2015 when they expanded Barstow from four to eight. But I don't recall any other locations with solar panels.

Them were the days when encountering a fellow Teslan on the road we would flash our high beams as we passed. I think I Supercharged seventeen times at fourteen different locations during the trip. I recall seeing maybe two others at the Superchargers! Nowadays, I see Teslas continually. And unless I am Supercharging late at night or early in the morning, there is always at least one other car present.

My how have things changed in seven short years!