Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Inyokern is showing two addresses. 1353 Brown Road and 6525 Inyokern Road (new one).
Are we treating these as two separate unique locations? Similar to Beaver, UT in that they are essentially in the same parking lot, only a few feet distance between each other?

Edit: sorry reacted too quickly before @Big Earl posted. I guess we will have to wait to see if Tesla put two pins on the nav or Find Us

Inyokern, CA - Locust Avenue (first)

(Rivian DCFC cabinets in the background)

@Big Earl I only count 16 superchargers in Inyokern (4 of the 12 V3s also are not active yet). Where are the other 16?

Attachments

• 20210908_122554.jpg
    20210908_122554.jpg
    261.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 20210908_122440.jpg
    20210908_122440.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 36
Inyokern beats Kettleman City for highest Supercharger density by population.

Inyokern has 32 Superchargers and a population of 696 (1 for every 21.75 people) while Kettleman has 40 Superchargers and a population of 1,136 (1 for every 28.4).

What about Baker, California?

The 2010 census shows 735 people. I cannot find the 2020 decennial census, but one site estimated that the population had dwindled to 721. If we divide 735 by the forty stalls, my arithmetic shows 18.375. If we use 721, the quotient is 18.025.

Then we gotta consider the Firebaugh location, orphaned out there on lonely Interstate 5. The actual town of Firebaugh is quite distant; it is named as such because likely the zip code for mail routes through Firebaugh. I would guess that a circle with a 2 1/2-mile radius from the Supercharger would reflect fewer than 150 souls living out there. Mostly farm workers in labor camps.

Reactions: Big Earl
I'd like to learn from those that have spent considerable time on the road about the best methods for getting hotels. It looks like my "retirement" will happen at the end of the year -- though I'm still struggling to internalize that as a real thing -- and one of the goals is to do a lot of supercharger hunting. While I might just sleep in the car some of the time, staying at hotels or AirBnBs is going to be much more common. My normal MO has been to just open Priceline and grab something wherever I am at that moment. I'm wondering if there are other ways to leverage loyalty cards or other tools to save some money or have an improved experience while still not having to reserve weeks or months in advance to get decent rates. Any insights from the road warriors in this group would be much appreciated.

Congrats on your imminent retirement, Flyer!

This is what I sort of do since time is my ally, and likely yours as well. I have the membership cards from Best Western, Hilton, and Marriott. I use them when necessary but not exclusively. There is no real way to leverage loyalty points, and I think you have to reserve your rooms online directly with the chain or with the specific property and indicate that you will be redeeming your points. Not through Priceline or the other online search tools.

I usually plot out my first night, and maybe my second night. After that, I am at the whim of how I feel, how early I rise, how long I have to stop (I have the nerfed SC speeds). So, as the day descends into late afternoon, I look at PlugShare to see if there are motels a reasonable distance away from my current location. I ALWAYS look for properties with destination charging since I can plug in overnight. Or properties with a destination charger nearby at a restaurant or such so I can cadge some electrons while dining and enjoying the local color. This way come morning, if my first SC stop is at a new one, I can plug in and bug out and hit the road. In the alternative, if I am covering old territory, I can bypass old SC until my SOC is in the teens-twenties. Generally this saves me 30-45 minutes of charging early. I also take my UMC because sometimes motels that don't have destination chargers have 120V outlets available. I just ask the front desk if it is OK to plug in. I have a 20A adapter, and 16x120 = 1.9kW. A ten-hour stop overnight can add nearly 20kWh.

I have twice utilized campgrounds with 50A service available. I take an aluminum cot that folds. I sleep in a sleeping bag under the stars while I am plugged in at 40/240. You gotta research the campgrounds though. Some are quite nice, some are dumps. They have showers to get cleaned up. Obviously weather will play a role if selecting this option. Make a reservation and let them know you are car camping. Some forbid car camping, while others have no problem. Again, you'll depart in the morning with a full tank!

What makes campgrounds or destination charging appealing is that the Supercharger highway is sparse on routes that are the most direct between two locations. For example, from Clayton NM to Wichita KS is pretty direct via US56 to Dodge City, and then US400 to Wichita. Using SC, you would have to drop south to Amarillo to I40 then east to Okie City before driving north on I35. There are destination chargers in Dodge City and in Greensburg.

If you make it west, let me know!

For funsies, I was looking at driving to Cancun. There's certainly enough L2 charging between there and the Mexico City area to make it possible, but slow. Is anybody making some actual plans to try to get that first?
I'll never drive in Mexico in a Tesla. Chat with @Bighorn about his experience.

September 8th

South Carolina

St. George (first)
Yemassee (first)

Florida

Jacksonville-Philips Highway
Port Saint Lucie-Florida's Turnpike (first)
West Palm Beach-Palm Beach Outlets
Miami Beach
When did you charge at Port St Lucie? My nav said "reduced service" so I swung by there yesterday afternoon and there was no meter installed yet. Is this site completely functional now? If so, I might slightly alter a trip today to hit it up.

When did you charge at Port St Lucie? My nav said "reduced service" so I swung by there yesterday afternoon and there was no meter installed yet. Is this site completely functional now? If so, I might slightly alter a trip today to hit it up.
"Reduced service" typically means that a site is energized. It may not be running full speeds but at least you could grab a charge.

I charged there at 10pm last night. When I arrived 8 of the 16 stalls were not illuminated so presumably not working. I tried the first illuminated stall and it did not work. I unplugged and re-parked 4 stalls down (presumably a different cabinet) and that one charged at the usual v3 speeds. I didn't try all the other stalls, but from my experience it's safe to say that anywhere from 1-7 stalls were functioning. Most likely 4 stalls (one cabinet) are functioning.

This is a common condition of superchargers labeled "reduced service" so it wasn't particularly surprising to me that some, but not all of the stalls were working. I didn't realize it would be controversial or else I would have documented the charge. I did take one picture, but it doesn't show the green light or my charge screen. But I can assure you that after the first stall didn't work, I sat there and watched the kWs tick up at the 2nd stall to be sure it was working. I did not look around for a meter, but I'd be surprised if I received a charge without a meter being in place. Is that even possible?

FWIW it still shows as Reduced Service in the Nav and app right now.

Reactions: DavidB
"Reduced service" typically means that a site is energized. It may not be running full speeds but at least you could grab a charge.
It's usually either "all stalls working at reduced speeds" or "some stalls working at full speeds while others are out of order." Of course it could be both! Or sometimes the supercharger is working totally fine, but some stalls are inaccessible due to paving or construction.

Reactions: Limited and juliusa