Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things that made these chargers feel more legit to me are that they are recognized on supercharge.info and even when they are not on, they persist on the nav as a temporary closure. I have no idea if they are in any way analogous to the temporary low power three stallers that predated other permanent installations because I don’t know if there’s a permit for V3s here.

I fought against valet spots for years because they cost a lot and have limited availability. The counter argument was that they were simply a higher bar that should count for those who made the extra effort and expense.

One major reason it’s portable is because they need to haul it to Carlsbad to recharge the battery at night.

Last month we discussed this charger and decided to exclude it from the game.
What about adopting a rule that a Supercharger must remain open for some minimum period of time for it to be counted, e.g. 1 year or 2 years or whatever we think appropriate. When a new Supercharger appears it would initially be added to the competition, but if it subsequently closes before the end of the minimum period, it would be removed. I think the main point is to allow enough time for people living anywhere to have a reasonable chance to reach it.

Reactions: Cameron A
What about adopting a rule that a Supercharger must remain open for some minimum period of time for it to be counted, e.g. 1 year or 2 years or whatever we think appropriate. When a new Supercharger appears it would initially be added to the competition, but if it subsequently closes before the end of the minimum period, it would be removed. I think the main point is to allow enough time for people living anywhere to have a reasonable chance to reach it.
One year seems reasonable if we go this route.

What about all the "First!" charges? Would those only count after a year, or would the location get removed from the sheet if it doesn't last a year?
I think the only reasonable way to implement that method would be to count the supercharger until it gets removed, but then if it does get removed, everything associated with that supercharger gets removed from the game (including any Firsts). I'm not necessarily expressing support for this idea. I really have no opinion on whether they get counted or not.

Reactions: StephenBrown2
I think the only reasonable way to implement that method would be to count the supercharger until it gets removed, but then if it does get removed, everything associated with that supercharger gets removed from the game (including any Firsts). I'm not necessarily expressing support for this idea. I really have no opinion on whether they get counted or not.
Me either. Personally I feel that if it has wheels or is on a pallet, it shouldn't count, but I guess there are some that are more permanent than others?

I'll be shocked if any battery trailer Superchargers stick around for more than a year. Seems like a lot of additional work to track these things, especially if Tesla expands this program. My vote is to stick with the status quo of counting temporary locations, but not portable locations.

Reactions: juliusa

I think that is a start. I also think that any listing be open 24/7/365 or parallel with the public access to the location (like if the parking lot closes between 11PM and 7AM).

Two years is probably reasonable.

And, I think that contingent credit should not be awarded. These locations can be subsumed once they meet all criteria or become permanent.

And, just to refresh my memory, why is Laguna Seca included when if I remember halfway correctly, it was only open a few months and not available to anyone and everyone.

Reactions: NKYTA
I think that is a start. I also think that any listing be open 24/7/365 or parallel with the public access to the location (like if the parking lot closes between 11PM and 7AM).

Two years is probably reasonable.

And, I think that contingent credit should not be awarded. These locations can be subsumed once they meet all criteria or become permanent.

And, just to refresh my memory, why is Laguna Seca included when if I remember halfway correctly, it was only open a few months and not available to anyone and everyone.

To clarify, are you suggesting excluding all locations that aren't open 24/7?

What about adopting a rule that a Supercharger must remain open for some minimum period of time for it to be counted
One year seems reasonable if we go this route.
I think the "grid connected" standard generally implements this. It means it is going to be there long enough to justify an electrical hookup and meter, which probably requires some sort of permit and inspections.

There will always be some edge cases that we can discuss and get consensus on. Even if we make inconsistent decisions, at least everyone knows and there are no surprises. "If I had known, I wouldn't have traveled 4 hours out of my way to get there" or "I would have gotten a first if I had known".

Reactions: StephenBrown2
To clarify, are you suggesting excluding all locations that aren't open 24/7?

No. I mean that a location must be available 24/7/365 OR available in parallel with other access. Some parking lots are only open to the public from 7AM to 11PM, for example. Of course those count. But if that same parking lot had a Tesla Temporary Charger available Tuesdays and Saturdays from 3PM to 8PM, then no.

Reactions: Big Earl
No. I mean that a location must be available 24/7/365 OR available in parallel with other access. Some parking lots are only open to the public from 7AM to 11PM, for example. Of course those count. But if that same parking lot had a Tesla Temporary Charger available Tuesdays and Saturdays from 3PM to 8PM, then no.
We are going down a narrow twisting path, at the end of which each contestant will need a lawyer to explain how his claim fits in.

I maintain that if a location is, or ever was, displayed on the nav screen - it's legit. No other rules need apply.

If a temporary charger is replaced by a permanent one, but the flag on the map doesn't change position, it's the same SpC. If the name doesn't change but the location changes (Lone Star CO), it's a new SpC. If the name changes but the pin doesn't, it's the same SpC.

We are going down a narrow twisting path, at the end of which each contestant will need a lawyer to explain how his claim fits in.

I maintain that if a location is, or ever was, displayed on the nav screen - it's legit. No other rules need apply.

If a temporary charger is replaced by a permanent one, but the flag on the map doesn't change position, it's the same SpC. If the name doesn't change but the location changes (Lone Star CO), it's a new SpC. If the name changes but the pin doesn't, it's the same SpC.
It does feel disorienting to have gone to an active map pin as recommended by the car’s navigation system and pretend it never happened. I can’t recall this situation ever arising in all these years. Correct that misperception if I’m misremembering.
I don’t enjoy getting in the weeds on these sorts of minutiae either. We’ve let pins be the arbiter of other illogical conclusions before, especially when it came to adding novel chargers for credit in the exact same parking lot as I was reminded in Beaver yesterday.
I don’t put a lot of credence in “grid connected” because it connotes something that’s neither permanent nor essential for permanence. Several ostensibly non permanent locations include the Aurora Two Brothers brewery site, South Padre Island, and Cedar City. Those funky triplet pedestals with above ground conduit seem particularly transient, yet have all counted. I agree that if a temporary charger that counts morphs into a permanent installation, it should not count twice.
I did not engage in the legislating of these Megapack chargers not only because of the “weeds” aspect, but also because I lacked the data to form an opinion. Now that I’m more well versed, I would have voted to count it. If it were a semi full of pedestals that just shows up to music festivals and Burning Man, not so much. Counting them works against me as they will tend to pop up on the coasts, especially CA, where locals can pick them off a lot easier than I can from 1000 miles away.
Like I said, not a hill worth dying on, but those are my thoughts after 1295 of these crazy things. Or is it 1296? :)

Last edited: