Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
For people traveling through California, this is a good resource for road closures, etc.:

It seems to be updated pretty well. There's also some low-bandwidth, non-graphical representations that are helpful if you're out in the boonies and/or have sketchy mobile data coverage.

Bruce.

Flaky internet where I’m staying and busy days visiting family make it harder to post updates. Added more to the spreadsheet:
  • 12/24: Miami Beach - West Ave, FL
  • 12/26: Ochopee, FL
  • 12/26: Naples - Tarpon Bay Blvd, FL
  • 12/27: Plantation, FL
  • 12/27: Doral, FL - I think this is a first?! There’s still a giant spool of cable or something blocking some of the spaces.
  • 12/28: Pembroke Pines, FL
Total for the trip is now 26, of which I've claimed 20 as primary driver.

Tesla NAV is worse than Google Maps for road closures. I always check Waze if I have any concerns about road closures.

Yeah, that happened to me last winter when Bishop Supercharger opened. From SF I was guided to several of those passes only to find the roadway blocked when I got there. Running out of charge with a Supercharger JUST on the other side of the pass. I called Tesla who said "Don't look at us, we don't collect that data, it's Google", and to be fair, ALL those sites were marked as blocked the VERY next day, but they were marked as blocked in Google THAT day. Your experience shows a year changes nothing.

I just went for a drive around the island using my new Beta SW and not only did it not know about several of our roads being closed to flooding (you should see my town), but the Self Driving kept trying to go that way ANYWAY, sheesh, it was going to sneak between the barriers. Cannot wait for that disengagement to show up at Tesla and see what Dojo makes of it.

Randy is a long-time California resident who (no disrespect, Randy) might have known to challenge Tesla's navigation before setting out on his quest. It is certainly reasonable to assume that modern technology will have current road conditions built into such things. So, one could only imagine if people from other parts of the country who are woefully ignorant of our snowstorms, snow density, avalanches, and other hazards rely upon this navigation only to find out that they are trapped. Fortunately, there are ample Superchargers on Interstate 80 on either side of the summit, US50 is OK with Placerville and South Shore, while Jackson can service 88.

And for Tesla to point fingers is just plain childish.

Reactions: BM3B
For people traveling through California, this is a good resource for road closures, etc.:

It seems to be updated pretty well. There's also some low-bandwidth, non-graphical representations that are helpful if you're out in the boonies and/or have sketchy mobile data coverage.

Bruce.

Yeah, I've been pushing this resource for a couple years now. I don't know what your last sentence means, but will add that users can filter what appears on the screen.

For example, I show chain controls, snow plow activity, road closures, cameras, and message boards. Occasionally there is conflict between the map and the message boards. Then, I go to road conditions and dial into the highways that are of interest to get what the interwebs are reporting. Bear in mind that the road conditions report by highway number is updated about every hour at 45 minutes past the hour. I think the message boards and the QuickMap are more timely.

Yeah, I've been pushing this resource for a couple years now. I don't know what your last sentence means, but will add that users can filter what appears on the screen.

For example, I show chain controls, snow plow activity, road closures, cameras, and message boards. Occasionally there is conflict between the map and the message boards. Then, I go to road conditions and dial into the highways that are of interest to get what the interwebs are reporting. Bear in mind that the road conditions report by highway number is updated about every hour at 45 minutes past the hour. I think the message boards and the QuickMap are more timely.

I was referring to the road conditions report by highway number that you cited above. Sorry I was unclear. For people who haven't used it, it's all text and no graphics.

On a related note I just ran across this, which is topical and timely:

Bruce.

I was referring to the road conditions report by highway number that you cited above. Sorry I was unclear. For people who haven't used it, it's all text and no graphics.

On a related note I just ran across this, which is topical and timely:

Bruce.
It's just as much a CalTrans problem as it is a Google problem. The CalTrans closure data needs to go directly to common navigation apps such as Google and whatever it is iPhone and other cell phones use.

The drivers of course also bear a huge portion of the responsibility. I have some sympathy for people who get caught out on high elevation roads in spring or early fall as it's easy to not realize how high a road goes and that it might be a blizzard at 6,000 ft while it's sunny and mild down at sea level. But if you're driving in the mountains in December, you should know better. Caveat emptor.

Made it to 250 tonight, though no first at Rockingham, since we left an hour and a half later than intended, so no time to go that far out of the way. Looks like nobody else has made it down there yet either, so I'll be trying for a first again on Saturday if it's still unclaimed.

24311:35AM EST12/28/2021Lexington, NC
24412:31PM EST12/28/2021Greensboro, NC
24502:53PM EST12/28/2021Madison Heights, VA
24604:09PM EST12/28/2021Charlottesville, VA
24704:27PM EST12/28/2021Charlottesville, VA - Proffit Road
24805:00PM EST12/28/2021Madison, VA
24906:22PM EST12/28/2021Strasburg, VA
25007:58PM EST12/28/2021Laurel, MD - Van Dusen Road

Spreadsheet updated, and I hope to clear MD again before the Neew Yeeeaaaar!

I've been feeling shame for not re-clearing my home state after two new SCs opened up 1 and 3(!) months ago. So I examined the weather reports, ignored the predictions of snow everywhere for the next five days, and set out. It turned out that the predictions were very much off - almost no active precip except for 20 miles over Monarch Pass, where I was able to confirm that my Hakkapellitta snow tires work just fine thankyouverymuch.

12/25/21 Edwards CO
12/27/21 Mountain Village (Telluride) CO

Took a little drive through Florida, nabbed 700 and picked up Arcadia first while listening to the 9th book of the Expanse Series! Went to the Keys but Marathon had only 3 working and there was a wait. Would have cost too much time and others needed it more than me.

X - fort drum
X - Port St. Lucie - Florida’s turnpike (144)
X - Palm Beach (West Palm Beach)
X - West palm beach - FL turnpike
X - Pompano beach
X - Davie, FL
X - Aventura
X - Miami NE 41st st
X - MiamiBeach - West Ave
X - Miami - SW 7th st
X - Miami - SW 8th st
X - Miami - Mary Brickell village
X - Miami - SW 27th st
X - Miami South Dixie Hwy
X - cutler Bay
X - Florida City
X - Doral
X - Pembroke Pines
X - Ochopee, FL
X - Naples, FL
X - Naples Tampa Bay Blvd
X - Fort Moyers - Dani Drive
X - Arcadia, FL (1st)
X - Sarasota

Back in the saddle again, feels great. I didn’t even mind my fail at Culver City at 3:30am (jet lag), limited hours parking garage with the barrier down. v11 auto wipers kept failing in rain and I am getting a blank main menu half the time when I press the car in my X. It’s fun to have these bugs again! I spent 5 months driving a 2010 Ford Fiesta 1.0 in Brazil, thankfully it was a manual. Happy trails everyone.

12/29/2021
Pasadena, CA - East Glenarm
City of Industry, Gale
Diamond Bar, CA
Brea, CA

Last edited:
I've been feeling shame for not re-clearing my home state after two new SCs opened up 1 and 3(!) months ago. So I examined the weather reports, ignored the predictions of snow everywhere for the next five days, and set out. It turned out that the predictions were very much off - almost no active precip except for 20 miles over Monarch Pass, where I was able to confirm that my Hakkapellitta snow tires work just fine thankyouverymuch.

12/25/21 Edwards CO
12/27/21 Mountain Village (Telluride) CO
You are doing better than I am! I haven't wanted to drive all the way to Denver just to collect that single new station there and clear the state yet again. I've been waiting for a reason to head over that way. Just clearing the state temporarily isn't enough when I need sixty-six more for my next century mark.

Once they open Lamar I may just give up; I have no reason to go there and it's not on the way to anywhere interesting!

Time to go out and shovel my 370 foot driveway, so that it doesn't ice up for the rest of winter.

• Funny
Reactions: PLUS EV and israndy
Time to go out and shovel my 370 foot driveway, so that it doesn't ice up for the rest of winter.
Making me wanna go pace off my driveway, with a 12% max grade I am certain it's more painful in the winter than yours effectively isolating me from my place on weeks like this. If only the snow plow guys would push the snow into the ravine and not UP our drive it would be a little less painful to clear, but who am I kidding, it's my neighbors that do the brunt of the work, I'm just a fair weather resident. A break in the snow tomorrow so I can go up, hope the power comes back on.

IMG_0337.jpeg

Last edited: