Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Making me wanna go pace off my driveway, with a 12% max grade I am certain it's more painful in the winter than yours effectively isolating me from my place on weeks like this. If only the snow plow guys would push the snow into the ravine and not UP our drive it would be a little less painful to clear, but who am I kidding, it's my neighbors that do the brunt of the work, I'm just a fair weather resident. A break in the snow tomorrow so I can go up, hope the power comes back on.

View attachment 749515
@PLUS EV may already have that data😂 #Life360

He and @evp have had their location stuck to on for awhile, fyi.

I was referring to the road conditions report by highway number that you cited above. Sorry I was unclear. For people who haven't used it, it's all text and no graphics.

On a related note I just ran across this, which is topical and timely:

Bruce.

I read the story you referenced, Bruce. What bull$hit from Google. I know zip about computers and programming. But I have to assume that Google merely relies on some software formula and then calls it a day. How much would it cost the almighty Google to have [horrors!] some sort of manual backup and counter checking during the winter months? Instead their spokesperson makes a lazy attempt at rationalizing what they do.

Is this our future? Half-assed computer programs combined with feeble excuses that the ignorant and naive rely upon because it is all that they know how to do?

(Sorry for the rant. But making excuses for poor performance has always struck a nerve. Just man up and admit that we are lazy, and we provide our maps at no cost to the general public, and you get what you pay for. Caveat emptor and all that.)

Stopped by Franklin, MA on my way to the New England group meetup with @Tdreamer at the Warwick location that is still waiting for a transformer.

Neon is a new convenience store chain starting up - 4 locations going to 150. The Warwick and Seekonk locations are at Neon. Their twist seems to be a smaller convenience store, and more limited but upscale food - brick oven pizza, meatball sandwiches, soups. Food was pretty good.

For people traveling through California, this is a good resource for road closures, etc.:

It seems to be updated pretty well. There's also some low-bandwidth, non-graphical representations that are helpful if you're out in the boonies and/or have sketchy mobile data coverage.

Bruce.
For those traveling in Colorado, about half of which is mountains, it is helpful to check the cotrip.org website. In addition to road conditions and closures, it has hundreds of webcams to give a look at actual road conditions.

For example, this is a current picture of US 550 near Silverton CO:

550N07065CAM1RHS-N.jpg

And this is a current picture of US 550 near Red Mountain Pass:

US550076North.jpg

If you want to drive roads in Colorado it is helpful to check conditions first! This road, the "Million Dollar Highway," is famous for narrow sections with no shoulders or guard rails and steep dropoffs into the gorge below (so that avalanches can flow over the road and the snow can be plowed off of the road).

Safe driving!

Making me wanna go pace off my driveway, with a 12% max grade I am certain it's more painful in the winter than yours effectively isolating me from my place on weeks like this. If only the snow plow guys would push the snow into the ravine and not UP our drive it would be a little less painful to clear, but who am I kidding, it's my neighbors that do the brunt of the work, I'm just a fair weather resident. A break in the snow tomorrow so I can go up, hope the power comes back on.

View attachment 749515
That's more snow than I usually get here in dry, sunny Colorado! "Sierra Cement" is also famously heavy.

Reactions: NKYTA

View attachment 749515
My driveway is only about 25' long and I don't even own a shovel. We just wait for it to melt in Seattle, although this week has me regretting that strategy. It's the once a decade full week (or more) of being snowed in.

I actually noticed that none of my neighbors were parked on the street near my driveway last night so I seized the opportunity to try to drive out figuring that if I slid (the last 10' of the driveway is actually pretty steep), I at least wouldn't slide into one of my neighbors' cars. The drive out turned out to be uneventful, but the clearing the 6" of snow and ice off my car took some effort.

The real issue was getting my UMC to disengage from my chargeport. Fortunately my initial diagnosis was correct and it only took me about 10-15 minutes of microwaving a heat pack and then wrapping it around the UMC handle until it thawed out. The "trigger button" on the UMC was frozen stuck and apparently you can't get the pins to disengage without that button working. In hindsight I had noticed some issues with that trigger button in the past so it wasn't a total shock. The days for that UMC may be numbered. For now I'm just being sure to not leave it outside in freezing temperatures. I do have a backup UMC (one of the benefits of totaling a Tesla lol) but I can't easily plug it into the outdoor outlet along with the other thing I have plugged in due to the shape of the adapter. So I'm hoping to keep this one functional for a while longer.

@PLUS EV may already have that data😂 #Life360

He and @evp have had their location stuck to on for awhile, fyi.
My location is stuck on? It doesn't show that way in the app for me. I even just turned it on and then off again to verify. If so, that is a pretty bad bug for the app. Not a huge deal to me but it could be for some people in some situations.

I've noticed evp's location has been on for a while and Randy frequently leaves his location on but I don't see it being on right now.

My driveway is only about 25' long and I don't even own a shovel. We just wait for it to melt in Seattle, although this week has me regretting that strategy. It's the once a decade full week (or more) of being snowed in.

I actually noticed that none of my neighbors were parked on the street near my driveway last night so I seized the opportunity to try to drive out figuring that if I slid (the last 10' of the driveway is actually pretty steep), I at least wouldn't slide into one of my neighbors' cars. The drive out turned out to be uneventful, but the clearing the 6" of snow and ice off my car took some effort.

The real issue was getting my UMC to disengage from my chargeport. Fortunately my initial diagnosis was correct and it only took me about 10-15 minutes of microwaving a heat pack and then wrapping it around the UMC handle until it thawed out. The "trigger button" on the UMC was frozen stuck and apparently you can't get the pins to disengage without that button working. In hindsight I had noticed some issues with that trigger button in the past so it wasn't a total shock. The days for that UMC may be numbered. For now I'm just being sure to not leave it outside in freezing temperatures. I do have a backup UMC (one of the benefits of totaling a Tesla lol) but I can't easily plug it into the outdoor outlet along with the other thing I have plugged in due to the shape of the adapter. So I'm hoping to keep this one functional for a while longer.

Are you able to unlock the charge port from your Tesla app or from the touch screen in the car? That should work even if your UMC button is stuck.

Reactions: Shesmyne2"
I read the story you referenced, Bruce. What bull$hit from Google. I know zip about computers and programming. But I have to assume that Google merely relies on some software formula and then calls it a day. How much would it cost the almighty Google to have [horrors!] some sort of manual backup and counter checking during the winter months? Instead their spokesperson makes a lazy attempt at rationalizing what they do.

Is this our future? Half-assed computer programs combined with feeble excuses that the ignorant and naive rely upon because it is all that they know how to do?

(Sorry for the rant. But making excuses for poor performance has always struck a nerve. Just man up and admit that we are lazy, and we provide our maps at no cost to the general public, and you get what you pay for. Caveat emptor and all that.)
Yeah that excuse annoyed me too. I also cringed when I read the Department of Forestry guy saying that they couldn't put signs on every forest road as if that would take some herculean effort. I get that they can't update every sign on every road in real time, but it doesn't take much to put a sign at the beginning of each one saying that they are not maintained and become impassible in winter or whatever.

Are you able to unlock the charge port from your Tesla app or from the touch screen in the car? That should work even if your UMC button is stuck.
To add insult to injury, I had just updated to v11 software while I was parked for a few days. I'm pretty sure I could not unlock the chargeport from the app (I hunted around in there for a while). I only looked at the touchscreen briefly, but I couldn't figure out how to do it there. I did try pushing the little button on the lower left of the chargeport to no avail (I think that button is only on S/X of a certain age).

Fortunately I had one of those hot/cold packs that you put in the microwave or freezer and it was the perfect size and flexibility to wrap around the UMC handle. I considered soaking a towel in hot water too, but it didn't seem like the kind of situation that I wanted to introduce water to :) I guess I could have put the hot water towel in a ziploc bag if I was desperate. If the hot pack didn't work, I probably would have spent a few more minutes trying to familiarize myself with the new touchscreen and searching for how to unlock the chargeport there before calling Tesla Roadside Assistance (ugh lol).

Last edited:
Reactions: BM3B and YYZ-IAD
Stopped by Franklin, MA on my way to the New England group meetup with @Tdreamer at the Warwick location that is still waiting for a transformer.

Neon is a new convenience store chain starting up - 4 locations going to 150. The Warwick and Seekonk locations are at Neon. Their twist seems to be a smaller convenience store, and more limited but upscale food - brick oven pizza, meatball sandwiches, soups. Food was pretty good.
Sounds like a good fit for superchargers. As long as they are open 24/7.

My location is stuck on? It doesn't show that way in the app for me. I even just turned it on and then off again to verify. If so, that is a pretty bad bug for the app. Not a huge deal to me but it could be for some people in some situations.

I've noticed evp's location has been on for a while and Randy frequently leaves his location on but I don't see it being on right now.
It’s off now, but it was on for the last 5 days or so. Don’t like to hear that the app indicated otherwise.

• Informative
Reactions: PLUS EV
To add insult to injury, I had just updated to v11 software while I was parked for a few days. I'm pretty sure I could not unlock the chargeport from the app (I hunted around in there for a while). I only looked at the touchscreen briefly, but I couldn't figure out how to do it there. I did try pushing the little button on the lower left of the chargeport to no avail (I think that button is only on S/X of a certain age).

Fortunately I had one of those hot/cold packs that you put in the microwave or freezer and it was the perfect size and flexibility to wrap around the UMC handle. I considered soaking a towel in hot water too, but it didn't seem like the kind of situation that I wanted to introduce water to :) I guess I could have put the hot water towel in a ziploc bag if I was desperate. If the hot pack didn't work, I probably would have spent a few more minutes trying to familiarize myself with the new touchscreen and searching for how to unlock the chargeport there before calling Tesla Roadside Assistance (ugh lol).

From the app, click Stop Charging, wait a moment, then Unlock Charge Port will appear and you click that.

4AD6874B-8B63-4937-9489-3278D91668CB.jpeg

F34CC249-D05B-4B19-8453-B2B83EE098D0.jpeg

You are doing better than I am! I haven't wanted to drive all the way to Denver just to collect that single new station there and clear the state yet again. I've been waiting for a reason to head over that way. Just clearing the state temporarily isn't enough when I need sixty-six more for my next century mark.

Once they open Lamar I may just give up; I have no reason to go there and it's not on the way to anywhere interesting!

Time to go out and shovel my 370 foot driveway, so that it doesn't ice up for the rest of winter.
Well, at least I stopped in to see @ThisIsTrue on the way back from Telluride. I know you live somewhere close to him, maybe I'll find out some day. Randy's drive isn't 370 feet, but yes, he has a little ice.

Give it some time, there are a couple more SC permits in Denver - perhaps building out those two will put you over the threshold of driving six hours down-hill, then six more up.

Reactions: dgpcolorado
Hi @Big Earl - darn, sorry I missed you in the new Brooklyn. Next time I will put out a message before I depart. You aren't perhaps the red Model S that pulled in as I was departing?
Nope. Blue Model 3. First and only time we will charge there, most likely. Not exactly on our typical route.

12/29:

1023. Genoa, OH - Wyandot Service Plaza
1024. Brooklyn, OH (first)