Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the supercharge.info name matches the Tesla name in the nav.
Cool. I'll check it out next time I'm in the car.
I see now. I had found the superchargers by clicking Navigate and Charge as you mentioned, but hadn't noticed the POI button. I can't imagine why anyone would want a blank map though. At the very least, blank should not have been the default. Then again I could never in a million years dream of wanting the day of the week displayed prominently so to each his own I guess :)

Now that I have the "POIs" displayed, I will come back off the ledge. Still, this UI looks like it was designed for someone sitting at home on their desktop where extra clicks are "cheap." Having to "navigate" (pardone the pun) the touchscreen while driving merits a different design with fewer clicks in my opinion.
Do the SCs show up with the POIs? I had thought they didn't last I tried... another thing to double check in my 3. Definitely agree on the designed-from-a-desk view... The v10 UI had a lot of hate when it first came out too but at least things were still pretty reachable.

Finished up my first winter road trip ever in my Tesla. The worst weather I had was a blizzard in Northern Alabama of all places. The conditions were so bad that we had to turn around and head back to Athens, AL find a hotel to stay in. Lots more superchargers the last three days of the trip.

01/02/2022

Crestview, FL
DeFuniak Springs, FL
Greenville, AL
Mountain Brook, AL
Birmingham, AL
Athens, AL

01/03/2022

Brentwood, TN - Old Hickory Blvd.
Nashville, TN
Nashville, TN - Charlotte Pike
Kuttawa, KY
Mt. Vernon, IL
Effingham, IL
Champaign, IL
Normal, IL - East College Ave.
Normal, IL
Peru, IL

01/04/2022

Rockford, IL - McFarland Road
Madison, WI - South Livingston
Madison, WI - Whitney Way
Tomah, WI

Billed as a new feature in the latest release announcement.

• Updated Navigation: Our new navigation allows you to hide map details for a clean, simplified look, and you can now add and quickly reorder multiple stops on your route. Your Tesla will automatically update arrival times and battery levels for each destination.

Reactions: Big Earl
Billed as a new feature in the latest release announcement.

• Updated Navigation: Our new navigation allows you to hide map details for a clean, simplified look, and you can now add and quickly reorder multiple stops on your route. Your Tesla will automatically update arrival times and battery levels for each destination.
My car with 2020 firmware does not have this "advanced feature".

Perhaps a driver-specific profile option to set the layers you want to see by default would be helpful.

I see now. I had found the superchargers by clicking Navigate and Charge as you mentioned, but hadn't noticed the POI button. I can't imagine why anyone would want a blank map though. At the very least, blank should not have been the default. Then again I could never in a million years dream of wanting the day of the week displayed prominently so to each his own I guess :)

Now that I have the "POIs" displayed, I will come back off the ledge. Still, this UI looks like it was designed for someone sitting at home on their desktop where extra clicks are "cheap." Having to "navigate" (pardone the pun) the touchscreen while driving merits a different design with fewer clicks in my opinion.
Agreed. And if they have room to put the day of week on the screen, why not the time zone? Driving across country, crossing time zone lines is traumatic for me. I don't know when I've crossed the line, I don't know which time zone the car is displaying, or the motel I'm talking to is in, or the ETA on the nav screen is in. I don't know whether I'll be on time, or an hour early or late for dinner at a friend's house in another state.

Agreed. And if they have room to put the day of week on the screen, why not the time zone? Driving across country, crossing time zone lines is traumatic for me. I don't know when I've crossed the line, I don't know which time zone the car is displaying, or the motel I'm talking to is in, or the ETA on the nav screen is in. I don't know whether I'll be on time, or an hour early or late for dinner at a friend's house in another state.
The ETA on the screen does not adjust for time zone in my experience, though I haven't tested it on v11.

The inelegant though effective way to check a city's time zone is to simply type something like "Colby, Kansas time zone" into google.

I have definitely noticed the car taking a long time to update the time zone even after I am certain that I crossed into a new one. In the past, you could press and hold the clock in the Nav (upper right on an S or X) and that would trigger it to update the time zone. Later on, you had to tap it three times. But before, in between, and after neither of those worked. I think one time I was so desperate for it to update that I did a reset, but I can't remember if that worked or not. Turning my iphone off and on does seem to work fwiw.

The phone updates based on the boundary? I thought it was based on the tower it's talking to. Which means sometimes you get it well before crossing the timezone and other times it's delayed. I don't think I have seen it change AT the boundary ever, but then I haven't really crossed too many times yet, mostly living in the Pacific Time Zone since 9/11, thanks TSA

Yeah, I've had my Pixel change almost immediately when crossing a time zone line, and before v11 I had found the trick to hold the time on the screen for a few seconds, but now I guess I'll have to try tapping it three times. Having it bring up and dismiss the calendar while it's doing that will be annoying though.

Nav ETA has never taken into account the destination timezone, and while I understand it would be another API call to make, I hope they add that sometime. Maybe v22.

• Funny
Reactions: lensovet
The phone updates based on the boundary? I thought it was based on the tower it's talking to. Which means sometimes you get it well before crossing the timezone and other times it's delayed. I don't think I have seen it change AT the boundary ever, but then I haven't really crossed too many times yet, mostly living in the Pacific Time Zone since 9/11, thanks TSA
You are basically correct. Cell towers know both universal time and location from GPS, and therefore can compute (or ask a central server) what time zone they are located in. But phones these days can be communicating with up to five or six towers at the same time, and who knows what algorithm they use to determine their time zone when the towers disagree with each other at the border? Ideally they would use the cell signals to determine their rough location and compare it against a time-zone geospacial database, but that takes compute power, energy, and memory, (or, again, using data comms to ask a central server) which manufacturers try to minimize usage of.

Introducing myself.

Relatively new owner, Model Y LR, and I wasn't going to add my superchargers visited, because for the first few months, I only usually had to stop in Asheville, NC, when I go hiking in the mountains.

Now, I think I have finally gotten enough trips under my belt that I should join the game.

Trips that helped:
  • My son went to visit a college suite mate on the other side of the state, and hit 3 superchargers that I likely wouldn't have needed for a long time.
  • Taking my son back and forth to college, now that they are in-person again
  • Road trip to visit friends in Chicago over the holidays
I've only had the car about 7 months, and we've already put over 12,000 miles on it, in a pandemic. Definitely the most fun car I've ever driven.

Introducing myself.

Relatively new owner, Model Y LR, and I wasn't going to add my superchargers visited, because for the first few months, I only usually had to stop in Asheville, NC, when I go hiking in the mountains.

Now, I think I have finally gotten enough trips under my belt that I should join the game.

Trips that helped:
  • My son went to visit a college suite mate on the other side of the state, and hit 3 superchargers that I likely wouldn't have needed for a long time.
I've only had the car about 7 months, and we've already put over 12,000 miles on it, in a pandemic. Definitely the most fun car I've ever driven.
Welcome to the game!

Introducing myself.

Trips that helped:

Welcome to the game, Van! Just to clarify your first bullet point - did you or your son drive to visit the college suite mate?

Reactions: PLUS EV