Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
My work made the quarterly mental health day for Covid into a permanent thing, so I'm taking a spur-of-the-moment road trip to the Cleveland, Ohio, area. (Requirements for a destination were some place I've never been, that I could get to and back in three days without driving too much.)

I was able to pick up several new-to-me superchargers, and skip the ones I'd gotten before.
  • Mt. Airy, NC
  • Princeton, WV
  • Weston, WV
  • Fairmont, WV
  • Morgantown, WV
  • Morgantown - Earl L Core Rd, WV
(I updated the spreadsheet.)

I went out of my way to check out part of the route of the old Midland Trail (now U.S. 60), from Sam Black Church to WV State Highway 41.

My work made the quarterly mental health day for Covid into a permanent thing, so I'm taking a spur-of-the-moment road trip to the Cleveland, Ohio, area. (Requirements for a destination were some place I've never been, that I could get to and back in three days without driving too much.)

I was able to pick up several new-to-me superchargers, and skip the ones I'd gotten before.
  • Mt. Airy, NC
  • Princeton, WV
  • Weston, WV
  • Fairmont, WV
  • Morgantown, WV
  • Morgantown - Earl L Core Rd, WV
(I updated the spreadsheet.)

I went out of my way to check out part of the route of the old Midland Trail (now U.S. 60), from Sam Black Church to WV State Highway 41.

Define “out of the way”😂 Remember your audience🤓

Okay, here are what I grabbed over the past week:

16 May 2022: Auburn, California.

17 May 2022: Wells, Nevada; Twin Falls, Idaho; Burley, Idaho; Pocatello, Idaho; Idaho Falls, Idaho; Lima, Montana; Butte, Montana.

18 May 2022: Helena, Montana; Bozeman, Montana; Big Sky, Montana; West Yellowstone, Montana; Jackson, Wyoming.

19 May 2022: Tremonton, Utah; Salt Lake City Service Center; South 300 West: Salt Lake City, Utah; Draper, Utah; Nephi, Utah.

20 May 2022: Mesquite, Nevada; East Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, Nevada; West Flamingo Road, Las Vegas, Nevada; South Eastern Avenue (McCarran Marketplace) Las Vegas, Nevada; White Hills, Arizona; Andy Devine Avenue (Route 66 Museum), Kingman, Arizona; Bernard Drive, Kettleman City, California.

Much obliged to the kind soul to post these in their rightful spots.

-30-​

I found it curious and mildly annoying that Nephi, Utah was full (with two people waiting, I among them) at 1:15 on a Thursday afternoon. A few of us were talking about this while we waited interminably for the V2 to put out the 72kW for the six Models 3 and Y that could take a lot higher charge rate.

Anyway, people arrived there with 40% SOC in one case, and 35% in another. They were both headed north. Draper is only about 70 miles (with elevation gain), but I would think that a 3 or a Y could make that with ~40%. They both said the navigation sent them to Nephi from Beaver (another uphill slog). One would think that a 24-stall V3 location would take precedence over an 8-stall V2 location that is going to be full or nearly so. I don't recall the charge rates for 3s and Ys at 70%, but it has to be > 70kW. Another 5 or so minutes at Beaver likely would have steered them to Draper with its V3 chargers and 12 stalls.

I don't understand Tesla's logic behind this.

And for a kicker . . .

While charging at Kingman at the Route 66 Museum, I dialed Barstow into the navigation. There is the easy way to Barstow--a straight shot across Interstate 40. There is the tricky way to Barstow--to Arizona 68 west to Laughlin, Nevada to US95; north on US95 to Searchlight, thence west on another Nevada state highway into California to Nipton Road and Interstate 15 south to Baker. Then on to Barstow.

After 20 minutes or so, I looked at the progress, and the navigation said to charge 15 more minutes and take the tricky way to Baker. Charge at Baker for 25 minutes before heading to Barstow. I messed around for a while, and when I looked up, it had rerouted me to Needles instead. I would arrive at Needles with 32%, charge there for a duration, then on to Barstow. Great! I unplugged and left.

A minute later, as I was approaching the onramp to Interstate 40, the navigation pulled the old switcheroo, and routed me back to Baker. Said to turn around and charge more at Kingman, cuz my arrival percentage in Baker was estimated at 4%.

I went to Needles.

For most of the journey to Needles, while charging at Needles, and for the first 90 minutes back on the road (a total of over three hours), Baker was FULL, or would have one or two open before becoming full again. Needles, despite its four stalls, was not full, and with the crippled rates, I only saw >72kW for five minutes or so anyway.

The odds were real good that I would have had a wait at Baker before plugging in. Yet Needles never showed fewer than two openings, and 3/4 were available when I arrived.

It is nigh on impossible in that region to make a sudden detour to Needles or to Baker once on the road. So, once committed, one continues or has to double-back to plug in for more juice.

5/21/2022: Bethel ME, Farmington ME, Skowhegan ME, Augusta ME (spreadsheet updated) on my way from Woodstock NH to home in MA.

Bethel confused me - stalls, but no cabinets? Looked behind the trees - farmland. Drove around behind the building when I was done - oh, there they are. They must have trenched across the parking lot (could see that) and up the side. Not enough sidelot clearance for the pads?

I was asked (about Bethel) "was it far out of your way?" and I replied "no, it's on a straight shot to Skowhegan" 😁

Well there's your problem, you're assuming there is some logic that includes the factors you're citing. As far as I can tell, there is no consideration built into the algorithm that takes SC kW or utilization into account. Heck, they never even changed the charge time estimate programming for our older cars when they reduced the charging speed so how can anything else be accurate. My wife and I did a test recently, we travel to her mother's in Roseville frequently and were down there twice in the space of a few weeks, She drove the return trip one time using the Tesla recommended stops and I drove the other time using my own experience and I beat her total trip time by nearly an hour.

Just one new one again today:

1303. Salt Lake City - S 300 W, UT

We had a fairly leisurely day - stopped to visit the BYU Museum of Art in Provo, and the Golden Spike National Historical Park in Corinne, UT.

We're staying at the Fairfield Inn in Burley, ID which has 3 72 amp Tesla destination chargers.

Day 10.JPG
Day 10b.JPG
Day 10c.JPG

Just one new one again today:

1303. Salt Lake City - S 300 W, UT

We had a fairly leisurely day - stopped to visit the BYU Museum of Art in Provo, and the Golden Spike National Historical Park in Corinne, UT.

We're staying at the Fairfield Inn in Burley, ID which has 3 72 amp Tesla destination chargers.

View attachment 807250View attachment 807251View attachment 807252
Watch out for the sprinklers that are behind those destination chargers. They left some serious hard water spots on the back of my car that took some heavy duty polishing to remove.

Another good haul today, on the way to and from Cleveland.
  • Washington, PA
  • Franklin Park, PA
  • Cranberry Township, PA
  • Twinsburg, OH
  • Macedonia, OH
  • Brooklyn, OH
  • Strongsville, OH
  • Cambridge, OH
(all entered on the spreadsheet)

Had an enjoyable visit to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and the best gyro I've ever tasted, from Steve's Gyros at West Side Market.

(By the way, one of the two V3 cabinets was down at Brooklyn, OH, so only four of the eight chargers were working.)

She drove the return trip one time using the Tesla recommended stops and I drove the other time using my own experience and I beat her total trip time by nearly an hour.
I can usually chop a chunk of time off our trips by stopping at an intermediate charger with a lower battery reading than by charging as full as the car recommends. And I usually get a bunch of strange looks from other folks as I splash and dash. :)