Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm new here and trying to figure it out. I gather I can't just enter my totals. Am i correct then that the thing to do is to post a message with the names of the super chargers I've been to. I have a list but without dates. looking up all the dates would be a serious PITA. Do I need to include the name of the state rather than assuming for example that Detroit is the one in Michigan and Dallas is the one in Texas even if there may be others?
It's actually quite easy. Go into your Tesla account, copy and paste all charging sessions into a spreadsheet, use the remove duplicates function on the location column and boom there you go, all your unique sessions with dates. Then you would just do a copy and paste values only of the dates into our spreadsheet.

Die-Hard Tesla Owners Are in a Heated Race—With No End in Sight​

Fans compete to visit the most company fast-charging stations, but new ones keep coming; ‘there’s no sanity involved here’​

Scenes from Andy Hall’s Tesla Supercharger road trips.
im-551019

Scenes from Andy Hall’s Tesla Supercharger road trips. ANDY HALL; GEORGE ABEL

Die-Hard Tesla Owners Are in a Heated Race—With No End in Sight​

Fans compete to visit the most company fast-charging stations, but new ones keep coming; ‘there’s no sanity involved here’​

By Rebecca Elliott

Andy Hall recently drove his Tesla Model 3 from his home in Big Horn, Wyo., to Washington, D.C., for his daughter’s graduate-school commencement ceremony. He turned what is normally an 1,800-mile affair into a 10,000-mile, 15-day odyssey with more than 80 stops in places such as Miami Beach and Quebec City.
Dr. Hall, a retired ophthalmologist, is part of a cadre of die-hard Tesla owners who are racing to visit as many of the company’s fast-charging stations, called Superchargers, as possible. It’s a competition without a prize or even a finish line.
Participants track their progress on a shared Google spreadsheet. A car must draw electricity from a charger for a site to count; if the device is broken, it’s tough luck. A few years ago, there was a debate over whether it was fair game to fly to Europe, rent a Tesla and hit Superchargers there. Players decided it was, to the chagrin of Dr. Hall.
Dr. Hall, known to his competitors as Bighorn, is in either first or second place, depending on the metric used, out of around a dozen die-hards and many more regular participants. He entered the race around 2014 after buying his first Tesla, a Model S. He has since powered up at 1,504 fast-charging stations in the U.S. and Canada, nearly all of the estimated 1,515 open sites in those countries.
His chief rival is George Abel of Seattle. He has visited 1,620 Superchargers globally, 1,493 of them in North America. Mr. Abel, also known as PLUS EV, didn’t learn about the game until 2017, making him a relative latecomer.
im-550140
George Abel charging his Tesla in Baie-Saint-Paul, Quebec.PHOTO: GEORGE ABEL
“I knew immediately: This could get ugly, but in a good way,” recalls Mr. Abel, a serial bucket-lister who also has seen a game at every Major League Baseball stadium.
He charged into first place—undisputed at the time—in a matter of months, thanks to a roughly 40-day, 26,000-mile charging spree in his Model S. Mr. Abel has been dueling ever since with Dr. Hall, who has never quite forgiven him for going overseas. “We have different denominators—not that I’m bitter,” Dr. Hall says.
Tesla’s network of fast-chargers serves only Tesla cars in most of the world, although the company has begun opening it to other car makes in parts of Europe. As of this spring, Tesla had built more than 3,700 stations globally, about 1,000 of which had opened in the prior year.
im-550868
Andy Hall and his wife, Jeannie, at the annual meeting of Supercharger competitors in Custer, S.D.PHOTO: JASON PERKINS
Hitting them all is a Sisyphean challenge. On two occasions several years ago, Dr. Hall checked off all but one of the fast-charging stations in the U.S. Then Tesla opened new ones. None of today’s top-ranked players has ever managed a clean sweep of the U.S.
Both Mr. Abel and Dr. Hall told themselves they would quit once they hit 1,000, only to blow past that milestone. “It takes two to not tango,” says Dr. Hall, who took the long way home from D.C. in hopes of holding on to the top spot in the U.S. and Canada. Mr. Abel, meanwhile, headed east on his own charging spree.
Strategies vary. Dr. Hall tries to knock out chargers as quickly as possible, surviving on catnaps he takes on a cushion he keeps in the back of his Tesla. Mr. Abel often improvises his routes and finds himself calling around to hotels at the last minute.
Advertisement - Scroll to Continue

On a recent 17-hour driving day through California, Dr. Hall subsisted on smoked turkey, Ritz crackers and Brie. He made it to his 11th new charger of the day just before midnight. “You’re only winning temporarily,” Dr. Hall says. “When you stop, you’re gonna lose.”
im-550759
A Supercharger station that John Harris visited in Joplin, Mo., late one night in 2021. It no longer exists.PHOTO: JOHN HARRIS
John Harris, currently in fifth place, schedules his longer journeys with the help of a route-planner that optimizes his path to new chargers. “There’s no sanity involved here,” says Mr. Harris, aka Tdreamer, who works for a software company and has visited 977 fast-chargers.
Fewer than 100 of the charging stations were open in March 2014, when Butch Weaver, a former Qualcomm Inc. engineering executive, posted on the Tesla Motors Club forum proposing “a little contest for the most Superchargers used.”
Mr. Weaver, who owned a Roadster, Tesla’s first production car, and a Model S, had spent years obsessively plotting his routes between conventional chargers to avoid running out of juice. Tesla’s fast-chargers changed that, Mr. Weaver says, enabling cars to get enough juice in about 20 minutes to drive 100 miles. It used to take several hours.

Using them was free, and still is, for many of those who bought Teslas early on. That helped foster the competition, which doesn’t have a formal name. Mr. Abel calls it the Crazy Roadtrippers Club. Lawson Earl, currently in fourth place with 1,147 chargers, describes it as Pokémon Go for cars.
im-550869
Competitors Lawson Earl and John Harris met in April at a Tesla rally in North Carolina.PHOTO: LAWSON EARL
Mr. Earl—Big Earl to other players—is among those who share their locations with other Supercharger hunters when they are out on the road. Using what Mr. Earl affectionately calls the “stalk-my-friends app” can cost drivers a competitive edge, making it easier for players to spot when a rival is on a big charging spree. But it comes with a benefit: meetups.
Players often head to their local Supercharger when they see another competitor is passing through town. Many also meet annually in Custer, S.D., where Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk stayed in 2014 after he was said to have nearly run out of juice on a cross-country road trip. The local chamber of commerce now holds an annual Tesla rally where Supercharger-hunters recognize the person in first place. It happened last weekend. Dr. Hall took the title.
Many players concede they are unlikely to catch Mr. Abel and Dr. Hall. To keep things interesting, they have concocted side contests, such as most new chargers visited in a day or a year. Players also get kudos for being the first in the game to visit a newly opened charging site.
The two leaders, for their part, aren’t letting up. Jeannie Hall, Dr. Hall’s wife, says she doesn’t much like spending her days on the road, but the competition has sucked her in, too.
Last year, after Mr. Abel passed Dr. Hall on the U.S. and Canada count, Ms. Hall helped her husband plan a comeback trip to Florida. “I was like, yeah, no, we’re not going to let that happen,” she says. “You have invested way too much time in this situation.”
im-550170

... I have a list but without dates. looking up all the dates would be a serious PITA. Do I need to include the name of the state rather than assuming for example that Detroit is the one in Michigan and Dallas is the one in Texas even if there may be others?

Welcome, @gbrgbr !

You should be able to login to your Tesla account on a computer browser, select Charging from the account menu on the left, and go through the list of everywhere your car has charged.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 8.19.20 AM.png

Reactions: David99
Is one of those the new one in Fairfax?
I was skunked at Fairfax. A couple people charged successfully in the morning but by the time I got there in the afternoon, it was dark. Especially painful since I spent the night in Charlottesville and was heading south, so I literally turned around to go get it. I think I'm done with the hardcore chasing on this trip. Just going to take my planned route over to CA through TX and then home. 3 opened on the southeast coast in the last 24 hours, but driving back out there with the holiday traffic sounds like torture so I nixed the idea.

I've added this supercharger to the spreadsheet - that is TWO new superchargers in Barstow if anyone wants to head over there.

Fair warning: This certainly appears to be a supercharger that qualifies for the game, but if pictures or something else leads the group to decide it should not be part of the game, it will be removed.

I've added this supercharger to the spreadsheet - that is TWO new superchargers in Barstow if anyone wants to head over there.

Fair warning: This certainly appears to be a supercharger that qualifies for the game, but if pictures or something else leads the group to decide it should not be part of the game, it will be removed.

Seems like it should count. Looking forward to pictures of this location, as a new 4-stall urban installation is unusual these days.

Seems like it should count. Looking forward to pictures of this location, as a new 4-stall urban installation is unusual these days.
Also unusual that nobody spotted it under construction. Perhaps a prefab of some sort. Pictures would be nice, but the fact it is on the nav and findus and no indication of "temporary" seems pretty solid. There is a another new one right around the corner, so it's not like anyone is driving 500 miles to be disappointed.

Barstow - Tanger Way, CA (first)
Barstow - E Main St, CA (first)

The Main St location appears to be a semi-permanent install consisting of two urban charging pallets hard wired all the way over to the distant building. Based on all the markings on the ground, I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up getting replaced with a full V3 location down the line as we've seen with other locations recently.

IMG_6469.jpeg