Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Warning - Tesla prices the charging session based on when you start and does not change the price during the charge. I learned the hard way. Plugged in two days ago at 8:52pm and got charged $0.58 per kWh until 9:28pm. Today I got my payback by plugging in at 8:55am.
Have you checked your Tesla Account? I am not sure that holds true. There have been several times that I have seen something on the Tesla's display during charging that I later discovered was false looking at my account later. The classic being you don't get charged at a just powered on this morning still now showing in Tesla Nav Supercharger so you fill all the way up on free juice only to get home to your solar house with a full battery and a $19 bill from that Supercharger session.

I need to do more testing on the pricing based on start time but I thought I noticed it did change on my account one time.

Snuck one more in before midnight:

May 29th

Texas

Lubbock - service center (first)

Honestly not sure this one will count for the game long term, but it's apparently available to the public 24/7 at the moment. It's not in the Nav yet, and I'm not sure it ever will be. I suspect they will build a real supercharger somewhere in Lubbock and then start reserving this one for service center use only. But that could happen in the next month or years from now. For now, it provides much needed fast charging in a massive hole in the supercharger map.

View attachment 810464
Just to follow up on Lubbock... It's listed in the app now (not in the Nav yet, but should be soon I would think), so it definitely counts. Feels like having a 4-stall be the only supercharger in a 100-mile radius is asking for it to be a logjam during summer travel season, but we shall see I guess. Maybe if they keep it out of the Nav, it won't be an issue.

As a point of trivia, Lubbock had to be the largest city with no supercharger anywhere near it until now. I'm not sure which city holds the crown now, but it must be a much smaller town than Lubbock (population 257k).

Reactions: Tdreamer
As a point of trivia, Lubbock had to be the largest city with no supercharger anywhere near it until now. I'm not sure which city holds the crown now, but it must be a much smaller town than Lubbock (population 257k)
Interesting -- and answerable -- question.
Wikipedia has a list of the 331 largest US cities.

Lubbock definitely begins to fill that massive gap in west-central Texas and eastern New Mexico. That was arguably the largest dead zone in the USA.

Interesting -- and answerable -- question.
Wikipedia has a list of the 331 largest US cities.

Lubbock definitely begins to fill that massive gap in west-central Texas and eastern New Mexico. That was arguably the largest dead zone in the USA.
@PLUS EV - the answer gets murky very quickly but I'd say it is the 33rd largest city, Mesa, AZ. But this shows the challenge of such a question because Mesa is broadly part of the Phoenix metropolitan area that has five superchargers currently. There is a permit for a supercharger in Mesa.

1653949296590.png

Omaha, NE (39th largest city) is another good example of the connundrums of this question. There is an existing supercharger in Council Bluffs, IA and I think we'd all agree that the Council Bluffs supercharger would count as serving Omaha. Tulsa (#47) is the same as the supercharger is actually in Catoosa, OK but again, I think we'd agree it is serving Tulsa.

1653948974438.png

So, to really go down this rabbit hole, you'd have to start from the top of the list and take the list literally. Or, you could take it more conceptually and look for the largest stand-alone city without a supercharger. Here is the list down to the 103rd largest city. There are quite a few that do not specifically have a supercharger but one is not too far away. Anchorage is the largest town with no supercharger (significantly larger than Lubbock). After reviewing the 1st 100, I'm not quite sure how I would declare "X is the largest city without a supercharger."

You can see my spreadsheet here. Below are the cities that illustrate the challenge of making a determination.

1653951646424.png

Last edited:
@PLUS EV - the answer gets murky very quickly but I'd say it is the 33rd largest city, Mesa, AZ. But this shows the challenge of such a question because Mesa is broadly part of the Phoenix metropolitan area that has five superchargers currently. There is a permit for a supercharger in Mesa.

View attachment 810688

Omaha, NE (39th largest city) is another good example of the connundrums of this question. There is an existing supercharger in Council Bluffs, IA and I think we'd all agree that the Council Bluffs supercharger would count as serving Omaha. Tulsa (#47) is the same as the supercharger is actually in Catoosa, OK but again, I think we'd agree it is serving Tulsa.

View attachment 810687

So, to really go down this rabbit hole, you'd have to start from the top of the list and take the list literally. Or, you could take it more conceptually and look for the largest stand-alone city without a supercharger. Here is the list down to the 103rd largest city. There are quite a few that do not specifically have a supercharger but one is not too far away. Anchorage is the largest town with no supercharger (significantly larger than Lubbock). After reviewing the 1st 100, I'm not quite sure how I would declare "X is the largest city without a supercharger."

You can see my spreadsheet here. Below are the cities that illustrate the challenge of making a determination.

View attachment 810703
Lubbock didn't have a supercharger within a 100 mile radius. I would definitely use some sort of radius to answer the question because, generally speaking, whether or not the supercharger is in the city limits is fairly immaterial. But not having one in the area at all is quite significant. Also, I would probably only be interested in the contiguous 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii are obviously outliers.

Lubbock didn't have a supercharger within a 100 mile radius. I would definitely use some sort of radius to answer the question because, generally speaking, whether or not the supercharger is in the city limits is fairly immaterial. But not having one in the area at all is quite significant. Also, I would probably only be interested in the contiguous 48 states. Alaska and Hawaii are obviously outliers.
What radius would we use? 25 miles seems like a good number to me.

Reactions: PLUS EV
Stayed in Winnipeg last night and how do I put this nicely...It makes Calgary look like Paris, Woof! On top of that, the hotel fire alarm went off at 5:45 in the morning, so much for sleeping in on a short day. Went from the Canadian Prairies to the lakes and marshes of Ontario. Highlight of the day, Kakabeka Falls
20220530_192325.jpg

Prawda, MB
Kenora, ON
Dryden, ON
Ignace, ON
Upsala, ON
Thunder Bay, ON

Stayed in Winnipeg last night and how do I put this nicely...It makes Calgary look like Paris, Woof! On top of that, the hotel fire alarm went off at 5:45 in the morning, so much for sleeping in on a short day. Went from the Canadian Prairies to the lakes and marshes of Ontario. Highlight of the day, Kakabeka Falls
View attachment 810796

Prawda, MB
Kenora, ON
Dryden, ON
Ignace, ON
Upsala, ON
Thunder Bay, ON
I had a fire alarm the other day too. Probably the 4th or 5th time I've been woken up by a hotel fire alarm. I guess if you spend enough time on the road, they are inevitable.

Curious if you had ever driven Transcanada before. You are right in the middle of the "wild" stretch. Kenora to Sudbury is basically a frontier with the exception of the oases of civilization which are Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Marie.

Nine new ones today, including my #500 at Tracy, California! I should pick up 2 more tomorrow on my way back to Portland, and then zilch for a couple of months as I return home to Maui. It's been quite the trip, with over 150 new ones snagged in less than a month. Obviously not remotely close to a record with this bunch, but still a big haul!

#498, 05/30/22, Merced, CA - Martin Luther King Junior Way
#499, 05/30/22, Patterson, CA - Speno Dr
#500, 05/30/22, Tracy, CA - West Grant Line Road
#501, 05/30/22, Stockton, CA
#502, 05/30/22, Stockton, CA - East Morada Lane
#503, 05/30/22, Elk Grove, CA - Elk Grove Blvd
#504, 05/30/22, Sacramento, CA - J Street
#505, 05/30/22, Susanville, CA
#506, 05/30/22, Alturas, CA

2A21909E-B7C7-4361-A442-BB0E620D5C47.jpeg

Nine new ones today, including my #500 at Tracy, California! I should pick up 2 more tomorrow on my way back to Portland, and then zilch for a couple of months as I return home to Maui. It's been quite the trip, with over 150 new ones snagged in less than a month. Obviously not remotely close to a record with this bunch, but still a big haul!

Congrats on 500!

Also, my most recent 150 visits took me about three and a half years, so color me impressed.

Bruce.