Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
191. Bakersfield (Copus Rd), CA
192. Tejon (Outlets at Tejon), CA

Spreadsheet updated.

Bakersfield (Copus Rd) appears to be on-line again.

@neverdone: Were you at the Tejon Outlets around mid-day? If so, and you saw another MSM refresh Model X in that sea of white Teslas, that was probably me. (EDIT: Think I saw the FWD doors up on an MSM Model X a few stalls down from where I was, maybe as we were getting ready to leave.)

Bruce.
I was there from 11:54am to 12:25pm; having lunch at Chipotle.
It would have been fun to chat.
I do miss the days from 2016 when most everyone would stop to chat.

5/30:

1149. Mechanicsville, VA
1150. Colonial Heights, VA
1151. Richmond, VA - South Providence Road

This was a pretty spontaneous trip to go have lunch with our former roommate. Sorry I missed you @corywright - we’ll have to catch up soon.

It was great catching up with Vera and Lanny in Mechanicsville.

B9946B90-8CA2-485E-9C22-3F8BDB3A86F0.jpeg

Have you checked your Tesla Account? I am not sure that holds true. There have been several times that I have seen something on the Tesla's display during charging that I later discovered was false looking at my account later. The classic being you don't get charged at a just powered on this morning still now showing in Tesla Nav Supercharger so you fill all the way up on free juice only to get home to your solar house with a full battery and a $19 bill from that Supercharger session.

I need to do more testing on the pricing based on start time but I thought I noticed it did change on my account one time.
It is now a little more interesting to figure out which Supercharger to use.
In my old 2016 X, it made no difference; FUSC and could only charge at about 90kW.
The new 2022 X, I now look for 250kW chargers and also look for Time of Day charging fees.
Driving up from San Diego to Sacramento on I-5 we were able to hit chargers that were "free" before 10am.

Reactions: bmah
How long is a 5%-80% charge on the new X? How many miles does that getcha.

I am always amazed that the 3 Supercharges so fast, but it's mostly because it's got such a small battery (74kWh) and only one motor. I am always the last one into the Supercharger and first one out, but a lot of the X's I am comparing to are probably the old ones that are not topping 125kW charging.

The new X must spend a lotta time in that sweet 250+kW zone, I only get that below 20% and only when the battery is already completely warmed up. It's fast, but fleeting as before I blink I am already above 20% at a stop. By 30% I am already at the rate a v2 charger would be going at. I look forward to the cT with it's bigger than any other Tesla battery to see how long it stays in the 250+kW band.

How long is a 5%-80% charge on the new X? How many miles does that getcha.

I am always amazed that the 3 Supercharges so fast, but it's mostly because it's got such a small battery (74kWh) and only one motor. I am always the last one into the Supercharger and first one out, but a lot of the X's I am comparing to are probably the old ones that are not topping 125kW charging.

The new X must spend a lotta time in that sweet 250+kW zone, I only get that below 20% and only when the battery is already completely warmed up. It's fast, but fleeting as before I blink I am already above 20% at a stop. By 30% I am already at the rate a v2 charger would be going at. I look forward to the cT with it's bigger than any other Tesla battery to see how long it stays in the 250+kW band.
I'm frequently amazed in the other direction - how much time people in 3's and Y's seem to spend at Superchargers. I'm often in and out in my S90D which maxes out at 112kW while 3's and Y's who were there before me are still charging (at V3's). I assume it's newer owners who haven't yet discovered that it's not worth charging beyond 80% unless you absolutely need the range, or possibly local owners who are doing a full charge for the week.

I was there from 11:54am to 12:25pm; having lunch at Chipotle.
It would have been fun to chat.
I do miss the days from 2016 when most everyone would stop to chat.

/me checks TeslaFi...

11:59 AM - 12:46 PM

So it probably wasn't your X that I saw, but we did overlap. We walked a lap around the outlet mall just to stretch our legs...some "retail therapy" was involved as well.

Yeah I remember the old days when a touch-and-go charge would turn into a range charge when I got into a conversation with somebody. (And as long as we weren't blocking stalls it wasn't a big deal, with free Supercharging and no idle fees.) It's a different vibe now, a lot of newer owners aren't enthusiasts. (<-- expecting to get flamed for that comment)

Anyway, hope you had (are having?) a good trip...I'm back at work now and trying to figure out what I do for a living.

Bruce.

I'm frequently amazed in the other direction - how much time people in 3's and Y's seem to spend at Superchargers. I'm often in and out in my S90D which maxes out at 112kW while 3's and Y's who were there before me are still charging (at V3's). I assume it's newer owners who haven't yet discovered that it's not worth charging beyond 80% unless you absolutely need the range, or possibly local owners who are doing a full charge for the week.

Or passengers dragged them off into the nearby outlet mall or other retail establishments...ask me how I know this.

Bruce.

Curious if you had ever driven Transcanada before. You are right in the middle of the "wild" stretch. Kenora to Sudbury is basically a frontier with the exception of the oases of civilization which are Thunder Bay and Sault Ste. Marie.
Nope, first time and last for my wife. She says next time I can drop her at the Calgary Airport. We have done the AlCan 35 years ago.

Based upon a small sample of owners that I encountered recently:

Yes, they keep the charge bar at 80% (or higher) and that must be their sweet spot. They rely entirely upon Tesla's navigation to route them. They arrive with 40% SOC to recharge to 80% even though the next Supercharger is easily within range at the 40% level, like 60 miles.

There must be some hangovers from the ICE fill-em-up mentality and the fear of running out of juice on the interstate. We can only hope that they will eventually come to realize that driving down to 15% (horrors!) and charging to 50% for the next SC 100 miles away in <15 minutes is the way to go.

Maybe some of you who are experts in all things internet can make a short but catchy video for these people that would take a 400-mile drive in one day and distill the segments into arrival SOC, Supercharger rates at plugging in, time charging, departure SOC, and arrival SOC at the next spot. Tesla's Supercharger tips and tricks that is buried on the touchscreen leaves a lot to be desired. What would be great would be to compare two different drivers with two different charging strategies driving the exact same route in the same style vehicle to illustrate the differences between the 80%-40% mentality and the 50%-15%.

Who knows? You just might win an award for best short documentary!!

Stuck in White River ON. No power in the whole town.
Been there, done that. I was stuck for 24 hours in a snow storm in Texas. Major power outage. I didn't have enough range to drive out of the black out area. Eventually Tesla sent a tow truck that drove me 90 miles to the next supercharger. That was back in the day when Tesla service still cared, though. Today, there isn't even a number to call any more LOL

It takes a while to let go of the life time conditioning that going to a gas station is to fill the car up to full. It is so deeply ingrained in people that they just can't think any other way. My ex, despite having my Model S for years, was never able to wrap her brain around why I never charged the battery all the way up on road trips. It seems counter intuitive to not charge to 100% when you already have a limited range (compared to a gas car). Despite countless attempts to explain it, she never was able to comprehend why it would take longer if I make 2 charging stops only charging to 50 or 60% over just one where I charge all the way up. It just goes against everything we have learned about almost everything else in life.
Maybe one way to mitigate the issue is if Tesla increased the fee if one charges over 80% at busy stations.