Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stuck in White River ON. No power in the whole town.
The potential for a power out situation, like yours, or a supercharger going down, causes me to sometimes plug the site after (as if skipping the next) and charge until I could barely get there if need be. I don't do that often, and sometimes it's not a reasonable choice given the distance. But the times that I have added enough for skipping one sure eliminates anxiety.

The Provincial Police station across the street probably has an outlet on an emergency generator. It might be worth asking, although that could take hours of charging to get you to the next Supercharger.

Interestingly, White River is the eastern terminus of the Northwest Ontario grid. The closest power plants are two small hydroelectric dams along the White River and the Black River. Being at the end of the line, outages are probably a frequent occurrence, with the potential to be for extended periods of time. Hopefully you can get out of there soon without having to rough it, especially if your wife having as much fun as you've indicated. ;)

Last edited:

Maybe some of you who are experts in all things internet can make a short but catchy video for these people that would take a 400-mile drive in one day and distill the segments into arrival SOC, Supercharger rates at plugging in, time charging, departure SOC, and arrival SOC at the next spot. Tesla's Supercharger tips and tricks that is buried on the touchscreen leaves a lot to be desired. What would be great would be to compare two different drivers with two different charging strategies driving the exact same route in the same style vehicle to illustrate the differences between the 80%-40% mentality and the 50%-15%.

Who knows? You just might win an award for best short documentary!!

I drove this way on my cross-country road trip, and even filmed a lot of it, but my videos won't win any awards.

I can try to do some more focussed videos for my next road trip.

Reactions: cpa
The Provincial Police station across the street probably has an outlet on an emergency generator. It might be worth asking, although that could take hours of charging to get you to the next Supercharger.

Interestingly, White River is the eastern terminus of the Northwest Ontario grid. The closest power plants are two small hydroelectric dams along the White River and the Black River. Being at the end of the line, outages are probably a frequent occurrence, with the potential to be for extended periods of time. Hopefully you can get out of there soon without having to rough it, especially if your wife having as much fun as you've indicated. ;)
We ran into the provincial police who were doing checks on the roadside businesses to make sure they were ok during the outage. We explained our situation and they didn’t offer any help but they indicated that Hydro One was on the scene and didn't think it would be an extended outage.

PS Wife is taking it better than i am.

I'm frequently amazed in the other direction - how much time people in 3's and Y's seem to spend at Superchargers. I'm often in and out in my S90D which maxes out at 112kW while 3's and Y's who were there before me are still charging (at V3's). I assume it's newer owners who haven't yet discovered that it's not worth charging beyond 80% unless you absolutely need the range, or possibly local owners who are doing a full charge for the week.
^^^this right here. I had the same charging buddy from Gallup to Kingman last night. He was in a Model 3 with his family and by the end of it, it was well after midnight so presumably trying to get home as soon as possible. I must have gained an hour on him during that stretch and I even stopped to look for supercharger construction in Seligman and overcharged a couple times by about 10 minutes. When I was pulling into Gallup, he was leaving, but when I was leaving Kingman, he was pulling in!

I even glanced at his battery on one of the charges and he was up at like 80% and the next leg was only 88 miles. I guess he could have been in an SR 3, but even then it seemed extreme. Either do short charges and stop at every supercharger or do long charges and skip some, but don't do long charges and stop at every one!

Last edited:
Nope, first time and last for my wife. She says next time I can drop her at the Calgary Airport. We have done the AlCan 35 years ago.
I absolutely loved the adventure when I drove it for the first time in 2009, but driving it last year seemed tedious and even depressing at times. I was fairly sick from inhaling all the BC forest fire smoke, so that may have played a role. Also many of the smaller businesses were still shuttered (permanently?) due to the pandemic. I'm mostly referring to that Northern Ontario stretch. The rest of it isn't that bad as the highways are faster and there is more in the way of civilization.

Reactions: GHammer
OUCH!!

I'm curious if it gave you any warning while you were en route.

I've had two power outages while navigating to a supercharger and both times the Nav warned me. Once was due to a thunderstorm and was a general outage. It was in SLC area and I was able to re-route to another supercharger in an area that still had power. The other was a local outage where the power went out in the whole parking lot when a Tesla owner plugged in at West Yellowstone. He was slow charging at a hotel across the street and ran over when I stopped in to see if it was working. Because of the warning, I shortened my route through the national park and was able to limp to the Idaho Falls supercharger.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bighorn
That’s only happened twice. In Miles City and Temascalcingo and both were good reasons to sleep at a supercharger. Actually, at the latter, I was already fully charged when the lightning struck, but it gave me an excuse to stay when the security guard came rapping on my window.

Hopefully you can get to enjoy the reward of PEI down the road.

Also been there done that, also not due to anything we did.
Drove into Mojave during what looked to be an apocalypse with numerous semis on their sides. Barely any cars on the road in either direction.
Wind was super bad (worse than normal) & when we arrived @ SC discovered there was an accident that took out a transformer. All of Movaje out of power.
After a 3 hour wait, Tesla sent a tow truck (we only had 8rated) & towed us-free of charge- 75 miles away to Barstow.
Good times. 😜

How long is a 5%-80% charge on the new X? How many miles does that getcha.

I am always amazed that the 3 Supercharges so fast, but it's mostly because it's got such a small battery (74kWh) and only one motor. I am always the last one into the Supercharger and first one out, but a lot of the X's I am comparing to are probably the old ones that are not topping 125kW charging.

The new X must spend a lotta time in that sweet 250+kW zone, I only get that below 20% and only when the battery is already completely warmed up. It's fast, but fleeting as before I blink I am already above 20% at a stop. By 30% I am already at the rate a v2 charger would be going at. I look forward to the cT with it's bigger than any other Tesla battery to see how long it stays in the 250+kW band.
One of the main reasons for upgrading (2022) was to have better range.
That really means being able to charge to maybe 70% (and not any more).
The old X sometimes required a charge to 90% and would really take a long time.
It feels like charging from 15% to 50% is really fast at the 250kW chargers.
I will need to collect data for the taper; but is much,much better than the 2016 X.
As a side note; what is the protocol for using "handicap van" spots at a supercharger?
I see lots of these at California superchargers.
Some have signs that say to use these last (that makes sense).
But as far as I know, there are no Tesla vans.
From teslafi data:
35%-68% 14minutes Paterson CA 250kW
17%-61% 17minutes Rocklin CA 150kW
51%-72% 9minutes Baker CA
32%-66% 11minutes Mequite NV 250kW
10%-45% 10minutes Henderson NV 150kW
20%-65% 18minutes Richfield UT 150kW

• Informative
Reactions: Tdreamer
Alrighty then! Last 2 for this trip. A shout out to the food truck at the new Harrisburg supercharger, which makes a mean burger! Also, they were really friendly and didn't mind my talking Tesla. 😀

#507, 05/31/22, Klamath Falls, OR
#508, 05/31/22, Harrisburg, OR
@Polly Wog , you sure racked up numerous sites on your trip. If I'm not mistaken, you added more than 150 all together. That's some serious charger hunting!

Hopefully we can catch up, as I'd love a tour of your car. Some fresh YouTube videos would be fun to watch, too. :)
I wish I had more time for YouTube, but I'm still working full time mostly creating social media content. So when I have free time I try to put the cameras and laptops away. I had bigger plans/hopes for my YouTube but the lack of viewers made me reconsider. But you are right, maybe a few smaller videos just to keep the channel active. No expectations, just for fun.

Reactions: theflyer
As a side note; what is the protocol for using "handicap van" spots at a supercharger?
I see lots of these at California superchargers.
Some have signs that say to use these last (that makes sense).
But as far as I know, there are no Tesla vans.
As far as I know, it is perfectly legal to use the spot for charging as a non handicap driver. As I understand in, it is a requirement to have one of the EV charging spot designed to be van accessible, but it is not a handicap parking spot in the traditional way.