Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mystic, CT - first shared with a nice meetup with @tes-s tonight.
038C7376-6D0D-4610-B8B0-D570DFC2B265.jpeg
DE91D4CC-2370-4D1B-A89A-1770CA3A3DD9.jpeg

So yesterday wasn't all bad. The drive around Lake Superior was very pretty particularly the provincial park section. Also wouldn't have known about White River ON being the origin of Winnie-the-Pooh without the power outage. Uneventful day through Michigan to Evanston IL except for the US Border agent wanting to talk Tesla. There was only one car lane open but he was more than happy to keep me there asking all the usual questions about Tesla ownership. There was only one car in front of me when I got there but quite a line had built up by the time I left.
20220531_153825.jpg

20220531_111639.jpg

20220531_215706.jpg

Sault Ste. Marie, MI
Portage - Westnedge Ave, MI
Benton Harbor, MI
Chicago - N Elston Ave, IL
Evanston, IL (within view of my Daughters Appt.)

CA

5/31/2022

Tracy
Stockton - E Morada
Cottonwood
Weaverville
Yreka

6/1/2022
Alturas
Susanville
Truckee - Soaring Way
Auburn

Entered into spreadsheet.

NKYTA 2.0 Shakedown mini-trip
- it is insane how far this car can go, and how fast it charges at 250kW SCs 🙃
- barely time to pee even if your next leg is 200 rated miles
- there is no way I could go 200 miles at one sitting in any case (I forgot the tennis balls to ease glutes and hamstrings)
- found my relief stopping at older chargers so I could get food, find a decent bathroom and stretch my legs for a bit
- about 8 phantom breaking occurrences on just TACC at hwy/fwy speeds
- overpasses at least three times
- once when going up and over a rolling hill with cameras seeing the "sky"
- the rest weren't immediately obvious
- I5 to Weaverville is an AWESOME stretch, newly paved roadway, twisty's at speed - TACC would have made it no fun :p
- Weaverville to Yreka on Hwy 3 was also fun but turned TACC back on after encountering the the first of 7 deer on the roadway
- quite the microcosm of CA itself, sans beaches

It is the time of the year you can actually see Lassen and Shasta without clouds.
You must have gotten lucky, because on Monday, Truckee - Soaring Way was listed as closed on the nav.

@GHammer thats what makes this crazy so special!

My long trip this summer is more about meetups with, dare I say, stationary folk - with an eye to new SCs.
It should hopefully include
- Shakedown #2 for NKYTA 2.0. (mostly S, E and back N)
- family, home to Madison, I hear they have a couple SCs I’ve not hit
- friends from Elementary School that I’ve kept up with (in W MI no less)
- another wedding!?
- camping night in the car in N WI (remember the Deet!)
- past coworkers (many of us have driven Flori-Bama, yet I have an in)
- FL on both coasts for meetups with Tesla friends
- then there is extended family and friends in NJ and LI NY.
- might get lucky with random visits in PE depending on time (@PhillyGal )
- Boston and Maine will be a crapshhoot

I’m pretty sure JT has my plain bagel with some butter teed up. Not sure why else you would venture into five towns, but hope to visit my wife’s friends for the excuse to enjoy the Long Island Parkway yet again. As far out as it goes.

Timing goes out the window for some of those visits, as it should.
I’m guessing Chicago will suck a little bit less than last time, but not counting on it.

Enjoy the rides!

June 1st

California

Barstow - E Main St.
Barstow - Tanger Way
El Centro - Wake Ave. (I believe this is the new lowest supercharger in the world at 35 ft below sea level)
San Diego - Truxton Rd.
San Diego - Carmel Mountain Rd.
Long Beach
Pacific Palisades
Calabassas
Santa Maria

Calabassas was listed as a Temporary Closure all day but worked fine when I got there. Somehow I doubt I will have as good of luck at Kettleman #2.

One of the main reasons for upgrading (2022) was to have better range.
That really means being able to charge to maybe 70% (and not any more).
The old X sometimes required a charge to 90% and would really take a long time.
It feels like charging from 15% to 50% is really fast at the 250kW chargers.
I will need to collect data for the taper; but is much,much better than the 2016 X.
As a side note; what is the protocol for using "handicap van" spots at a supercharger?
I see lots of these at California superchargers.
Some have signs that say to use these last (that makes sense).
But as far as I know, there are no Tesla vans.
From teslafi data:
35%-68% 14minutes Paterson CA 250kW
17%-61% 17minutes Rocklin CA 150kW
51%-72% 9minutes Baker CA
32%-66% 11minutes Mequite NV 250kW
10%-45% 10minutes Henderson NV 150kW
20%-65% 18minutes Richfield UT 150kW
^^^ this. Absolutely massive difference in charging curve noticed on my Plaid S vs. the 2017 X 100D. Including a decent high-end final charge taper too. And it's able to actually charge to 100% vs. the X that would take 45 minutes to go from 90-100%. I only (thought I) needed to charge to 100% on my last western road trip north of the grand canyon. Calculation error on my part of course - plenty of range left when I reached my destination.

Last edited:
Reactions: NKYTA and Big Earl
View attachment 811794

I swear I added Albany and Guilderland as well to the spreadsheet, but it doesn't show up. I had this happen a few times that some of the entries don't seem to stick. Maybe when I had poor internet connection when I added them to the sheet. I'm using mostly the iPhone app.
I've experienced that issue as well with the iPhone spreadsheet app. I've gotten into the habit of trying to remember to check my previous entries the next time I open it up to make sure they are still there. I tend to add the current stop as part of my charge 'n go routine, so it's pretty straightforward.

Reactions: juliusa and David99
View attachment 811794

I swear I added Albany and Guilderland as well to the spreadsheet, but it doesn't show up. I had this happen a few times that some of the entries don't seem to stick. Maybe when I had poor internet connection when I added them to the sheet. I'm using mostly the iPhone app.

I've found that entries often won't stick unless I force-kill the Sheets app after entering my data.

My routine is as follows:
  1. Open Sheets app
  2. Open Superchargers Visited sheet
  3. Select Superchargers tab
  4. Enter data for the day
  5. Click the back button to go back to the Sheets table of contents
  6. Swipe up and hold to force-kill Sheets app
I try not to enter more than a dozen locations at a time, as the more I enter, the grumpier the Sheets app gets, sometimes locking up and crashing.

I'm afraid to ask, but can you explain
¯\_( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)_/¯
@David99 I use 1-3 tennis balls on my glutes / upper hamstring to almost cause pain while driving long distance. When at home working, I routinely walk ~10 miles a day on my treadmill desk, so my hamstrings are perpetually tight. Sitting in a car for 10-12-36 hours at a time exacerbates the issue. Planning to do more fast walking at SCs on future trips - the fact that the car is ready to go in minutes be damned.

Reactions: israndy and David99
How do you handle route planning? Do you do it manually or do you have a traveling salesman app that optimizes a route based on the points of interest you've selected?
I have too many variables to do actual planing. I'm a photographer and have clients across the country. The jobs I have in different places are the major goal posts in terms of place and date. In between I just improvise. Sometimes it works out that there are superchargers in between, other times I have 2 days between jobs and just eyeball how many new stations I can get in that amount of time and go for it. Being a nomad I often just stop where I like it and fly my drone around or just enjoy nature. I'm in a pretty happy place in my life right now :)

@David99Planning to do more fast walking at SCs on future trips
There's a new game metric for you:
Miles walked while supercharging :)
But then we'd also have to rule if miles was the official measure for our metric friends outside the US border :(
AND if you're walking WITH somebody, who would get credit for the distance if you decide to switch drivers :p

Being a nomad I often just stop where I like it and fly my drone around or just enjoy nature.
You're a camera photog or a drone photog or both?
Some/an aerial shot(s) of the inn might be interesting - if you were in the area for that lobster roll. If that looks like a possibility then PM me and we can talk turkey.

Reactions: Big Earl