Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Superchargers Visited

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
**** NOTE: We have transitioned to a new platform ****
More Info: Supercharging.Life database

This is a friendly contest for Tesla owners to track the number of unique public Superchargers where they have charged

- "Supercharger count" is the number of unique public Superchargers where you have charged (just being there does not count), whether or not you were the person plugging in the vehicle (such as a Valet Parking garage or a Passenger) and whether or not it was your own personal vehicle (such as a rental, a loaner, or a friend's Tesla) as long as you were the one who drove >50% of the distance to reach the charger(s).
- The list of chargers in the supercharging.life database are the ones included in the game. If you think one should be added or removed from the list, let us know.
- Only chargers available to the public without special permission are included in the game.
- Chargers not connected to the grid are not counted.
- Doublet locations like the North/South Supercharger 'pairs' in CT, ME, NH, etc. count as individual locations.
- More than 1 charger at the same address, such as Lenox Square Mall (Atlanta, GA) or Montgomery Mall (Bethesda, MD) count as individual locations when they appear as a separate location on the Tesla Nav screen.
- Inactive competitors will be archived and removed from the leaderboard. Just post an update to be reactivated.

See Supercharging.Life database for info on how to post your own visits to the database (preferred), or post your locations with date visited to this thread and one of the admins will update your list for you. All visits must be posted to this thread - not just entered in supercharging.life. If you are the first in the game to visit a supercharger location, please post to the thread as soon as you can so others know it has been visited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Supercharging in Seattle:

2022-06-15:
216. Auburn, WA
217. Federal Way, WA

2022-06-16:
218. Seattle (NW Ballard Way), WA
219. Seattle (NE Northgate Way), WA

Spreadsheet updated.

@PLUS EV and @JSergeant came out to meet me at Seattle (NW Ballard Way)!

1655447149093.jpeg

Bruce.

I’ve seen identical trash/recycle containers at a couple new, disparate supercharger locations. Might be a new Tesla initiative. 👍🏼
On my trip to Buffalo this week I was thinking they need two things at the superchargers, one was trash cans, and the other was squeegees. Hmmm, sounds like what gas stations all have! And since I have a bad knee at the moment having a few vending machines near them wouldn't be a bad idea either. Having to walk across the huge mall parking lot, since the chargers are always in the furthest corner, isn't worth it. More than once on my trip I charged then drove up much closer to take care of business which adds to the stop time. I'm always telling skeptical friends that you stop for 15 minutes anyway when you gotta go but now I've added to the charge time too.

Reactions: NKYTA and Darren S
On my trip to Buffalo this week I was thinking they need two things at the superchargers, one was trash cans, and the other was squeegees. Hmmm, sounds like what gas stations all have! And since I have a bad knee at the moment having a few vending machines near them wouldn't be a bad idea either. Having to walk across the huge mall parking lot, since the chargers are always in the furthest corner, isn't worth it. More than once on my trip I charged then drove up much closer to take care of business which adds to the stop time. I'm always telling skeptical friends that you stop for 15 minutes anyway when you gotta go but now I've added to the charge time too.
Agreed and I still don't know why more locations don't have squeegees and trash cans. A few places do but very very few. Here is a night pic at Big Timber, MT from Oct 2016 and Clearwater, MN back in May 2019 so these have been around forever and don't know why more haven't added them (I'd guess that I've only seen maybe a dozen or two places like this over the past 800 or so locations).

Also, I about fell off the couch when I saw this ad on tv by Hyundai, No gas no squeegee. I've never been told this but have always been expecting it but many times I will buy a snack or drink at the gas station or convenience store at the charger so I feel justified in using their air and squeegee and trash can.

Perhaps this happens more in NJ where they STILL aren't allowed to pump their own gas (I'll never understand that) yet WE are required to 'fuel' our own EV. I made a tongue-in-cheek remark to a Gas Attendant in NJ once asking if THEY have to plug in my vehicle but they didn't think it was very witty.

1655469650262.png

1655469505947.png

@cpa I of course drove by “your“ iconic fwy sign again today. 🤣🤗
I knew it was coming up, but is a sign picture on the fwy going to be better on TACC and autopilot?
I could be bothered after the first five times over a decade.

Seriously, if you take the exit and head south to the present day campus research facility, you will see the vestiges of the once infamous Zzyzx Hot Springs spot that was built by a huckster-cum-radio evangelist, Curtis H. Springer. He squatted on government land after the war and constructed the buildings and baths there. It took the feds and the County of San Bernardino several years in the late 60s to remove him. His pitch was that people could just show up and stay as long as they like for free. He made his money by his proselytizing on the radio and "donations" on site. It is now the home for Cal State San Bernardino (I believe) desert studies institute.

Meanwhile, that exit is also firmly etched in my mind. In July 2008 when gas prices were ~$4.50/gallon, I was heading to Vegas to play in a bridge tournament. I had packed an ice chest (clearly visible--first mistake) with some of my home brewed beer to drink in the evenings after each day's events. I had stopped for some Mexican food for lunch and had two pints of cerveza with my lunch (second mistake.) Earlier that morning, I had my annual appointment with my retinal surgeon, so of course my pupils were dilated and four hours later were still like saucers.

Just as I passed Rasor Rd., I got into the #1 lane to pass a couple of semis. I was driving 71/70 to pass. Next thing you know, red lights are visible in my rear-view. I safely change lanes, and the cop is still on my ass. I pull over, get my paperwork in order to hand to him as he approaches on the passenger side. I had them to him and get a reply, "What are these for?" OK, I say, I'll put them away. "No, hand them over." Done. After his customary checking of my extensive criminal background, he returns and said that I was "hugging the line." I inquired if I committed a lane violation (that is, was I driving on the paint.) No, but have you been drinking? I mistakenly said that I had a beer at lunch in Barstow. He wanted to see the contents of the visible ice chest. I showed him with the unlabeled 22-ounce beer bottles. He thought he had a live one. There was a lot of foul language coming from his mouth during this roadside adventure. You can imagine the names he called me and all the F-bombs he dropped in his officerly discourse, doubtless taught at the CHP Academy. (This guy looked to be about 25.)

I'm ordered out of the car in the blazing heat, ordered to remove my sunglasses. Any request that I made like can I have my back to the sun, officer, or may I put on a pair of tennis shoes (I was wearing flip-flops) were denied. Twelve roadside tests later (never knew there were twelve!) he ambles back to his patrol car for the breath test. I blow three different times into two different devices.....drum roll.... .016. He said I passed all the coordination tests. He asked me if he could arrest me.

Now I knew he was f*cked. I said, "Officer, you will do whatever you want to do. You have a gun. You have a badge." [Then I cited the law about >= .08 versus .06 to .08. So do as you choose because I will be prepared.] I thought I was free, but no-o-o-o. He ordered me back into the car while he returned to his patrol car. Ten minutes later he returns with my paperwork and gives me an avuncular pep talk. I asked the officer why all the hostility toward me earlier, and what is your name and ID #. He told me to beat it before he changed his mind. I assume he was looking for a "drug" expert because of my dilated pupils, but one was not in the vicinity. 4A and all that. Later, a friend who does some criminal defense work said that had I pressed the matter that the Chippies would have had some problems.

I exited at Zzyzx Road and pulled off to view the traffic on the interstate. He never appeared, ostensibly crossing in the median and returning whence he came.

I have no problem with being pulled over. I have no problem with his suspicions. But like many things in life, do your job right, do it professionally, and measure your responses and reflexes to match the situation.

I'm not sure I follow the same thinking. They already know your VIN when you connect to the charger.

My pic from May 2018 and I don't know if they still have this metric inside but it would be neat to see current stats for stuff like this compared to 4 yrs ago.

US = 575 superchargers and Europe = 400
405.6 million kWh delivered
1.39 Billion miles enabled
63.3 million gallons of gas saved

View attachment 817607
I guess it is for Junior Ranger garble to prove he was there at my stall and did the “safety / convenience“ check.
I suppose if they expand this, TM could possibly use this for various reasons, safety announcements, marketing, promotion, etc.

It didn’t feel invasive, but I would note that he did NOT ask to take a pick of my VIN. 🧐

My wife noticed an app notification today, with a $0 “invoice” for those services rendered, which further muddies the water on what they intend for the future. Compared to Google et. al. Meh.

Oh, and Darren, I haven’t seen “the big board“ at Kettleman or the Hawthorne mothership showing those juicy stats for some time. It was nice back in the day when you actually had to wait for a charge after taking a leak. Most recent have been a small few that are in combined Sales+SvCs across the country.

Reactions: Darren S
Seriously, if you take the exit and head south to the present day campus research facility, you will see the vestiges of the once infamous Zzyzx Hot Springs spot that was built by a huckster-cum-radio evangelist, Curtis H. Springer. He squatted on government land after the war and constructed the buildings and baths there. It took the feds and the County of San Bernardino several years in the late 60s to remove him. His pitch was that people could just show up and stay as long as they like for free. He made his money by his proselytizing on the radio and "donations" on site. It is now the home for Cal State San Bernardino (I believe) desert studies institute.

Meanwhile, that exit is also firmly etched in my mind. In July 2008 when gas prices were ~$4.50/gallon, I was heading to Vegas to play in a bridge tournament. I had packed an ice chest (clearly visible--first mistake) with some of my home brewed beer to drink in the evenings after each day's events. I had stopped for some Mexican food for lunch and had two pints of cerveza with my lunch (second mistake.) Earlier that morning, I had my annual appointment with my retinal surgeon, so of course my pupils were dilated and four hours later were still like saucers.

Just as I passed Rasor Rd., I got into the #1 lane to pass a couple of semis. I was driving 71/70 to pass. Next thing you know, red lights are visible in my rear-view. I safely change lanes, and the cop is still on my ass. I pull over, get my paperwork in order to hand to him as he approaches on the passenger side. I had them to him and get a reply, "What are these for?" OK, I say, I'll put them away. "No, hand them over." Done. After his customary checking of my extensive criminal background, he returns and said that I was "hugging the line." I inquired if I committed a lane violation (that is, was I driving on the paint.) No, but have you been drinking? I mistakenly said that I had a beer at lunch in Barstow. He wanted to see the contents of the visible ice chest. I showed him with the unlabeled 22-ounce beer bottles. He thought he had a live one. There was a lot of foul language coming from his mouth during this roadside adventure. You can imagine the names he called me and all the F-bombs he dropped in his officerly discourse, doubtless taught at the CHP Academy. (This guy looked to be about 25.)

I'm ordered out of the car in the blazing heat, ordered to remove my sunglasses. Any request that I made like can I have my back to the sun, officer, or may I put on a pair of tennis shoes (I was wearing flip-flops) were denied. Twelve roadside tests later (never knew there were twelve!) he ambles back to his patrol car for the breath test. I blow three different times into two different devices.....drum roll.... .016. He said I passed all the coordination tests. He asked me if he could arrest me.

Now I knew he was f*cked. I said, "Officer, you will do whatever you want to do. You have a gun. You have a badge." [Then I cited the law about >= .08 versus .06 to .08. So do as you choose because I will be prepared.] I thought I was free, but no-o-o-o. He ordered me back into the car while he returned to his patrol car. Ten minutes later he returns with my paperwork and gives me an avuncular pep talk. I asked the officer why all the hostility toward me earlier, and what is your name and ID #. He told me to beat it before he changed his mind. I assume he was looking for a "drug" expert because of my dilated pupils, but one was not in the vicinity. 4A and all that. Later, a friend who does some criminal defense work said that had I pressed the matter that the Chippies would have had some problems.

I exited at Zzyzx Road and pulled off to view the traffic on the interstate. He never appeared, ostensibly crossing in the median and returning whence he came.

I have no problem with being pulled over. I have no problem with his suspicions. But like many things in life, do your job right, do it professionally, and measure your responses and reflexes to match the situation.
I truly think I could have used every “reaction” allowed on TMC for your post. You are stuck with a Like, “sorry”??

Next time I pass Zzyzx Road, I will bring a cooler of some beer. Exit the Hwy, and turn on my non-existant CHP radio….and hope for the best. I won’t drink the beer, but accellerate onto the interstate at 8mph over. Sounds like fun depending on the truckers at that time.

Thanks for sharing such a weird story!