Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - West Des Moines, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Buried at the bottom of a completely unrelated story, I found this in the Des Moines Register today:

Tesla Superchargers planned for West Des Moines Hy-Vee
Elon Musk's Tesla Motors plans to install eight of its Supercharger stations in West Des Moines, marking the first ones in the Des Moines metro.

The electric-vehicle car maker and technology company approached Hy-Vee about the charging stations, a Hy-Vee spokeswoman said. They would be installed in the parking lot of the West Lakes Hy-Vee, 1725 Jordan Creek Parkway.

A contract is still under negotiation, but Hy-Vee hopes the stations are installed by the end of the year, the spokeswoman said.

Telepharm expects to expand to 80 Iowa towns

Hoping for more news soon about the rest of Iowa and the I-80/I-35 corridors.

Buried at the bottom of a completely unrelated story, I found this in the Des Moines Register today:

Tesla Superchargers planned for West Des Moines Hy-Vee
Elon Musk's Tesla Motors plans to install eight of its Supercharger stations in West Des Moines, marking the first ones in the Des Moines metro.

The electric-vehicle car maker and technology company approached Hy-Vee about the charging stations, a Hy-Vee spokeswoman said. They would be installed in the parking lot of the West Lakes Hy-Vee, 1725 Jordan Creek Parkway.

A contract is still under negotiation, but Hy-Vee hopes the stations are installed by the end of the year, the spokeswoman said.

Telepharm expects to expand to 80 Iowa towns

Hoping for more news soon about the rest of Iowa and the I-80/I-35 corridors.

Awesome news, thanks for posting!

Awesome news!!!

I've been waiting for a supercharger at this site in order to make my trip from Rochester, MN to Omaha less anxiety provoking.

Doesn't look like there are a lot of dining options near that HyVee from the aerial photo.

Good enough for BlueShift apparently. ;) (Although it's currently in the wrong place. I've emailed to correct.)

Now fixed. (Thanks BlueShift).

Interstates: I-35, I-80
US Highways (<=5mi): US-6

I-35:
To: Albert Lea, MN - 163 miles
Diversion: 4 miles
I-80:
To: Peru, IL (SI status Permit) - 260 miles
To: Country Club Hills, IL - 379 miles
Diversion: < 1 mile.

Awesome news!!!

I've been waiting for a supercharger at this site in order to make my trip from Rochester, MN to Omaha less anxiety provoking.

Doesn't look like there are a lot of dining options near that HyVee from the aerial photo.

If this Hy Vee is anything like the one over on Douglas Ave., it's more like a Costco, including a substantial deli area, and a place to sit down while you eat. It's not a restaurant, but there's plenty of different types of food. And bathrooms. And it's open 24-hours/day. There is a Panera down the street (within walking distance).