Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - West Des Moines, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is really great news for our future trip from Overland Park, KS to Verona, WI. One thing that I have seen is that when I put the WI address on the Navigation system it shows all the SC en-route including the one in Independence, MO. We really don't need to stop there as there is enough charge to take us to Des Moines, IA. I called Tesla support and suggested that we should have the option to remove a SC. Granted one can ignore the direction to a SC and after a while the Nav system will recalculate the route.

This is really great news for our future trip from Overland Park, KS to Verona, WI. One thing that I have seen is that when I put the WI address on the Navigation system it shows all the SC en-route including the one in Independence, MO. We really don't need to stop there as there is enough charge to take us to Des Moines, IA. I called Tesla support and suggested that we should have the option to remove a SC. Granted one can ignore the direction to a SC and after a while the Nav system will recalculate the route.
Just FYI, if you press the voice command button and say "note", (just like "navigate" or "call", whatever you say is a "note" that is sent to tesla technical support. Will save you a call

That is neat! Thanks. Do you know if the current Tesla owners will have an upgrade path to the recently announced Auto-steer 2.0?

Elon has already stated it won't be possible. Let's stay on topic.

I used this station yesterday. Nobody else showed up except for a ICE driver with loads of questions about the car/driving an EV. Withing walking distance is a nice laser car wash and hyvee gas station.

wghylqf.jpg

Dm2VxsL.jpg

08IbuVP.jpg

aacmbsE.jpg

KDTbGlT.jpg

0Kqy4UF.jpg

Last edited:
Both of those stalls looked to be marked with the "30 minute general parking" signs. If so, nothing new here.
Yeah, but where that parking is, I highly doubt there is EVER demand for those spots. It's the furthest north east corner of the parking lot. Every time we have been to that HyVee (shopping) over the last few years, the 2 double sided rows up to the charger row only have a couple of cars in them. These were just ICEholes.