Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - West Des Moines, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truck stops are not the image that Tesla wants to project.

Just the image on Tesla being slow and driving only 55MPH on 80MPH i80 getting passed like crazy and parking at RV parks overnight get across in Wyoming or Nebraska. JK ;)

I'm just a bit upset about the delay is all, I finally decided to by my Tesla after being told at a few Tesla Stores that i80 was being done in 2015, it's mid 2016 still Tesla still doesn't have any new permits.

• Helpful
Reactions: jvonbokel
Just the image on Tesla being slow and driving only 55MPH on 80MPH i80 getting passed like crazy and parking at RV parks overnight get across in Wyoming or Nebraska. JK ;)

I'm just a bit upset about the delay is all, I finally decided to by my Tesla after being told at a few Tesla Stores that i80 was being done in 2015, it's mid 2016 still Tesla still doesn't have any new permits.
If your are coming across Nebraska - We have an 80 amp wall charger you are welcome to use at York NE. There is a 70 amp charger at Gothenburg NE at Red Barn Restaurant north side of interstate

• Helpful
If your are coming across Nebraska - We have an 80 amp wall charger you are welcome to use at York NE. There is a 70 amp charger at Gothenburg NE at Red Barn Restaurant north side of interstate
Wow, you're going to have people banging on your door in the middle of the night! I'm disappointed also about no SCs ANYWHERE in Nebraska. One of the ONLY states to not have been built out even though they keep showing up on the maps for years past. Doesn't look like this year will happen either--I've been watching. forty, very magnanimous of you to offer your charging. What kind of charger is that at Gothenburg? Do you need special adapters?

Wow, you're going to have people banging on your door in the middle of the night! I'm disappointed also about no SCs ANYWHERE in Nebraska. One of the ONLY states to not have been built out even though they keep showing up on the maps for years past. Doesn't look like this year will happen either--I've been watching. forty, very magnanimous of you to offer your charging. What kind of charger is that at Gothenburg? Do you need special adapters?

Nebraska Barn and Grill
PlugScore
Ports
EV Plug (J1772)

Stations
Sun Country
EV Plug (J1772)

Address
318 Platte River Road, Gothenburg, NE 69138

Description
I-80 exit 211. The SunCountry charger is 240v at 70 amps. 50mph

• Helpful
Thank you for your email. We are currently scouting for locations closer to Lincoln and Gothenburg; we’re not currently targeting the York area. There are a number of scenarios that can affect the timeline for a new site but we are working hard to open as many sites as quickly as we can. We understand the need for more Superchargers, especially in Nebraska, and we are excited to announce new sites on our website.

We appreciate your patience, enthusiasm and support in Tesla and our Supercharger technology.

Best regards,

The Tesla Supercharger Team

Jerry33, I keep checking supercharge.info..every day. Hoping for..something. A hint..a permit. In order to fill the map they have on their site for 2016 they're going to really have to go hard. I notice things seemed to have slowed down. So it's Arkansas, North Dakota, and..uh,hem..Nebraska. Bullocks.

Jerry..you're in Texas! Whatayoucare? :)

If you're passing through the Des Moines area, and would like a faster charge than the destination chargers (200V/40A) at Johnny's Steakhouse, you're welcome to come use my HPWC (240V/80A).

| Grimes, IA | Electric Car Charging Station | PlugShare

Thank you, David. I see you are near Rt141 which I sometimes use to get up to Carroll. I was hoping to see Des Moines and Quad Cities getting built but today there is a report that Coralville construction is starting.

Thank you, David. I see you are near Rt141 which I sometimes use to get up to Carroll. I was hoping to see Des Moines and Quad Cities getting built but today there is a report that Coralville construction is starting.

I've heard that the crew working on the Minneapolis Supercharger will be working on Des Moines.
I believe we are within a week, perhaps less, of being complete, so hopefully Des Moines is next.

• Informative
Reactions: crmatson

No prob. Just shoot me a message if you need to stop by sometime.

I've heard that the crew working on the Minneapolis Supercharger will be working on Des Moines.
I believe we are within a week, perhaps less, of being complete, so hopefully Des Moines is next.

That's good to hear. Hope that's the case.

I drove by the West Des Moine Hy-Vee and noticed some staging. No one was around to ask if it was for the SC but I assume it is.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

A Supercharger in the Des Moines area! This is truly great news. We have travelled up and own I-35 for the past 3 1/2 years without a SuperChargers and will greatly appreciate one now. We want to thank Brent in Ankeny where we have stayed and used his charger dozens of times and DDarrow in Des Moines who welcomed us to his home while using his 80 amp. We may still do our nightly stay over in Des Moines but we will soon have an option to pick any hotel or drive a few miles further north or south of the city.
Thanks Tesla for finally realizing that this is a perfect place for I-35 and I-80 travelers to stop.

Reactions: DDarrow