Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Superchargers - West Des Moines, IA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Am doing that drive in about 5 weeks - was planning to go through Kansas City. It's a bit out of the way but it seems much faster than going the whole way without SCs.

I've made 2 trips from Denver to just west of Cedar Rapids. I take I-70 to Topeka then go NE to Council Bluffs then take I-80 to Des Moines. Takes me about 16 hours (charging included, no overnight stops). Autopilot loves I-70.

Reactions: Tree95
I've made 2 trips from Denver to just west of Cedar Rapids. I take I-70 to Topeka then go NE to Council Bluffs then take I-80 to Des Moines. Takes me about 16 hours (charging included, no overnight stops). Autopilot loves I-70.

That's the route I was thinking of taking, though I'll stop at Des Moines. Man, you must be right at the edge when you get to Cedar Rapids. evtripplanner puts that 284RM away from the Cedar Bluffs charger.

That's the route I was thinking of taking, though I'll stop at Des Moines. Man, you must be right at the edge when you get to Cedar Rapids. evtripplanner puts that 284RM away from the Cedar Bluffs charger.

I actually have family about 45 miles west of Cedar Rapids. Usually have about 20 or 30 miles of range left after charging to 100% in Council Bluffs. Don't think I could made it in the winter comfortably, but the Des Moines charger will make it an easy trip.

Just drove through. No transformer or meter yet, but for the first time in weeks there was some activity today. Appears they did some prep in anticipation of the transformer arriving as the wood box was not there earlier. Hopefully soon!

Attachments

• IMG_3258.JPG
    IMG_3258.JPG
    398.2 KB · Views: 137
Reactions: B Lo and crmatson
Just drove by. No change to report. Still a large hole near the curb that has yet to be filled in. I'm guessing that they may be waiting on some final inspection of those connections. Sure is getting frustrating.
No kidding! Totally first world issue, but man, come on Tesla! I really want to use it this week for two over-and-backs for soccer games. I certainly wont be holding my breath... Thanks for checking DDarrow...