Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging at Home (error)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Car has been intermittently reporting that it is supercharging while plugged in at home. Happening on a brand new UMC and an older UMC. Service has looked at it once and now is going to be looking into it again. Posting to see if anyone else has run into this issue and what solutions were employed. I'll be passing them along to service center.

Center screen reboot fixes error for some amount of time but it always has returned. Have not actually supercharged the car since error started to occur. Car has dual chargers, but I doubt that is contributing.

85966b9f14dabc3d079debe80000eaec.jpg

I had an issue last summer where the OTA update failed to install. While the car mostly worked, there were a few software glitches here and there. One of them was that when I plugged the car in at home (at the time we were charging at 120v, 20a), it would report charging at 500 mi/hr, despite clearly not.

Tesla tried diagnosing it remotely and determined we had some hardware issue. I'm still not sure exactly what it was, but they ended up replacing our center display unit and its been fine since.