Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 9th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Supercharging at Home (error)

Car has been intermittently reporting that it is supercharging while plugged in at home. Happening on a brand new UMC and an older UMC. Service has looked at it once and now is going to be looking into it again. Posting to see if anyone else has run into this issue and what solutions were employed. I'll be passing them along to service center.

Center screen reboot fixes error for some amount of time but it always has returned. Have not actually supercharged the car since error started to occur. Car has dual chargers, but I doubt that is contributing.

85966b9f14dabc3d079debe80000eaec.jpg

mknox

Aug 7, 2012
Toronto, ON
Have you also been able to supercharge successfully?

I don't Supercharge that often (last time was in October), but yes it seems to be fine. It better be fine because I'm heading out on a Toronto to Chicago road trip with my family on Saturday!

I think this "Supercharging" message on the app is just a glitch in the recent software.

I had an issue last summer where the OTA update failed to install. While the car mostly worked, there were a few software glitches here and there. One of them was that when I plugged the car in at home (at the time we were charging at 120v, 20a), it would report charging at 500 mi/hr, despite clearly not.

Tesla tried diagnosing it remotely and determined we had some hardware issue. I'm still not sure exactly what it was, but they ended up replacing our center display unit and its been fine since.

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC