TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

Supercharging Credits "S"

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by bnsfengineer, Sep 20, 2017.

1. bnsfengineer

bnsfengineer Member

Hey I'm a new guy and just took delivery last Saturday and after I signed into "My Tesla" account it shows limited on Supercharging????? WHATTTT??? I used friends referral code and now I am limited? Sent three emails and no response? Is this just a default in the site? Anyone else have this after delivery?

2. ShockOnT

ShockOnT ⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️⚡️

It should be fine, Tesla is famously slow to respond to emails.
    If you used a friends referral then you get free supercharging, and Tesla will clear it up.

• Informative x 1
  3. Spainman54

Spainman54 Member

Your account just takes a few days to update. It you used a referral code then it is unlimited supercharging for as long as you own the car. Have fun with your new car.

• Helpful x 1
    • Like x 1
  4. scottm

scottm Active Member

'grat's on the new car ! (Maybe you want to update your signature tag line in your TMC profile so people know what you're driving.)

• Helpful x 1
  5. bnsfengineer

bnsfengineer Member

Thanks for the tip!! I did not know it was under "Signature" Lol

6. slasher

slasher Member

Same here. I emailed them and am waiting to hear back.

7. stan23

stan23 Member

Same problem. Took about a week and a half before 'free supercharging' was shown on my tesla page.

• Helpful x 1
  8. arcus

arcus Member

Congrats on your cars, guys. Don't fret - like others already stated your account just takes time to update. If in doubt, reach out to your DS (if you haven't yet).

• Helpful x 1
  9. Irishpilot

Irishpilot Member

I'm in the same boat with my account not updated. Waiting on delivery!

10. GaryW

GaryW Supporting Member

I took delivery ~10 days ago. The web page shows free supercharging as of today.

11. bnsfengineer

bnsfengineer Member

Thanks! They just updated mine!!

• Like x 1
  12. melburstein

melburstein Member

I am in the exact same situation as you.

13. melburstein

melburstein Member

Update. My account now shows that I have unlimited free use, but that it is not transferable to a new owner. Thanks Tesla.

14. YauKwan

YauKwan Member

you're says its not transferable? Is that new? Mine says its still transferable.

Supercharging
    You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will transfer to the next owner. In addition, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.

15. stan23

stan23 Member

Yes, this is new-ish. Last few months?

Here's what it says under my tesla account.

Supercharging
    You have free, unlimited Supercharging for your current Tesla vehicle as well as any new Model S or Model X purchased before December 31, 2017. If you choose to sell your current Tesla, free Supercharging will not transfer to the next owner. Also, up to five friends you refer will also receive free Supercharging. Read our Supercharging terms.

16. GaryW

GaryW Supporting Member

Mine says the same thing. I took delivery this month.

17. Sparky

Sparky Member

Same here and I bought as a current S owner and used my own referral code. The only problem was the day after I got my X, I headed up to Idaho for the eclipse. Put ~2000 miles on in 5 days. Supercharging along the way.
    Ran out of the 400 kWh credit on my way home and $-owed started showing up on my Supercharging screen as well as MyTesla.
    Took awhile for those charges to clear since for some reason they assumed it was an "overtime" charge not an energy charge.
    So, I had to listen to some well intentioned but patronizing Service Center people explain about sitting too long at the Superchargers. (sigh)
    It did eventually get cleared up but the charge was reversed as "goodwill" instead of a Tesla foul-up, a couple weeks after unlimited Supercharging was initiated.

18. brkaus

brkaus Active Member

Cars purchased roughly before Feb 2017 have supercharging that will transfer.

Cars purchased after (and any 100d models) are only as long as the current owner has the car.