Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging disabled after 2020.48 [salvage title model 3]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Up untill now I have not heard people complaining about their 'unsupported' model 3s having disabled supercharging but it seems like after the holiday update there was this little suprise. I don't have a supercharger close by so I am asking here if someone with salvage model 3 got his access cut after the update? At least they have left the option to fast charge from other networks ..

Up untill now I have not heard people complaining about their 'unsupported' model 3s having disabled supercharging but it seems like after the holiday update there was this little suprise. I don't have a supercharger close by so I am asking here if someone with salvage model 3 got his access cut after the update? At least they have left the option to fast charge from other networks ..

Tesla started do that a few years ago. In Europe, you guys have more options to charge at other EV chargers.

Up untill now I have not heard people complaining about their 'unsupported' model 3s having disabled supercharging but it seems like after the holiday update there was this little suprise. .

if you havent heard about it, you havent looked here very closely:

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/model-3-rebuilt-title-supercharging-removal.189858/\
Salvaged M3

Because I am not 100% sure (only 99% sure) that this has nothing to do with any specific update, I am not moving this post into the 13+ page thread I posted above on model 3s having supercharging removed. This is absolutely a thing, however, and anyone with a salvage title model 3 should expect this to happen at some point.

If you check the thread above, I believe somewhere in there is a link to teslas policy on this which says, in effect, they will remove ALL DC fast charging, so that should be the expectation. Whether its "right" or not, I am not getting into, and if this thread starts to go there I will move it into the existing discussion above, as that is the conversation in that thread.

EDIT: here is a copy and paste from teslas website on their "unsupported vehicle policy". Since this falls directly in line with teslas policy to disable supercharging on salvage title vehicles, This is not due to any specific update. Please continue any discussion in one of the linked threads above
=====================================
Privacy & Legal | Tesla

Unsupported or Salvaged Vehicle Policy
An unsupported or salvaged vehicle is a vehicle that has been declared a total loss, commonly after extensive damage caused by a crash, flooding, fire, or similar hazard, and has been (or qualifies to be) registered and/or titled by its owner as a salvaged vehicle or its equivalent pursuant to local jurisdiction or industry practice. Salvage registration/titling typically can never be removed from the vehicle so that all future persons understand the condition and value of the vehicle. Tesla does not warrant the safety or operability of salvaged vehicles. Repairs performed to bring a salvaged vehicle back into service may not meet Tesla standards or specifications and that is why the vehicle is unsupported. Consequently, any failures, damages, or injuries occurring as a result of such repairs or continued operation of an unsupported vehicle are solely the responsibility of the vehicle owner.

Until Tesla can confirm that the vehicle is in compliance with Tesla’s safety standards and vehicle specifications, Tesla does not perform or support repairs involving the HV (high-voltage) battery systems in the vehicle because of the potential for the salvage vehicle to have sustained damage that:

• Makes the vehicle unsafe to drive
  • Makes the vehicle unsafe for any repair technicians that might work on the vehicle
  • Might damage Tesla equipment, such as Superchargers
When a vehicle is classified as a salvaged vehicle:

• Any Tesla limited warranties and extended service agreements for the vehicle are void.
    NOTE: Repairs due to recalls will be performed unless the safe repair of the vehicle is prevented either by the condition of the vehicle or by vehicle modifications not installed by Tesla. If the Tesla Service Center determines that the vehicle is not safe to repair, the recall-related repair will not be performed until the customer has returned the vehicle to a condition that the Service Center determines is safe to repair.
  • Supercharging is permanently disabled.
  • Parts availability is not affected. Any Unrestricted or Over-the-Counter part may be purchased for a salvage-titled vehicle.
  • A “Salvage-Titled Vehicle HV Safety Inspection” may be performed (at the customer’s expense) on the vehicle to determine if the HV-related components are safe to work on or access.
For more information about this policy, please contact a Tesla Service Center.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.