Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for Salvage Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a salvaged model x. I was able to charge it from the last six months until today. I was on a road trip and it suddenly did not charge, I went to a destination charger it did not work. It only worked on a third-party charger. I will go to the Tesla service center tomorrow and find out what is wrong. So frustrated.

I have a salvaged model x. I was able to charge it from the last six months until today. I was on a road trip and it suddenly did not charge, I went to a destination charger it did not work. It only worked on a third-party charger. I will go to the Tesla service center tomorrow and find out what is wrong. So frustrated.
It didn't work on a destination charger? You don't mean Supercharger right?

Were you able DC fast charge on a 3rd party? Electrified America has fast chargers in alot of places now, it might be worth getting an adapter for CHademo or ccs.

I've had my salvaged title m3 since Oct 2019. Supercharging has been working for me. Should I be worried that tesla might randomly dissable it on a road trip? I would hope for a email in advance at least.
Someone reported up thread that M3 has been reported that they don't disable. If I were you, I would verify...

They certainly do it to S and X and without notice...

Last edited:
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I'm sorry, but this sounds like a circus. I hope and pray Tesla changes their business practices and decides to help us, not hate and fight us. It would make all of our lives better, and help their Karma. I don't know what they've told their service centers, but from the number of complaints on here, their attitude has changed. Mine was absolutely great 4 years ago, now the guy at the desk lies, evades, walks off, doesn't answer the phone. The Runnel Ia help center isn't any better.
Please Elon, change this. :) be a great CEO.

Rich Rebuilds recently mentioned that Tesla doesn't disable supercharging on salvaged model 3's, only on S's and X's. So please report back here whether your supercharging still works after you test it.
Can you provide me the link where rich rebuilds says tesla doesn't disable supercharging on salvaged m3. I own a salvaged m3 and I'm starved for information on if I will have my supercharging suddenly cut off. Thanks!

Reactions: ElectricIAC
So, are we talking supercharging, or FREE supercharging??

Don't know about you, but supercharging is, for most of us, a somewhat rare occurrence. I would guess 99% of charging is done at home, unless the driver lives near a SC and uses it to "save money", ie. let Tesla pay for the electricity. Some people are cheap like that. The rest of us use SC for trips, which are a very minor part of our driving.