Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for Salvage Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
But it's not Tesla's vehicle, it's the owners. If they want to DC fast charge it's up to them. Okay, you can disallow Tesla DC chargers but they brick the entire DC charging system so you can't use anyone else's either.

My understanding is that Tesla still allows CHAdeMO charging. That’s been posted by a few salvage title owners in recent months.

I'm sure if you talk to Tony Williams he could make or adopt his JDEMO Chademo adapter over to other Teslas. When I installed mine on my 2013 Toyota RAV4 EV it had 2 high voltage wires running straight to the high voltage batteries positive & negative posts. it also had a CAN bus cable connected inline to the low voltage bus of the GEN 1 Tesla Model S onboard Charger in my RAV4 EV to get battery status info from the BMS. I don't think it would be easy for him or anyone else to adapt CCS since their are licensing fees involved with CCS device production where as Chademo doesn't have licensing fees.