Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging for Salvage Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Likely a shocking experience :confused: Not recommended unless your spouse just renewed a nice life insurance policy on you :p
With all do respect.

Tesla's do have sensors and algorithms to detect issues in the high voltage system. If a fault does exist, then the car will likely through a code and not allow the contactors to close, charge or otherwise drive the car. If a issue existed and made itself known during a charging session, the session would stop and the charger stop delivering power. It's all built into the charging protocol, Tesla's are after all computer on wheels and have many safeguards to ensure safe operation.
I have never been a supporter of Tesla's draconian polices towards salvaged owners and this are of concern is only going to get worse overtime as more Tesla vehicles are on the road.

That said supercharging is a feature that was built into the price of the car and as such a feature of the car itself. (At least in all cars made before 2017) In the other hand, if say a individual owns a salvaged Tesla and needs to evacuate due to a flood, fire, hurricane, ect. Yet are unable to evacuate since there only car is a Tesla and subsequently are injured or pass away. What does that say about Tesla's policy?

Never before has there been a car company that can deactivate safety and features before and I strongly believe Tesla is violating laws by enacting this policy.

On a subjective note, they are making salvaged cars unsafe by refusing updates that may contain patches that fix serious vulnerabilities, bugs or otherwise software improvements that make the cars safer to drive. This will come back to hunt Tesla in the future when one of these cars get's into a wreck or accident that is attributed to out of date software. Not to mention autopilot is a set of features that contains automatic emergency braking and collision avoidance capabilities. That can prevent or mitigate the effects of a accident.

No offense to OP, but one generally doesn’t save money buying a salvage vehicle and then spend thousands to recertify with Tesla (knowing it can be a long, costly, and frustrating process with no guarantee of success).
I guess I can consider myself lucky, better yet, bless. I have a 2014 MS P85 salvaged and went thru the redeem process very smoothly... Cost to me was about $550 with a week loaner included. Catherine from Chantilly, VA office was my advocate and she did an awesome job. It became a bit frustrating but in the long run, it worked in my favor. I get my regular SW updates but no super charge. I would love to learn how to bypass for super charging.
I paid $29k with 5k miles; valued $64k, spent about $5k in parts and repair. It's been 2yrs with 32k miles now... Not a dime spent on repair nor maintenance - One is coming up soon.

You need the TSF app.
Tesla supercharger fixer all will run on Android and activate supercharging for salvaged Tesla models. It's pretty straightforward.

You can download the App as torrent:
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4e00ac79162f2cb837690f93443ef48b72c9bb7a&dn=Tesla_supercharger_fixer.apk&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.torrent.eu.org%3a451%2fannounce

has anyone done this? does it work?