TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharging for Sport

Discussion in 'Supercharging & Charging Infrastructure' started by PhillyGal, Jul 25, 2019.

1. PhillyGal

PhillyGal Member

#1 PhillyGal, Jul 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2019
    [​IMG]

Tesla announced its one-of-a-kind, long distance, fast charging network in late 2012. Since then, the network has become so vast and far-reaching that it is nearly impossible for any one person to catch them all. Yet that hasn’t stopped some Tesla owners from trying; at least for all the chargers on their respective continent. While Tesla certainly envisioned the network becoming a complex web of inter-connected routes, they couldn’t have possibly foreseen the game it would become...

READ FULL ARTICLE

• Like x 1
    • Love x 1
  2. MichaelP90DL

MichaelP90DL Member

I bet ol' Andy from Wyoming gets a few side-eyes from the locals. That place is a lot like rural Texas, if you subtract 30 degrees. (I used to live in Douglas).

3. theflyer

theflyer Member

• Informative x 1
  4. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

When I read the title, I thought this was going to be about supercharging at race tracks for amateur track days. This game is more like "Supercharging As Sport". :D

• Like x 1
  5. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

762 North American Superchargers as of today.

6. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

I can't imagine that those guys who run the TESLA transportation service up and down the SFO TO LA corridor don't have more overall visits. Anyone know where their numbers would come out? I know it's a business, and probably doesn't count at all.

Interesting to see from Tesla maybe who the biggest user and consumer from Superchargers overall is.

7. doug

doug Administrator / Head Moderator

They might have more overall visits, but that's not the goal here. The goal is total number of different superchargers visited, not visiting the same several superchargers over and over.

• Like x 4
  8. tivoboy

tivoboy Active Member

Totally understand, but when one looks at the tracking sheet the first column I believe is overall visits, and then comes unique visits (listed first visits?). Or is it say 740 actual first unique visits at unique superchargers as the number?

It was just a thought. Belay my last.

9. Mike Robinson

Mike Robinson Member

That must be the number of Supercharger stations, not total Superchargers

10. K1Woods

K1Woods Member

Yet some highly populated areas such as Philly suburbs - King of Prussia, Valley Forge, Plymouth Meeting etc. have yet to receive one....

11. PhillyGal

PhillyGal Member

Ain't that the truth. I submitted Neshaminy/Bensalem PA (where 276 meets Route 1) a million years ago. (4 in Tesla years.)

• Like x 1
  12. Trnsl8r

Trnsl8r S85 2012-2018, X90 since 2016, 3 since 2018

"...hometown of Wisconsin"... :)

13. napoleonblownapa

BTW, the top seven supercharger contestants met (for the first time) last May in Custer, SD, at the annual Sound of Silence Tesla Rally. There were several other people on that list in attendance, to include Tdreamer, currently #18. Mac

• Like x 2
  14. xrayangiodoc

xrayangiodoc Member

Exactly, that was the referenced category in the story.

15. Annacarolselin

16. Annacarolselin

Tesla needs Super Charges in Great Fall Montana and in Kal

17. Annacarolselin

There is no Superchargers in Great Falls and Kallispell Montana. There are level 2 chargers which are unless. You would have to stay over night to get your Tesla full charged.

18. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

The “Supercharger Count” column is how many unique Supercharger stations each competitor has charged at. I have charged at 153 unique Supercharger locations (some of them numerous times).

The “First Visits” column is for being the first person in the game to charge at a Supercharger station. I’ve been the first in the game to visit five new locations.

19. dauger

dauger Member

With all these electric road trips, why, why does the general public still believe you can't leave the city in an electric car?

I have over 11k miles in all-electric road trips under my belt since 2013, so I'm with you guys, but when I was at Grand Teton in Wyoming a lady saw the California plates on my Model S and was incredulous.

The contest I'm trying to win is to stomp out as much ignorance as I can. Is the above Supercharger Sport helping inform the general public too?

(See the link in my signature for how I'm trying.)

• Like x 1
  20. Big Earl

Big Earl Supporting Member

I talk to lots of curious onlookers when I'm traveling. One guy in Durham, NC was staking out the Supercharger waiting for someone to come charge so he could check out the cars and talk to owners. One guy gave him a ride in his Model S and I talked to him for a good ten minutes about charging costs, trip planning and driving experience.

• Like x 2