Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging invoice?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

m3gt2

Sep 14, 2015
england
Hi, I only picked my car up a couple of days ago and tried the Superchargers on the way home. It hasn't used my free miles so I know I will get charged but how do I see the cost, and how/when do they invoice/send a receipt? Thanks

I understand they will have a 'chat' with you when you have a service appointment.

We have already had some miles deducted off our lootbox miles. We have supercharged twice (50 kWh yesterday and 30kWh today) within around 24 hours of taking delivery but not sure which one(s) the 75 miles applies to. Is there a kWh to miles formula they use?

Last edited:
I understand they will have a 'chat' with you when you have a service appointment.

We have already had some miles deducted off our lootbox miles. We have supercharged twice (50 kWh yesterday and 30kWh today) within around 24 hours of taking delivery but not sure which one(s) the 75 miles applies to. Is there a kWh to miles formula they use?

Yeah, 1000 miles = 400 kWh Details of each supercharge, and whether it was deducted from the 400 kWh or charged for, are here Tesla SSO – Login

Thanks, I got charged on the card I paid the deposit on but do you not get any kind of invoice/receipt?

details here Tesla SSO – Login

• Informative
Reactions: MrBadger and m3gt2
If you supercharged in the way home from delivery, then you’ll probably never be charged that, nor get it deducted from any free referral quota.
That was my experience at least. Referral credits only started getting used the morning after delivery. The two supercharges on delivery day never appeared, costed or otherwise

Reactions: m3gt2
People have said that they were charged on the way home from collection, but I don't think I've ever seen anything definitely say their credit card was debited as distinct from "a cost for Supercharging showed up on the dashboard". So seeing a cost, and being charged, maybe be different things.
You’re right here.

My first charge on the way home from collection showed a cost on the car screen, but that was all. No mention of it on my account, and no credit card charge. My two subsequent charges do appear in both.

Reactions: WannabeOwner