Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging invoices

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

LukeT

Apr 9, 2019
UK
I've just been into my account and downloaded all of my supercharging invoices since I started paying for charging.

It strikes me that this'll become a bit of a faff over time. I'm crap at keeping on top of little admin.

Anyone aware of a way to print/download some kind of summary sheet covering a longer period? It needs VAT itemised.

On a related note, does anyone bill their employer or business for charging at home or deal with it as an expense in any other way? I've done nothing in this regard so far.

• Suppose your car averages 360 Wh/m. Less 20% for charging etc inefficiency’s becomes 432 Wh/m.
  • 0.432=kWh/m is 2.31m/kWh
  • If you’re claiming 4p/m you’ll need to charge below 9.25p/kWh to break even. That doesn’t factor in tyres etc.
If you’re travelling local to ‘home’ assuming you have an overnight tariff that’s ok. The odds are that if you travel for work you’ll be doing a distance. In which case it definitely stings.

Ultra Rapid chargers:
Tesla 29p/kWh
E.on 43p/kWh
Ionity 69p/kWh
Fastned 39p/kWh
Shell 39p/kWh
Instavolt 35p/kWh

Rapid Chargers:
Polar 20p/kWh

There are plenty of people saying employers shouldn’t be using 4ppm but some do. If your employer is 4ppm, talk to them (they need better tax advice). There is no BIK on electricity. I explained I was disincentivised to buy an EV/drive on work business.

I've just been into my account and downloaded all of my supercharging invoices since I started paying for charging.

It strikes me that this'll become a bit of a faff over time. I'm crap at keeping on top of little admin.

Anyone aware of a way to print/download some kind of summary sheet covering a longer period? It needs VAT itemised.

On a related note, does anyone bill their employer or business for charging at home or deal with it as an expense in any other way? I've done nothing in this regard so far.

I have a company owned Model 3 LR. I have an agreement with work that I expense all Supercharging to them and I pay for my home 7Kw Charging. All in all its a good deal, I try and arrive home with a decent battery.

It is still very painful every month to export each item for expenses, last year Tesla had an export and filter tool.
If anyone can do this on bulk, please let me know!

There are plenty of people saying employers shouldn’t be using 4ppm but some do. If your employer is 4ppm, talk to them (they need better tax advice). There is no BIK on electricity. I explained I was disincentivised to buy an EV/drive on work business.

Yup, once I've got some evidence of actual costs incurred, I can have a conversation with them. We've been round the same loop with advisory fuel rates vs. actual average costs for diesel and petrol.

For day trips, leaving from and returning to home, with Octopus Go, it shouldn't be an issue. Working away, or longer trips, is where the issue will grow.

I found out that when i use CHROME to visit my invoices (instead of Safari) i get extra functionality. Much easier downloads of the invoices and also a summery of a period of choice -see image-! The crazy part is that when i changed my region to USA or Canada the functionality disappeared. NO JOKE. So for a summary of jour invoices you could probably change your region to THE NETHERLANDS at the bottom of the menu.....

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2020-10-28 om 17.54.41.png
    Schermafbeelding 2020-10-28 om 17.54.41.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 156