Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

supercharging is expensive

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I tried all your suggestions but Supercharging is still expensive. I have a spouse who likes to shop, and she has started to rate Superchargers by nearby shopping experiences.

My favorite surprise Supercharger attraction: Can you beat riding the indoor ferris wheel at Scheels in Springfield, IL?

I do think Tesla should hook up an exercise bike with a generator to the Supercharger stations. It would generate so much press, even if you're only adding a tiny fraction of energy to your car. FWIW, humans can sustain a couple hundred watts of power on a bike (more of you are an Olympic athlete, up to 700w for a short time: Watch This Olympic Cyclist Try To Power A Toaster With His Bike).

• Funny
Reactions: ModelX and Fresco
I have found that the cost of supercharging is expensive. When I charge at home I plug it in and go in the house. When I am at a supercharger I go into the nearest restaurant or store and buy junk to eat. I normally do not buy lunch but when I am supercharging I always seem to buy lunch. Not only is my wallet hurting but so is my waist line. LOL

Deja vu! I recall reading here an almost identical post 2+ years ago. Tried to find it, but hidden in the millions of posts since. Nonetheless, just know, you are not alone. Besides, wouldn't you rather have the temptation of shopping and eating than the alternatives? Cheers!

So is my math correct that an Olympic athlete would need to bike at full power for about half an hour to drive his model S one mile? 600w * 30 min = 300wh

That math seems right to me, which means a couple or few hours of pedaling for a regular fit human to add one mile of range. Ouch! But, put a Supercharger next to one of those fitness centers and wire in all their various exercise machines and we're talking!