Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Issue

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry to hear that. Looks like your car is capped worse than mine for some reason. Mine doesn’t taper off to 70kW until my SoC is well over 50% IIRC.
I have't had your experience in the last 2 years with our 11/13 built S85. Our experience is more like hpjtv's where sometimes I'll see rates as high as 128kW for a few seconds before coming down below 100kW a minute or two later. Other times, my initial charging rate might be no higher than 64kW no matter the %SOC and battery temp. Sometimes it's the SuC stall and moving to another will give me a faster session and other times there is no improvement.

I would love a on-board diagnosis where I can be told why the charging session is slower than it ought to be. Wouldn't it be so cool if you saw any of the following messages:

• Supercharger stall is experiencing slower than normal rates. Use another stall if available.
  • Supercharger site is experiencing slower than normal rates. Continue using this stall as no other stall will improve your session.
  • Supercharging session is slower because battery temperature is below --F
  • Supercharging session is slower because SOC%
  • Supercharging session is slower because of a battery cell anomaly
  • Supercharging session is optimal
I don't expect any of these things to happen, but it won't stop this guy from wishing.

Reactions: Country Roads
A group-lawsuit is going on in Norway as we speak which I am part of. Also in Denmark I believe. Regarding reduced supercharging-speed. There was an update 2019 causing this. Tesla has never officially mentioned anything about this, that's what provokes me the most. Had my 2014 P85 since new. From my papers when I bought the car the time of charging is almost doubled.