Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging.Life database

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious, how is the badges updated in the new format?

View attachment 835637

Not that I REALLY want my "Europe Leader" badge back :)
Badges are a work-in-process and are not being updated currently. We put in the structure for badges and converted old badges, but we have ideas on overhauling the maintenance process including automating some of the badges similar to the way centuries were automated.

It's on the list....

Reactions: NKYTA and Bredo
I have a question. When viewing a person's map, what is the difference between a red and green pin?

1659632158411.png

Green is unvisited by anyone.
Ok, that functionality is odd then. I got to the map by clicking on "Map" on another user's page. Based on that interaction one would assume they would be viewing the map of that user's checkins, which would mean all pins would have to have at least one check in. It seems odd to have to toggle to show that user's checkins when I explicitly navigated there from a user's profile.

Ok, that functionality is odd then. I got to the map by clicking on "Map" on another user's page. Based on that interaction one would assume they would be viewing the map of that user's checkins, which would mean all pins would have to have at least one check in. It seems odd to have to toggle to show that user's checkins when I explicitly navigated there from a user's profile.
All maps on supercharging.life are configured to show unvisited because that is the game's purpose. You can toggle visited on as you indicated or you can visit Tableau for many more views of a competitor's activities.

You can use the "recent check-ins" view to see who's been active in the last couple of days.

Reactions: NKYTA
There are 4 map views when you click on "map" for a user from their page. Click on the view you want to switch between the different views (the three you are not viewing will appear in blue indicating they are clickable).

1. Unvisited (Open) for that user (this is the default view)
2. All (all superchargers - will look the same for everyone)
3. Visited by that user
4. Unvisited (Open and Construction) for that user (same as the first view but also shows superchargers under construction)

We default to the first view because that is what most of us use - looking for new conquests! I suppose if we are stalking a different competitor we could have it default to a different view. For now, just click to their visited if that is what you want. When you have 15 you want to see where you've been. When you have 1500 you want to see where you haven't been. :)

As stated the green pins on unvisited are ones nobody in the game has checked in to yet, and will be the same on everyone's unvisited map.

1659636480136.png

Last edited:
I used this feature yesterday while heading up the Peninsula.

First, it worked almost flawlessly. I think the movers and shakers behind this should take a bow (or curtsy.)

Second, I entered my check-ins from the touchscreen. It was not intuitive. I clicked on "check-in." That returned a big zero and scolded me about some sort of geolocation thingy. So, I guessed to go to my map. Again, I was scolded about this geolocation error. However, the pins did show up after I dismissed it. All I had to do was slide the map over until I was in the general vicinity. (I think it centers on Iowa.) Then, I blew up the map to find the specific pin. Then I pressed the pin and the "check-in" screen appeared. However, the first couple of times I did not notice the "Submit" button at the bottom of the comment boxes. (Maybe if the submit button were highlighted in a bold color?)

Small nits, to say the least. Well done and thank you!

Should I do things differently next time?

I used this feature yesterday while heading up the Peninsula.

First, it worked almost flawlessly. I think the movers and shakers behind this should take a bow (or curtsy.)

Second, I entered my check-ins from the touchscreen. It was not intuitive. I clicked on "check-in." That returned a big zero and scolded me about some sort of geolocation thingy. So, I guessed to go to my map. Again, I was scolded about this geolocation error. However, the pins did show up after I dismissed it. All I had to do was slide the map over until I was in the general vicinity. (I think it centers on Iowa.) Then, I blew up the map to find the specific pin. Then I pressed the pin and the "check-in" screen appeared. However, the first couple of times I did not notice the "Submit" button at the bottom of the comment boxes. (Maybe if the submit button were highlighted in a bold color?)

Small nits, to say the least. Well done and thank you!

Should I do things differently next time?
Touchscreen is probably blocking your location which the website uses to bring up the list of superchargers near your location, and position the map with your location as the center. Look at the "Using supercharging.life from the car's browser" section of this post and see if that helps. Supercharging.Life database

Reactions: NKYTA
Touchscreen is probably blocking your location which the website uses to bring up the list of superchargers near your location, and position the map with your location as the center. Look at the "Using supercharging.life from the car's browser" section of this post and see if that helps. Supercharging.Life database
Ok, thank you!

I did not notice the tear drop with the little red x. I changed the command to allow geolocation. Now, my map is centered on California. Do the dimensions remain constant, or do they expand and contract? (In other words, I will need to dial in or dial out to select the pin.) Not a problem one way or the other! With chronically slow Supercharging speeds, I need a little extra activity to while away the minutes.....

I won't be on the road any time soon.

Ok, thank you!

I did not notice the tear drop with the little red x. I changed the command to allow geolocation. Now, my map is centered on California. Do the dimensions remain constant, or do they expand and contract? (In other words, I will need to dial in or dial out to select the pin.) Not a problem one way or the other! With chronically slow Supercharging speeds, I need a little extra activity to while away the minutes.....

I won't be on the road any time soon.
Pretty sure you can zoom by "pinching" and move the map by "dragging".

"Check-in Now" should be pre-filled with the closest supercharger and the current date/time.

It’s awesome. My trips used to be a handwritten list of an apparent loop that I’d figure out at the time of departure. And I’d record my visits in Notes at each stop. Now, I just get in the car and look at my map to see what’s next. And I copy paste all my visits when I get home.

Is there a reason that multiple check ins at the same site is possible? I’d prefer that I’d be alerted to the fact that I’m trying to check in at an already visited charger. Could save a costly mistake.

Last edited:
It’s awesome. My trips used to be a handwritten list of an apparent loop that I’d figure out at the time of departure. And I’d record my visits in Notes at each stop. Now, I just get I. The car and look at my map to see what’s next. And I copy paste all my visits when I get home.

Is there a reason that multiple check ins at the same site is possible? I’d prefer that I’d be alerted to the fact that I’m trying to check in at an already visited charger. Could save a costly mistake.
We will track this request. There is no harm in a double-check-in. You can always delete the second check-in later. The database allows multiple check-ins to a location for those who want to track all of their Supercharger stops. We are considering several ways to warn you that you've recently checked-in to this location already.

It’s awesome. My trips used to be a handwritten list of an apparent loop that I’d figure out at the time of departure. And I’d record my visits in Notes at each stop. Now, I just get in the car and look at my map to see what’s next. And I copy paste all my visits when I get home.

This is exactly why supercharging.life is so much better than the old spreadsheet.

1. If we use scl to checkin, and we checkin to the wrong supercharger, it is probably because we are at the wrong one!! With the old system we probably would have logged the visit to the new supercharger thinking that is where we were. We would only discover the mistake if we looked at our charging history and saw we were actually at a different charger.
2. If you use scl to checkin and you are at the wrong charger, you are correct that it will record a duplicate checkin for the supercharger you have already been to. But since the maps are real-time, the red pin for the one you were supposed to be at will still be there!! You won't have to wait for an overnight Tableau update to find out.
3. The realtime maps will point out the classic rookie mistake with two chargers that are very close together - we think there is only one because the pins are on top of each other. We visit one, and with the old system it would be the next day Tableau was updated we would realize we missed one. With scl, we checkin to the first and see there is still a pin on our map (the one that was obscured)! But at least we are not 500 miles away!

Like @theflyer said we are looking at a warning for duplicate checkins - but we are already so much better off.

It really is awesome. Thanks @aNullValue for all the work you put in to this!!!

Like I said, it’s all awesome. I thought it was foolproof and really leveled the playing field for people who aren’t always paying attention. Just noticed some duplicates recorded recently and was thinking of the potential downsides. But you’re right, there wouldn’t be a red target to pursue if it were already visited.

We will track this request. There is no harm in a double-check-in. You can always delete the second check-in later. The database allows multiple check-ins to a location for those who want to track all of their Supercharger stops. We are considering several ways to warn you that you've recently checked-in to this location already.
Here is an example of a dup checkin.
They are in order of when I visited.
I did NOT try to check in to Des Moines at the end of the day. Also, I don’t think I double clicked Submit twice when I got it.

This has happened only twice, so it is merely confusing, and I just don‘t copy the last line to paste into the main thread.

Check-ins for 2022-08-04
- Bethany, MO (#1385)
- Des Moines, IA (#1386)
- Grinnell, IA (#1387)
- Iowa City, IA (#1388)
- Mount Pleasant, IA (#1389)
- Walcott, IA (#1390)
- Cedar Rapids, IA (#1391)
- Waterloo, IA (#1392)
- Des Moines, IA (repeat)