Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging nerfed with 100D

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed starting a couple or so weeks ago that I have not been able to get more than 109 kW at a supercharger. Previously I would routinely get upto 140-160 kW. I have 87k miles on my 100D, bought it in 2017. I drive a good bit, and often myself low when out and about, so I charge at a supercharger. On occasion I do charge at my apartment garage and on road trips of course I use superchargers, except if I'm stopping somewhere for a bit that has a destination charger.

I have read that Tesla will nerf you after a while, and I'm thinking I've hit that. At 2 different superchargers I have yet to exceed 109 kW, even when starting in the 5%-10% range, and they were both 250kW variety, so no splitting.

I noticed starting a couple or so weeks ago that I have not been able to get more than 109 kW at a supercharger. Previously I would routinely get upto 140-160 kW. I have 87k miles on my 100D, bought it in 2017. I drive a good bit, and often myself low when out and about, so I charge at a supercharger. On occasion I do charge at my apartment garage and on road trips of course I use superchargers, except if I'm stopping somewhere for a bit that has a destination charger.

I have read that Tesla will nerf you after a while, and I'm thinking I've hit that. At 2 different superchargers I have yet to exceed 109 kW, even when starting in the 5%-10% range, and they were both 250kW variety, so no splitting.

It is likely Tesla has throttled speeds for you there's no definitive way to check that I know of. What are the ambient temps at which you are charging at? I know speeds are dependent on battery temperature and SOC. However, since you've mentioned that you supercharge quite often I think Tesla may have throttled your speeds unfortunately, from what I have read high supercharger usage tends to lead to throttling.

It is likely Tesla has throttled speeds for you there's no definitive way to check that I know of. What are the ambient temps at which you are charging at? I know speeds are dependent on battery temperature and SOC. However, since you've mentioned that you supercharge quite often I think Tesla may have throttled your speeds unfortunately, from what I have read high supercharger usage tends to lead to throttling.

Ambient temps have been in the 50s-70s. I do take a lot of road trips for which Supercharging is the best approach obviously.

only on occassion? Also, do you have free supercharging? One can only wonder if there may be a link to nerfing and free supercharging...

You could request remote analysis through the app.

Tesla can see if how many DC charging KwH you have on the car.

Of course you can find out yourself with CAN bus reader. I have about 2500 KwH, but much less miles than you.

From memory, 10000 KwH of DC charging is when the nerfing starts.