Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging Not Recorded

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 1000 miles free and need to use it all up by 22 November.
Last week I went into a Supercharger and filled from 7% to 85%, about 250 miles,
The number of free miles in my Loot Box has not changed...
Is this a known issue?
I'll try again this week!!

You should be able to see your charging history under account->charging->history which will also tell you how many referral miles have been used or whether they’re billing you. If it’s not listed at all then you may have a free charge for some reason

I got 1000 miles free and need to use it all up by 22 November.
Last week I went into a Supercharger and filled from 7% to 85%, about 250 miles,
The number of free miles in my Loot Box has not changed...
Is this a known issue?
I'll try again this week!!
I’m in a similar position with hundreds of free supercharger miles, so I called it to Birmingham today for a top up 56 to 85. My Tesla app has not reduced my available free miles (yet) but my account shows todays charge as free!

You should be able to see your charging history under account->charging->history which will also tell you how many referral miles have been used or whether they’re billing you. If it’s not listed at all then you may have a free charge for some reason
The number of miles shown in my account for each charge is substantially less than the car shows me.

Last week I charged from 6% to 85%, so adding 79% battery capacity.
Assuming 100% battery is 74 kwh and my M3 is averaging 4 miles/kwh, a full charge would give me 296 miles and 79% would give me 234 miles, not the 128 that my account says I took....

Going back through the supercharging records it seems the account is showing a similar "error". When I start to pay for electricity I hope nothing changes. 😁😁😁

The number of miles shown in my account for each charge is substantially less than the car shows me.

Last week I charged from 6% to 85%, so adding 79% battery capacity.
Assuming 100% battery is 74 kwh and my M3 is averaging 4 miles/kwh, a full charge would give me 296 miles and 79% would give me 234 miles, not the 128 that my account says I took....

Going back through the supercharging records it seems the account is showing a similar "error". When I start to pay for electricity I hope nothing changes. 😁😁😁
IIRC the the number of miles you get free is a made up number* based on what Tesla 'think' you'll get with x amount of electricity. They don't use the actual number of miles you have used to determine how many you have left. They use the amount of energy you have used. This post suggests that Tesla use a figure of 400kW for 1000miles:

* all mileage figures are made up. Lots of variables determine what mileage you will get from each kWh such as speed, gradient, wind speed, temperature, etc.

Edit: linked post has kwh/mi figures the wrong way round. amended for clarity

Last edited:
Reactions: GeorgeSymonds
Just checked my account. Non-free supercharging gives you the amount of kWh used. You don't see that with the free charging.

Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 13.49.15.png

The '1000 miles' is based on the consumption of a Model X which is why you usually get more than that with a model 3. The amount is 400kwh which an MX will use way before an M3. Imagine the uproar from MX owners if they based the 1000 miles on M3 efficiency as they would probably see around 800 miles.

The '1000 miles' is based on the consumption of a Model X which is why you usually get more than that with a model 3. The amount is 400kwh which an MX will use way before an M3. Imagine the uproar from MX owners if they based the 1000 miles on M3 efficiency as they would probably see around 800 miles.
Perhaps that is why they have ended to 1000 mile "Loot"!

No supercharges in my first couple of weeks or so of ownership were recorded in my account, and so far I don’t appear to have been charged. I bought a vehicle which was destined to be a ‘marketing’ vehicle, was already registered to a showroom and only had 6 miles on the clock. During this time there was a service showing as open on the app, and I was unable to schedule a service. Once the service status was closed, I began being charged.