Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging on 60kWh

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wanted to bring this thread back since most of us have 5.8 now. I've been noticing different rates since 5.5 update. I'm a regular at the Fremont SC and I've usually start my charge around 40 miles of range left.

On 5.5, I've seen highs of 70kwh per hour and usually around 65kwh when it fires up.

On 5.8, it maxes out at 54kwh per hour.

Are you guys getting the same rates at the same low charge starting point? I'm kinda dissapointed it's not 120kwh as advertised but I'm still grateful for what I'm getting so I can go on road trips.

Hmm... I am still on FW4.5 but I see SC charge rates at 68Kw when I have been super charging lately. Typically I still have 50 to 55 miles left in the battery when I start charging. I was told by another user here that up to 90Kw is possible with 5.8 on a 60Kwh battery.

Hmm... I am still on FW4.5 but I see SC charge rates at 68Kw when I have been super charging lately. Typically I still have 50 to 55 miles left in the battery when I start charging. I was told by another user here that up to 90Kw is possible with 5.8 on a 60Kwh battery.

I didn't notice any improvements when I last supercharged at Hawthorne and was on 5.8. It was under 70kw.

Back on Nov. 26th I made the rounds of the five SuperChargers in Texas on the occasion of the ribbon cuttings for the Corsicana and Huntsville SCs. One of the screen shots I took was at the San Marcos SC (see below) on the way home.

It was pumping 322a x 321v = 103,362 Watts of power early on. (5.8 software)

Supercharging.jpg

Last edited:
I drove from Davis to San Diego on Friday in my 60, and I logged my charge sessions. I had a charger to myself in every case except Hawthorne, where I was the second to plug in. I believe I lost the first few data points at Hawthorne due to a connectivity issue.

gilroy.png

atascadero.png

buellton.png

hawthorne.png