Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging once weekly - no home charger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I live in a condo and I had a 14-30 plug installed at my parking space. By law they (HOA Board) have to allow you to put a charger or equivalent. Note the question is if it’s worth it. It cost me about $5k to install the plug along with an extra 110v plug which included a DCC and 100ft of conduit. Totally worth it! :)

Pic of my plug with separate breaker box. Not pictured is my DCC EV controller.

Attachments

• 854055F2-A90E-46CC-AE8C-FA2B3D7F175C.jpeg
    854055F2-A90E-46CC-AE8C-FA2B3D7F175C.jpeg
    577.5 KB · Views: 113
I also live in a condo with no ev charging available (we have open parking in our community). Algo to go the superchargers / L2 parking close to me - so far so good! Yeah I wish I had the garage to plug it overnight but don't see a huge problem tbh. I rarely drive (300 miles per month at most) so for me not thinking about changing oil and all of that stuff is much better!

I live in a condo and I had a 14-30 plug installed at my parking space. By law they (HOA Board) have to allow you to put a charger or equivalent. Note the question is if it’s worth it. It cost me about $5k to install the plug along with an extra 110v plug which included a DCC and 100ft of conduit. Totally worth it! :)

Pic of my plug with separate breaker box. Not pictured is my DCC EV controller.
Nice!

I live on the 8th floor and my parking spot is on the 2nd other side of building. Would’ve cost me $10k+ to install 😂

Nice!

I live on the 8th floor and my parking spot is on the 2nd other side of building. Would’ve cost me $10k+ to install 😂
It doesn't go to my panel in my unit. It goes directly from the electrical meter. So if you are near your electrical meter, then it will actually be cheaper! =). I also have a 2 story condo where each level has its own HVAC systems. This taxes my meter so I had to install a DCC for my plug so it can regulate the plug when my HVAC systems were being used and while the car was charging. Your situation may not need it. If I were closer to my meter and didn't need a DCC, it would've cost closer to $1500 to install it all. =). Good luck!