Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Supercharging option not enabled" message

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the message that 007 passed all of the High Voltage tests and that I needed to come in to sign something for them to now do the service #4 (the low coolant message came on the day I was told about the High Voltage test availability - and they couldn't address the low coolant until the High Voltage test was performed). While in the SC, I glanced at the step by step report (I am to get a full copy of the report) and every system passed and inspections of the frame, suspension, etc., all passed

@Jazbo How much did the High Voltage test cost? Did you get a copy of the report? If so, any chance you will share it so we can see what they do?

@Jazbo just checking back to see if you have had a chance to check on what the HV inspection cost. Thanks!
Sorry for the delay! The "Salvage-Titled High Voltage Safety Inspection" was $525.00. It says, "Salvage-Titled High Voltage Safety Inspection is intended only to determine if it is safe to work on the high voltage components of the salvage-titled vehicle. The Salvage-Titled High Voltage Safety Inspection is not related to drivability or operability of the salvage-titled vehicle." Every test passed, including a visual inspection with the battery pack out with the comments, "Checked under body with no pack. Looks fine. Both subframes and all links look fine. Door jambs also look fine. No visible damage to the structure."
Page 2 states, "The vehicle has passed the Salvage-Titled High Voltage Safety Inspection. Bullet point 1: Any Tesla limited warrantied and extended service agreements for the vehicle remain void. Bullet point 2: Supercharging will not be reinstated. Bullet point 3: All future inspections, service, and repairs will be at your expense."
Frustrated that it passes the high voltage tests and there is no visible damage to the structure, yet the car cannot be reinstated to supercharging!
(the web site mocks me by still declaring "You have lifetime supercharging!")
I went ahead and got the 4th year service that it was due and am driving 00007 locally.

Reactions: tga and MP3Mike
Frustrated that it passes the high voltage tests and there is no visible damage to the structure, yet the car cannot be reinstated to supercharging!
There are people around who can help you with this. I don't know if they want to be called out in a public forum. They may or may not have expressed frustration with this policy in the past, and they may or may not have posted in your thread already.