Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharging pain in rear

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Read through the rest of the thread. Yes, he had a really bad attitude at the start of the thread, but he did come to understand (somewhat), that he just had a really bad experience at one of the really bad locations and became more reasonable in the next several pages.

I apologize if I ruffled feathers. I was quite angry at the time due to the bad SC experience.

My intent was not to offend anyone, but mainly to vent to basically the only people who would understand my frustration. I stand by my original post, that excessive wait times at SC stations is NOT what I signed up for, or what was portrayed to me as part of the Tesla ownership experience.

Simple solution for me right now is no more road trips in the Tesla, skip the SCs and leave them for you guys to enjoy, and charge at home! :) Going to pick up another ICE for longer trips.

Last edited:
Octane: I am in the middle of an East Coast trip from New England down to Florida and back. With side excursions to Asheville, NC and Atlanta. I can tell you that in most East Coast SC's I have been the ONLY car there with the exception of Atlanta and Ft. Myers. When it has been time for us to pull into a SC, it is also time for us to stretch our legs and bio break as well. As our first long trip, I can tell you that it has been an amazing experience and very comfortable other than the "Panic" surrounding finding the SC's in the Atlanta Atlantic Station. That cavernous parking garage is your worst nightmare. Thank God I had the Supercharger app on my phone wherein some great soul had posted some hints as to finding the SuperChargers!

Best Regars, ARTinCT

• Informative
Reactions: oktane
I apologize if I ruffled feathers. I was quite angry at the time due to the bad SC experience.

My intent was not to offend anyone, but mainly to vent to basically the only people who would understand my frustration. I stand by my original post, that excessive wait times at SC stations is NOT what I signed up for, or what was portrayed to me as part of the Tesla ownership experience.

Simple solution for me right now is no more road trips in the Tesla, skip the SCs and leave them for you guys to enjoy, and charge at home! :) Going to pick up another ICE for longer trips.
Actually those of us who bought a Tesla in order to reduce consumption of oil don't enjoy the idea that a Tesla owner would be taking an ICE for longer trips.

Actually those of us who bought a Tesla in order to reduce consumption of oil don't enjoy the idea that a Tesla owner would be taking an ICE for longer trips.

Well as you've probably learned, I'm certainly not here to please anyone. I bought a Tesla because I like technology and I felt like, not to make Greenpeace happy. That's just a fringe benefit. Since you're from Texas, doesn't oil basically flow through your veins anyway?!

I will give up the ICE when the technology and infrastructure catches up with a road trip that can be done with a Toyota Camry. We're still not quite there yet. I'd say we might be in 2 years. And yes, I haven't driven any of my ICE cars all week.

Sorry if this was already mentioned (didn't want to read 7 pages in full looking for it). On a trip from Seattle to California I was charging and someone pulled up on the shared port and complained about slow speeds. By the time we were out of the car and started talking my S had started to taper down and his wasn't tapering up (Maybe it doesn't do that?). Anyways I suggested he unplug/replug his car and after doing so his rate went way up.

Don't know if it was luck but maybe if you're getting a slow rate after 10 minutes or so go click the charger button so it disconnects and reconnects to see if the rate actually goes up?

Octane: I am in the middle of an East Coast trip from New England down to Florida and back. With side excursions to Asheville, NC and Atlanta. I can tell you that in most East Coast SC's I have been the ONLY car there with the exception of Atlanta and Ft. Myers. When it has been time for us to pull into a SC, it is also time for us to stretch our legs and bio break as well. As our first long trip, I can tell you that it has been an amazing experience and very comfortable other than the "Panic" surrounding finding the SC's in the Atlanta Atlantic Station. That cavernous parking garage is your worst nightmare. Thank God I had the Supercharger app on my phone wherein some great soul had posted some hints as to finding the SuperChargers!

Best Regars, ARTinCT

Agree. On my drive to California from Baltimore two years ago the only place I encountered supercharging capacity problems was in Southern California. In most places there were only a few or none charging.

I would never make a long road trip in an ICE again. One of the principal reasons I bought a Tesla was to do my small share for climate change. If we don't all become accountable for our carbon output the human race is toast by the middle of the next century.